Losing Hope

mybhabychad

Hi Mommies,

I am 7 weeks pregnant now, when I and my husband went for a check up yesterday the gynie told us our biggest shock and scare of our lives. That the fetus didn't grow base on the size of the 6th week check up and that the heartbeat still can't be detected. Another thing is that the gynie told us that my womb is not perfectly shaped oblong. Our gynie have lose hope already and concluded with a miscarriage. However I have not experienced any spotting yet, i have had mild cramps but that's all.

Are there any mommies that have or are experiencing the same like me? We don't want to lose hope like our gynie have as this is our first baby, and I'm writing this to find that here is hope. We are planning to go for check up again to get a 2nd opinion in a different clinic and i hope the first finding is just an error. Thank you all and Happy Mother's Day.

pixie

Yes, 2nd or even 3rd opinion before you really lose hope xx

Hi Mommies,

I am 7 weeks pregnant now, when I and my husband went for a check up yesterday the gynie told us our biggest shock and scare of our lives. That the fetus didn't grow base on the size of the 6th week check up and that the heartbeat still can't be detected. Another thing is that the gynie told us that my womb is not perfectly shaped oblong. Our gynie have lose hope already and concluded with a miscarriage. However I have not experienced any spotting yet, i have had mild cramps but that's all.

Are there any mommies that have or are experiencing the same like me? We don't want to lose hope like our gynie have as this is our first baby, and I'm writing this to find that here is hope. We are planning to go for check up again to get a 2nd opinion in a different clinic and i hope the first finding is just an error. Thank you all and Happy Mother's Day.

Hi Mommies,

Hi

I would suggest you to go for a 2nd opinion if possible. Did the gynae suggest you to go through HCG blood test?

Eynj Alandy

Hi! I experienced the same thing. That was 2008. Missed my period, so i took the pregnancy test. It came out positive. Then i went to an OB in Raffles clinic Sengkang. We didnt know any gynae here in SG. We are permanent residents. So we just opted for someone who's near our place coz we stay in Punggol.

Anyway, i had an ultrasound. The OB saw the sac but NOTHING in there (im about 7 or 8 weeks then and my 2nd pregnancy). She said right then and there that I miscarriaged. So my hubby and I were shocked. She was telling us that She must remove anything that was left in my womb. We were so annoyed.

So we decided to ask for 2nd opinion. This time a friend of ours recommended a gynae (her officemate's gynae). His name is Dr. S.H. Kee. He's really good. His clinic is in Far East Plaza, Orchard. He also didn't see anything but gave me meds and vitamins. And he asked me to go back again after 2 weeks. Unless it was emergency like if i bleed or something. So from that first checkup, we liked him already. He gave us hope. BUT it didn't turn out well. I really miscarriaged without knowing it. Maybe the last time, i just thought that it was spotting (before my monthly period).

He did D and C (Dilation and Curettage) procedure. And talked us through that we can still have another baby coz we're still young. That was the WORST time of my life. I was really depressed. I didn't know what happened. Im a stay-at-home mom and just taking care of my son (he was 5 yrs old then).

I guess it was not our time yet to have another baby. But 2009 came and i got preggy again. January 2010, i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

So better ask for 2nd opinion. And if you want to try my gynae, he's highly recommended. Just say that i recommended you. Hope that helps.

huhsimi

Alpha Male
Can try Dr Ben Neo at lucky plaza level 5. He is good.

Dun worry, my wife discharged one big chunk of blood clot during her first trime and nothing bad happened. Now my boy is 22 weeks in his mummy's tummy.

Just tell your little one inside to be strong and stay with u, it helps.

Last edited:

mybhabychad

We will definitely go for another check up. Thank you all for the support it helps a lot. Hopefully there is good news.

yuijujin

I agree.. Please go for second opinion .. I have a friend who went to her gynae n couldn't detect heartbeat.. And her gynae ask her to do DC.. She didn't give up hope and went to another gynae.. And heartbeat was detected.. Please don't give up hope.. Ok?

