Looking for Gynae in the East

apatche

Hi does anyone know a good gynae in the East? Preferably Parkway East Hospital ... Hope someone can recommend. Thanks in advance!

lizzy2101

hi apatche :D im living in east too, im scheduled to see Dr. Roland Chieng from park way east medical which he delivers in parkway east hospital this saturday :D i heard he is good and the review of him all sounds good. one more thing good about review is that he charge reasonably fee for check up and such. :)

apatche

hi lizzy! thank you so much for replying :). i've scheduled an appointment with dr roland cheing next weekend. hope he's nice (fingers crossed).

hi lizzy! thank you so much for replying :). i've scheduled an appointment with dr roland cheing next weekend. hope he's nice (fingers crossed).
My gynae Dr. Loke kah Keong (singapore women's clinic tampines), will deliver at Parkway East also...so far I'm comfort with him, rate not too high also, nurses also friendly..

Katherineallsop

hi mummies,

i am new to this forum, just discovered 5 weeks pregnant. looking for gynae in the east with reasonable rate.. do you guys know Esther Ng?:) is she good?

Hihi, I'm with Dr Esther Ng. She was recommended by my family doctor whereby she has assisted to deliver her two children.

She is very motherly and friendly, sometimes I call the clinic with doubts, she will also call me back personally and check and explain to me.

As for charges wise, her consultation is $80 and every visit to her will cost me $100+ for the fish oil, calcium, colic acid, vitamins, iron and etc.

Her clinic assistants are also very friendly and nice too, every time gave me free milk samples or goodies bag.

She also operates in Mt Alvernia, which I already book my delivery package there.

mysteria

Hihi, I'm with Dr Esther Ng. She was recommended by my family doctor whereby she has assisted to deliver her two children.

She is very motherly and friendly, sometimes I call the clinic with doubts, she will also call me back personally and check and explain to me.

As for charges wise, her consultation is $80 and every visit to her will cost me $100+ for the fish oil, calcium, colic acid, vitamins, iron and etc.

Her clinic assistants are also very friendly and nice too, every time gave me free milk samples or goodies bag.

She also operates in Mt Alvernia, which I already book my delivery package there.
Hi there,

May I know how's her package is like? Antenatal and delivery charges. Tks!

I'm now in week 31, have yet to discuss with her on the delivery charges.

As for antenatal package, I didn't sign any package with her. If you interested, perhaps you check with her clinic assistant.

My every visit is about $100+ including all the supplements as explained above.

it2203

I've had a really bad experience when I 1st went to see Dr Loke in Jan 2012. The nurses work like the clinic is a pet clinic, all women that came in are basically animals and not human. The 1st thing you get from them with you call them is "So, you want to see doc for what? Pregnant? So want to keep the baby or not?" They register patients like robots, take temperature, weight & blood pressure etc without any eye contact at all.(Totally not interested & no gentle tone ,basically loud & robotic treatment) They ask you about your medical history very loudly and openly as if they never knew that every patient's record is P & C. Asking you very embarassing and confidential stuff like are you keeping your baby, done any abortion etc at the top of their voices disregarding if they are many other patients around. Such information are basically meant to be asked in private. I was totally annoyed. I told they off once already asking them if they knew that patient's medical records are P & C. They still argued with you that they need to ask you mah! I asked Dr Loke that his nurses despite having worked there for so many many years and yet they do not know the basics of medical ethics? He basicallly patronized me. After a miscarriage in Feb 2012, I was preggy again. Today I went back and it happened again. Very loudly and openly they asked me if I had a miscarriage or abortion before etc.....I was fuming mad. I asked the nurse if she would like to do a live telecast or use a loud speaker to announce her questions to me. All the nurses worked in the clinic for as long as 10 years and yet they have no basic manners or ethics or any considerations of human feelings when they asked confidential information. I wonder how Dr Loke educate his nurses? Anyway, my overall experience with the doc wasn't every comfortable. I don't feel any warmth, reassurance or any human feelings at all when I visit the doc. Everything seem so robotic and commercialized. The overall experience was totally horrendous. I will never recommend anyone to this clinic unless they enjoy being treated this way.

apatche

Hi if it's any help, I ended up going to Dr Benjamin Tham. He's tied to Thomson Medical Center. Very nice and friendly gynae. What I like best about him is he's very jovial nd good natured. Always puts me in good spirits after seeing him.

Cupidlovesme

Hi, I've heard a lot of good comments on her too..but any idea about her stitching skill? Is she good in natural birth?