List of GOOD & BAD confinment lady (mummy, if you have help input)

yvonne_ktw

I went to different post n accumulate to summarize good n bad confinment lady.
Hope this way will be much easier for mummies who are looking for CL:Dancing_wub:

Hope mummies can indicate their forum ID so that if others would like to know more about the CL they can PM you. :tlaugh:

Currently the market price for CL is $2k or $2.2k in SGD for a Malaysian CL. Few years back I engage one for my 1st BB is $1.8k n imagine SGD convert to RM n my house got maid already but some CL still wunt discount $ for me. I think we mummy should not pamper those CL. We must be firm in negotiating price with them. :red:

Hope my post of this thread is helpful to all mummies!! Cheers!!!!

Last edited:

yvonne_ktw

Would appreciate if you see the CL is listed in already n you can put a comer beside n add in your forum iD example: Forum iD: dadachan, yvonne_ktw (like this at least we know how many ppl like or dun like the CL)

Don't choose: 'reply with quote'
CHOOSE: 'reply to thread' n copy below whole list, everything and add in yours

GOOD:
CL:Siew zhen*
Forum id: Iceydragon81

Cl: xing
Forum Id: deeho

Cl: liqing 50yrs
Forum Id: elaine01

Cl: ya ju 40yrs
Forum Id: deborahlkl

Cl: yu Ying
Forum Id: wendy79

-------------------------------------------

BAD CL

CL: Irene (YONG NYUK YIN) from malaysia Sabah
Forum id: Pipilili

CL: zhu or bao
Forum iD: maxbean

CL: hongjie
Forum Id: jaclyn13

CL: Helen 60yrs Singaporean
Forum id: jellybnzw

CL: hao jie 56yrs
forum id: epicurean

CL: low GUI Mei
Forum id: JazN

CL: LAN ee, big mole on face n plump
Forum Id:

CL: Ying jie
Forum id:

CL: lian, dark n short hair about 50yrs
Forum id:

CL: kheng 50yrs
Forum Id:

CL: guilian, hubby stay in SG TPY
Forum ID: -m3m-

CL: xiao li, mid 50yrs stay in SG CCK
forum iD: mum-of-3

Last edited:

pehong

Hi, I seldom login here too. I would like contribute

BAD
LAN JIE from Ipoh, age around 50-60

Good
Tao Jie from Pahang age around 50

Confinementfood

We equip your maid with the knowledge of the type of food that you should/could consume during your confinement and teach them how to cook it.

This helps you save cost since confinement fees are not cheap these days and eliminate having another stranger in the house during your confinement period.

Please pm me if interested.

Millykoh

I just had a bad experience with my CL, her name is Siew Rong from Malaysia,sirkamat ( I,m not too sure of the spelling). Her contact no is 60177008542 & she is 57yrs old.

She never follows instructions like I dont want my baby to sleep face down & I dont like her force fed my baby but she kept doing it. She also likes to keep pestering us to buy groceries about every 2 days even though my fridge is full of food and kept hinting that she wants to eat outside food like prata, dumplings ( as it was dumplings festival during my confinement period). The worse things is she'll just eat or drink your food & drinks w/o asking your persmission & re-arrange my house things as though it was her's!

She'll pretend to be nice to you but if you dont acceed to her requests,she'll I'll treat you by not cooking confinement food for you and let you eat things that you shouldn't take during your confinement period. So beware!

She made me not wanting to engage any CL if I were to have a 2nd child.

pehong

Hi, Milly.

Really sad to heard your experience. It is same feeling while i have my 2nd CL.
Only the first week, i already want to KICK her out from my house.

But my husband and mum ask me to tolerence her....for 4 WEEKs .. such a long time.. for me to "REN" "REN" "REN" !!! she even use cold water to make cole milk for my baby, when i spot check midnite, i ask why, she told me the thermo pot electric is not hot.. no hot water... this is call experience CL ???

SO, I learn from expenrience, do not use electric thermo pot, use the normal thermo flask will do, and special prepare one for baby, the temp in the thermos is ready /straight away can make the milk. Same to my maid, do the same and I spot check time to time to ensure the water temp for milk is just right.

pehong

After the nightmare for 2 yrs, i struggling to employ my 3rd CL by recomendation too.

This time I am very lucky. I Can felt I am a queen or princess during the confinement period. I have been serve very good and all my request beeing follow. My husband also give good comments on her.

she cook the food which my husband and daughters like to eat and she is observant too. (my last CL lazy untill refuse to cook for my another daughter!). She is very chin chai and not calculative.

So i gave a small gift and a good angpow when she finish the confinement, since she really treat my family well during the month. I told my husband if I have spare money i really do not mind to emply her for 2nd months.

Millykoh

Hi, Milly.

Really sad to heard your experience. It is same feeling while i have my 2nd CL.
Only the first week, i already want to KICK her out from my house.

But my husband and mum ask me to tolerence her....for 4 WEEKs .. such a long time.. for me to "REN" "REN" "REN" !!! she even use cold water to make cole milk for my baby, when i spot check midnite, i ask why, she told me the thermo pot electric is not hot.. no hot water... this is call experience CL ???

SO, I learn from expenrience, do not use electric thermo pot, use the normal thermo flask will do, and special prepare one for baby, the temp in the thermos is ready /straight away can make the milk. Same to my maid, do the same and I spot check time to time to ensure the water temp for milk is just right.

Thanks pehong, I feels that being a CL one must have passion & is a loving & caring person as you are taking Care of a weak mother ( who had juz gave birth) & a infant who is so helpless. Yet these bad CL took advantage on these weakness & started to do bad things to us. They should be ashamed of themselves, & we should not let these bad CL carry on their evil doings by sharing on the list of bad CL. Hope more will contribute to this list.

yvonne_ktw

How well does the good CL take care of us?