Pwiincess

I am experiencing a similar thing now. Had a sudden gush of blood, I thought was menstruation. But after that incident, no continuos blood..so I bought a kit and tested. It was positive. But I didn't know whether I had a miscarriage. So I went to my usual Gynae. He scan and confirmed my pregnancy. But I was 5wks then, heartbeat wasn't detected. And worse, blood was seen outside my water bag. Til today no more bloodshows, but I'm not show if the baby is alive. Anybody experienced this too?

crystaloves

I am experiencing a similar thing now. Had a sudden gush of blood, I thought was menstruation. But after that incident, no continuos blood..so I bought a kit and tested. It was positive. But I didn't know whether I had a miscarriage. So I went to my usual Gynae. He scan and confirmed my pregnancy. But I was 5wks then, heartbeat wasn't detected. And worse, blood was seen outside my water bag. Til today no more bloodshows, but I'm not show if the baby is alive. Anybody experienced this too?

hi pwincess,

I am in my 5 weeks too, i am experiencing spotting and i dunno how, my husband say just relax and nothing will happen. As my spotting color is light brown so it shouldnt be a problem... i have 2 ectopics before as for current pregnancy i can see a dot in my ultrasound at 4.5 weeks.... but now im having slight cramps and slight bleeding.. endless worries...

huhsimi

Alpha Male
If baby no longer alive, I think your womb will start to contract and put it out to discharge.
mummies, correct me if I'm wrong....

crystaloves

If baby no longer alive, I think your womb will start to contract and put it out to discharge.
mummies, correct me if I'm wrong....
dear ladies im having brownish discharge for a week now ... went to a/e at nuh on thurs buht the scan turns out ok... i was given duphaston and im till experiencing this brownish discharge i dunno how to make it stop... its making me nerve wrecking

mrswan

Hi mummies, I had miscarriage before too, heartbeat detected on 7wks in Nov 2010, had brown spotting and sharp abdomen pain, lost bb heartbeat on 8wks, went to detailed scan in TMC, keep praying to hope i can hear bb heartbeat but was silence tone, done D&C. Rest for 2 mths n back on track to try again. Last yr Nov gave birth to a pretty baby gal.

Pls do not give up hope or fear to go thru all these pain again. I want to see my baby again, therefore I told myself not to give up. I have friend who dare not try again after miscarriage, it's been 6 yrs from her miscarriage. She started trying now but no news yet. My mum told me that after miscarriage, the chances of next pregnancy is higher and will be stronger. Jiayou k!!! :)

RaineRaine

Yes , i do agree with mrswan, i had lots of bleeding and ended up in a miscarriage around a month back, was very upset and thought negatively at that time. The worse thing was to know that the baby had a heartbeat but it just stopped growing thereafter. Its a painful experience but my mil told me that maybe it was not meant but the chances of my next pregnancy will be much stronger and higher. No matter how the news turn out to be, do not give up hope ! :)

I'm at a dilemma now too. Just went to see my gynae at KKH yesterday for the first visit since I discover I was pregnant. Was supposed to be 7 weeks preggy but dr couldnt see heartbeat. Sent me to another dept to do detailed scan and the lady who did the scan told me no hope or chance for any heartbeat. I was devastated but my gynae gave me hope to do another round of thorough check up next tue before determining the next course of action.
So far I don't have cramps or bleeding..
I wanna know what are my options?
Can I don't go through D&C and just let nature takes it's course?
Is D&C bad for body?
Hope someone can help me..

huhsimi

Alpha Male
I'm at a dilemma now too. Just went to see my gynae at KKH yesterday for the first visit since I discover I was pregnant. Was supposed to be 7 weeks preggy but dr couldnt see heartbeat. Sent me to another dept to do detailed scan and the lady who did the scan told me no hope or chance for any heartbeat. I was devastated but my gynae gave me hope to do another round of thorough check up next tue before determining the next course of action.
So far I don't have cramps or bleeding..
I wanna know what are my options?
Can I don't go through D&C and just let nature takes it's course?
Is D&C bad for body?
Hope someone can help me..
I hope you are alright. Many a times, we can only do our best. This is a situation whereby we cannot control but only hope for the best. My best fren has a similar case, went for scan at 5th week, got heart beat but at 7th week heartbeat was gone and foetus not growing. No cramps or bleeding as well but got morning sickness. In the end, his gf had to go for D&C.

My best suggestion is if the worst turned out, take it as an experience to you and your spouse. No one is wrong but just that the child is not fated to be yours. D&C is necessary to remove the foetus through suction so that your womb will not get an infection.
It is best to take more supplements, tonics and folic acid before you try to conceive once more. Nourish yourself and supplement your womb well is the best.

My hearts goes out to you and your spouse. Hope for the best.

Take Care !