low milk supply

lovebaby01

I drink around 2.5 to 3 liters of plain water everyday. Been doing ebm since day 1. Used to have at least 90 to 100ml each pump session before taking fenugreek. But supply dropped drastically to 20 to 30ml each session. Im very anxious to increase supply.

I have been using ardo dual pumps. Will it help if I switch to a stronger pump like medela pumpin style?

ifah03

Thats peculiar. Latch on ususally helps, but if u r unable to do so, then, do waht U can. relax and hopefully suply will improve. How old is ur baby?
Mayb, he does not need that much now if taking solids.

lovebaby01,
stress, worrying seeing the drop of volume in milk makes u tense and can affect the supply. if u know u are stress, no let downwhile pumping, stop, relax, and pump maybe 15 mins later.

i used to read reviews fenugreek works better for early stage after giving birth. try other alternative?

Alisa

u can try Raspberry Tea Leave. I drink this after my c-sec and my milk came on the 2nd day.I bought it from iherb.com. Alvita Teas, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Bags, Caffeine Free, 1.9 oz (54 g) 24 Tea Bags - iHerb.com

lovebaby01

Many Thanks for the replies.
My baby is 4.5mth old. Could not do latch on bcos of injured wrist. Maybe I should try the hot milo and massage method.
Im thinking of trying green papaya n fish soup this weekend but I dun like the fishy smell. Can I cook the papaya with chicken or pork?

yes, can cook with pork ribs. saw this in one cofinement book recipe, same function as fish. so i thought to make things easier, i even cook papaya only as soup only.

xinjie

Don't stress, hydrate more with water (don't be like some people and think drinking water is bad), eat salmon, take nuts everyday. I buy my raw nuts from snackfirst.com. the best is walnuts, cashew and almonds. and then drink water again.