MUMMY
1) make sure there's warm boiled water in your toilet for you to use as and when you need it?

2) If your house has a bigger kid, he need to wash hands, passmotion. Will your CL have the initial to do it for you? If not you have to touch the tap water?

3) She don't throw your rubbish bin outside the house?(our bin has our pad)

4) When she clean the floor with magic wipe, she dont clean under the sofa?

5) She don't bath your newborn with soap drip in water?

6) She don't sun tan your newborn till she recover from jaundice? which claim it will slowly goes off even without sun tanning?

7) She request sleep in living room with newborn and newborn is sleeping directly under the fan but actually she knew it's not good for newborn but just keep quiet? Till we take action then she claim ya, this should be the way, previously it's too cold already as it's directly under the fan.

8) She put the bread and magarine on table and you prepare the bread yourself?

Can someone tell me are these correct as a CL? Or, i'm just a too picky mummy?

pehong

Your CL is not really good on taking care baby and kids. all did buy my CL.
But for butter, I will apply myself as only I know how much i want to put on. For water or other request, I will tell her when I need it.
Hopes its help to you.

yvonne_ktw

Thanks for sharing dear,
Cause my previous CL she prepare things properly de but this one...

Your CL is not really good on taking care baby and kids. all did buy my CL.
But for butter, I will apply myself as only I know how much i want to put on. For water or other request, I will tell her when I need it.
Hopes its help to you.

Jan25

Hi mummies,

actually i beg to differ for one of the 'GOOD' CL listed below.
Reasons being:
- 1st time we saw her using a kind of powder on our bb and when we examined the container, to our horror it was past the expiry date. when we questioned her, she claimed that it's alright. but we were rather uncomfortable and hence purposely went out to buy a new one.
-i found uncooked dishes served to me more than once. When i asked her how come the meat seemed so pinkish, she said 'like that one'. like i have never eaten meat before! when i requested for her to recook the dish, she came back with the meat barely even warm.
-she hinted to us that her son would be coming down fr m'sia and asked if it's ok for him to come up to our house. she even added that her previous employers allow her to do so. but i was not comfortable with that and told her straight in the face.
-she was super unsupportive of bf-ing. i was facing challenges with the supply initially and she kept putting me down and insisted on feeding fm to my bb.
-my house was very sticky and messy throughout her stay. even my hb who has very high threshold couldnt stand the mess. we engaged a cleaner to clean up our place the very day she left.

Above were some pts that i could recall as i engaged her more than a year ago. I have added her under 'BAD' CL. she was recommended thru a thread in this forum. but diff ppl have diff expectations i suppose. just to share that recommendations are still to your own discretion.

GOOD:

BAD CL

CL: Irene (YONG NYUK YIN) from malaysia Sabah
Forum id: Pipilili

CL: zhu or bao
Forum iD: maxbean

CL: hongjie
Forum Id: jaclyn13

CL: Helen 60yrs Singaporean
Forum id: jellybnzw

CL: hao jie 56yrs
forum id: epicurean

CL: low GUI Mei
Forum id: JazN

CL: LAN ee, big mole on face n plump
Forum Id:

CL: Ying jie
Forum id:

CL: lian, dark n short hair about 50yrs
Forum id:

CL: kheng 50yrs
Forum Id:

CL: guilian, hubby stay in SG TPY
Forum ID: -m3m-

CL: xiao li, mid 50yrs stay in SG chua chu kang
forum iD: mum-of-3

Forum Id: Jan25

yvonne_ktw

Thanks for sharing Jan. :) yes I agree cause diff ppl diff view. The CL I got now is got reco by forum also de. But maybe wen they used that time the CL is ok but wen at our side we encounter diff stuff.
Actually I'm still think this CL I wanna put her as good or bad still cause I just dun like the way she handle mummy.
Today I tell her tomolo I wanna bath she asked back: u want bath with herbs? I was shock!
She asked where's my DOM I say Duno where maid keep I went to dig n showed her all here. Just now she asked me bring down myself n pour a cup to drink. I'm csec n ask me climb high n stretch hand up to take that 1litre btl?

After today I tot naming her as bad CL

Btw, Jan can share how much last day Ang Bao u gave your CL?

mrbaby

I wonder the CL colour in red is she good or bad.??? cos her name is at both Good and Bad...

Mummies please identify.......Thank you
Hi mummies,

actually i beg to differ for one of the 'GOOD' CL listed below.
Reasons being:
- 1st time we saw her using a kind of powder on our baby and when we examined the container, to our horror it was past the expiry date. when we questioned her, she claimed that it's alright. but we were rather uncomfortable and hence purposely went out to buy a new one.
-i found uncooked dishes served to me more than once. When i asked her how come the meat seemed so pinkish, she said 'like that one'. like i have never eaten meat before! when i requested for her to recook the dish, she came back with the meat barely even warm.
-she hinted to us that her son would be coming down fr m'sia and asked if it's ok for him to come up to our house. she even added that her previous employers allow her to do so. but i was not comfortable with that and told her straight in the face.
-she was super unsupportive of bf-ing. i was facing challenges with the supply initially and she kept putting me down and insisted on feeding fm to my baby.
-my house was very sticky and messy throughout her stay. even my husband who has very high threshold couldnt stand the mess. we engaged a cleaner to clean up our place the very day she left.

Above were some pts that i could recall as i engaged her more than a year ago. I have added her under 'BAD' CL. she was recommended thru a thread in this forum. but diff ppl have diff expectations i suppose. just to share that recommendations are still to your own discretion.

GOOD: