~ Low-Lying Placenta ~

izanyzam

Hello all MTBs...I am currently approaching my 12th week..

Went to see my family GP 2 days ago because i was constipated for the past 2 days..Didnt go to see my gynae because my appt with him will be in a week's time.. In the meantime,I went to my GP to get something for my constipation.

GP did an ultrasound just to check on the baby..Baby's growing well..Good strong heartbeat..Saw baby covering his eyes with his hands..Soo cute..!!! And baby even "wriggled" for me..!!! All caught on video..!!

But GP noticed that my placenta is lying low near the opening of my cervix..Was told not to exert myself and no SI for the next 2 weeks..I Googled about this symptom and found out that it will usually correct itself as my uterus grows but if it stays low till the end of pregnancy,it will cause complications as well as requiring a Caesarean birth (i wanted to go the vaginal way...!!!).

Will see what my gynae says next week..I have been so worried ever since i found out about this..:bsad:
Any MTBs suffering/suffered from the same symptom..?? Care to share your advices..?? Thanks!!

nasha

hI Izanyzam,

I had the same complication the other time for my 2nd pregnancy.
It is call placenta praevia aka low lying placenta. Mine was placenta praevia major meaning my placenta was coverin the opening of my cervix completely so bb definately cannot come out down there. It lasted the whole pregnancy and i ended up with an emer c-sect after admitted hosp for 3x for bleeding.

Hope yours will be corrected b4 delivery! If not (touch wood), plse do take care cos if starts to bleed, first time just abit, 2nd time like urine flows down yr leg and the 3rd time its like RUNNING TAP WATER! Not kidding! Thats what happened to me.

Anyway, relax yourself and look forward to the best!

izanyzam

hI Izanyzam,

I had the same complication the other time for my 2nd pregnancy.
It is call placenta praevia aka low lying placenta. Mine was placenta praevia major meaning my placenta was coverin the opening of my cervix completely so bb definately cannot come out down there. It lasted the whole pregnancy and i ended up with an emer c-sect after admitted hosp for 3x for bleeding.

Hope yours will be corrected b4 delivery! If not (touch wood), plse do take care cos if starts to bleed, first time just abit, 2nd time like urine flows down yr leg and the 3rd time its like RUNNING TAP WATER! Not kidding! Thats what happened to me.

Anyway, relax yourself and look forward to the best!
Hi Nasha...

Now dats a reaaaallyyy scary...!!! I pray and hope that it will correct itself soon...Will see what my gynae says on Monday..Anyways,thanks for sharing your experience..For now,i just do things veryyyyyy SLOWLY...!!! :001_302:

dcs_81

My 20th week scan report did mention about low lying placenta, my doc didnt even utter anything about it .. Usually by 32 weeks it does go up by itself ..
Now my placenta went up .. Dont walk too much now , no carrying .. try not to worry much .. I know how you feel coz I was like you earlier on .. All All the best .. :Dancing_wub:

Hello all MTBs...I am currently approaching my 12th week..

Went to see my family GP 2 days ago because i was constipated for the past 2 days..Didnt go to see my gynae because my appt with him will be in a week's time.. In the meantime,I went to my GP to get something for my constipation.

GP did an ultrasound just to check on the baby..Baby's growing well..Good strong heartbeat..Saw baby covering his eyes with his hands..Soo cute..!!! And baby even "wriggled" for me..!!! All caught on video..!!

But GP noticed that my placenta is lying low near the opening of my cervix..Was told not to exert myself and no SI for the next 2 weeks..I Googled about this symptom and found out that it will usually correct itself as my uterus grows but if it stays low till the end of pregnancy,it will cause complications as well as requiring a Caesarean birth (i wanted to go the vaginal way...!!!).

Will see what my gynae says next week..I have been so worried ever since i found out about this..:bsad:
Any MTBs suffering/suffered from the same symptom..?? Care to share your advices..?? Thanks!!

nasha

Hi Nasha...

Now dats a reaaaallyyy scary...!!! I pray and hope that it will correct itself soon...Will see what my gynae says on Monday..Anyways,thanks for sharing your experience..For now,i just do things veryyyyyy SLOWLY...!!! :001_302:
U r right dearie! Just take things easy and dont tired/exert yrself too much shud b ok. For me i shop too much the other time..
Anyway its too early to worry cause u just 12wks right?
No matter what it is, the important thing is to look 4ward to your healthy bb!

siongnelly

hi my dear, understand how you feel as mother...you must have a very strong believe that, everything will be alright... cheers up... wish you all the best :)

pigletif

my detail scan doc got say that i should have enough space for the baby to grow.
as explain by my gynae, he say low lying but also have enough space till delivery.
maybe not that serious so gynae did not further say anything to it.

izanyzam

My 20th week scan report did mention about low lying placenta, my doc didnt even utter anything about it .. Usually by 32 weeks it does go up by itself ..
Now my placenta went up .. Dont walk too much now , no carrying .. try not to worry much .. I know how you feel coz I was like you earlier on .. All All the best .. :Dancing_wub:
I guess part of the reason is also because ive been walking too much recently..First few weeks of my pregnancy,i was always tired and coping with really bad MS..But up till 2 weeks ago,i got my strength back and my appetite also improved,that's why i went all out...Walking...Shopping...Carrying stuffs...Now i know i have to take it easy..!! :001_302:

Anyways thanks for the kind thoughts..!!!

izanyzam

U r right dearie! Just take things easy and dont tired/exert yrself too much shud b ok. For me i shop too much the other time..
Anyway its too early to worry cause u just 12wks right?
No matter what it is, the important thing is to look 4ward to your healthy bb!
Hi nasha...Although im just at my 12th week,i worry about every little thing that comes up esp since my previous 2 pregnancies ended up in early miscarriages...Its either one problem or another..!!!:wecry:

Anyways,so far ive had really postive comments about how the situation will work itself fine in the end...So i pray mine will be the same..!! :001_302:

izanyzam

hi my dear, understand how you feel as mother...you must have a very strong believe that, everything will be alright... cheers up... wish you all the best :)
Hello siongnelly...

Thank you for your warm and supportive words...Appreciate it..!!!:biggrin:

izanyzam

my detail scan doc got say that i should have enough space for the baby to grow.
as explain by my gynae, he say low lying but also have enough space till delivery.
maybe not that serious so gynae did not further say anything to it.
Hi pigletif...

Yeah i guess i shouldnt worry too much about it now since im just about to cross over to my second trimester...So definitely i have a lot more room for baby to grow and hopefully the placenta will also move up..!!

Thanks for sharing..!! :001_302:

pigletif

izanyzam, i see your case, think u should not carry heavy things. don walk too fast also ok? relax yourself more often and sleep early.
take care !

izanyzam

izanyzam, i see your case, think u should not carry heavy things. don walk too fast also ok? relax yourself more often and sleep early.
take care !
Sometimes i forget and as soon as i realise that im actually really pregnant,i put down all those heavy stuffs and slow down on my walking..But also cant help it la...So used to it..!! Anyways pigletif,thank you so much for your kind words..!!! :wong19:

norfen

hi izanyzam

I totally understand how u feel. I was said to have low lying placenta when I was in my 2nd tri. too. I felt so worried when my gynae told me if the placenta didn't move up, I would have to undergo c-sect. I did my research online and found out while that is true, its also quite common to have low lying placenta in the early stages. However, as u progress to the later stages/weeks, ur uterus will expand to accommodate the growing baby and this in turn will push up ur placenta.
I was reassured to know that. But being a first time mummy, it is understandable to be worried.
The doc did advise me to avoid lifting heavy objects and not to have intercourse for the time being. (although I didnt heed the latter. hehe)

I was hoping for the best and at the same time, left it to fate should my placenta remain in place. But with God's will, when I was in my 32nd week, my placenta did move up quite measurably, and my gynae told me the good news; that I was able to deliver naturally. And I did. =)
So hope u don't brood over it so much, and have faith in Him. I also practised talking to my baby when she was still in my tummy, to help push up her ' good friend' (the placenta) so that mummy can have a natural delivery. :tlaugh:

izanyzam

hi izanyzam

I totally understand how u feel. I was said to have low lying placenta when I was in my 2nd tri. too. I felt so worried when my gynae told me if the placenta didn't move up, I would have to undergo c-sect. I did my research online and found out while that is true, its also quite common to have low lying placenta in the early stages. However, as u progress to the later stages/weeks, ur uterus will expand to accommodate the growing baby and this in turn will push up ur placenta.
I was reassured to know that. But being a first time mummy, it is understandable to be worried.
The doc did advise me to avoid lifting heavy objects and not to have intercourse for the time being. (although I didnt heed the latter. hehe)

I was hoping for the best and at the same time, left it to fate should my placenta remain in place. But with God's will, when I was in my 32nd week, my placenta did move up quite measurably, and my gynae told me the good news; that I was able to deliver naturally. And I did. =)
So hope u don't brood over it so much, and have faith in Him. I also practised talking to my baby when she was still in my tummy, to help push up her ' good friend' (the placenta) so that mummy can have a natural delivery. :tlaugh:
Hi Norfen...

I too did my research on the net about low-lying placenta..While its quite common during early pregnancies,it should correct itself as the pregnancy progresses..Hope my outcome would be the same..

Ive lost both previous 2 pregnancies to miscarriages and understandably,something like this FREAKS me out a heck lot!!! But yes i do have faith in HIM..And since the first day i got pregnant with this one,i keep telling myself that this baby is strong and will pull through..

My GP also told me not to exert myself..But with the bad constipation im having,i cant even push my poo-poo out..!! Its been giving me a really bad feeling of bloatedness and the wind in my tummy causes me to be in pain..!!!And i didnt have SI with my hubby eversince i found about abt my current condition..!!! Although we did it a few days before i went to my GP..!!:we2Randy-git:

Anyways,thank you for sharing your experience and thanks for your kind thoughts..!! Appreciate it..!!:001_302:

izanyzam

Elo. All my 4 pregnancies had/has low-lying placentas. All 3 went up by 3rd trimester. Current 4th pregnancy still low-lying. Hopefully will move up also like previous ones.

Remember not to lift heavy loads ya!
Hello kams...Good to hear that the problem might actually fix itself like your previous 3 pregnancies...!! And hopefully your 4th one will be ok soon..Thanks for the advice and you take care too yah..!! :001_302:

izanyzam

Hello to all the MTBs who have offered me their advices and kind assurances..Appreciate them all very much...!!! :red:

I just went to my gynae for my third scan about 2 days ago.. I did not mention to my gynae about my visit to my family GP the previous week coz i wanted to see if my gynae would mention anything about my low-lying placenta..Here was what my gynae told me while scanning.. :

1) I am around 12 weeks +- 6days.

2) Baby measures 6.6cm crown to rump.

3) Baby's heartbeat is excellent...At 160/bpm.

4) Could see baby's tiny fingers well separated...Umbilical cord...Long legs.

Overall my baby is doing very very well..I had nothing to worry about..When i finally did ask about my placenta,my gynae told me its hard to tell coz right now,its not fully formed YET..!! :err:

Im thankful for the reassurance given to me by my gynae...I wonder how my family GP could've come up with that diagnosis the previous week..:bbconfused:
Just goes to show that sometimes its important to get second opinions..!!

But for now,i will still continue to take things easy and no exert myself..We'll see how it goes till my following check up next month..!!