low milk supply

Applediver

maybe, pumping every 2 hrs is too taxing for U. Relax a bit, have more rest.
Drink n sleep longer.
Try 4 hrs interval. Maybe that will help.

U sound so stressed up. This will affect yr flow too. Have happy thoughts too.
Yes u r right. I am super stressed up and I get v defensive when my mil keep saying the baby is hungry. She comes over everyday and once she is at the door( havnt come in yet) she will ask when did bb eat and calculated very loud when is the next feed. She nv bf before so very anti-bf.
In the end no choice I started supp with formula 5 days ago. Thus I was a bit desperate to increase the amt.

diorly

My confinement nanny knows how to cook those dishes (cod fish, salmon, scallops, sea cucumber, papaya fish soup, some other dishes she created.. etc) that can boost up my milk supply. To get good amt of breastmilk you must also eat well and sleep well... I am pumping around 800~900ml a day ever since Day 7. I pump 3times a day.

Some woman are just not that responsive to pumping. If can, try to latch. I was pumping only 500ml daily even though I was pumping 8 to 9 times a day. I was also on fenugreek and domperidone but pumping volume stay the same. It was only until I latch that my supply increase.

Applediver:827449 said:
Yes u r right. I am super stressed up and I get v defensive when my mil keep saying the baby is hungry. She comes over everyday and once she is at the door( havnt come in yet) she will ask when did bb eat and calculated very loud when is the next feed. She nv bf before so very anti-bf.
In the end no choice I started supp with formula 5 days ago. Thus I was a bit desperate to increase the amt.
Interesting my fil behaves like your mil. When my bb cry he says he is hungry and every morning he will ask me what time the bb last feed (which later on I realize it doesnt matter cos he always feed him at 8am regardless what time he last fed). However he is supportive of bf. So u shouldnt be bothered by what your mil says. Treat it like she is just concern about the wellbeing of your bb. And I'm guessing u are not working yet? U should try to latch because that's the fastest way to increase supply. If bb cant latch, get a lc to help u identify the problem.

ifah03

Hang in there dear. I was soo stressed when I had my first boy, whopping 10pounder, who drinks and drinks.
My Hubby - very pro BF, will just hand him to me when he cries.

My neighbor came and console me, she is a staff nurse.
She told me, take it easy, if i need to, just give him formula once a day. Take it a day at a time.
When i relax, it was amazing. BF became a breeze, i managed to feed him for more than a yr, formula was kept til it became hard (hardly used).
Then, had to travel 1 mth for work, brought back EBM from states, but by that time, he does not want my nipple, used to bottle nipple. sigh.

For 2nd babym BF till 2+, this gal refuse formula and bottle, another headache. So, learn my lesson, 3rd one, very early give EBM in bottle, once in a while (after she turned 1+), give formula (if this gal also like sis, de cline formula, i will go nuts!!!). now 3rd baby, still bf- already 13 mths.

So, relax and if u no choice, give him formula once in a while. This is happy times for U and family, everyone wants the best for U n baby!

take care!

ling.er

My Baby is 9Mth where I also still feed EBM & also trying to in crease my milk... Does lot lot plain water really help in supply?

ling.er:829195 said:
My Baby is 9Mth where I also still feed EBM & also trying to in crease my milk... Does lot lot plain water really help in supply?
I try to drink at least 1.5 ltrs of plain water in the office. Find that if I drink less my pumping output will drop a bit. Not a lot though around 20ml. I recall reading from somewhere that drinking too much will cause drop. But I guess it depends on individual. U can trial and error.

ifah03

Clumsy smurf, each child is different, so thts e pattern for ur baby.
Some babies latch for more than 1 hr and still wants to drink 1 hr later.

hang in thr. Coax him to drink more, hopedully, He will, then he will stay satisfid longer.

clumsy smurf

Clumsy smurf, each child is different, so thts e pattern for ur baby.
Some babies latch for more than 1 hr and still wants to drink 1 hr later.

hang in thr. Coax him to drink more, hopedully, He will, then he will stay satisfid longer.

very tired and no idea it will maintain how long for this situation.... faint

clumsy smurf,

does yr baby tends to doze off while drinking, try to wake him up during the feed and make sure he is drinking by seeing the jaw movement and hear the sound. the milkflow might be fast initially then will slow down, baby tend to doze off easily. burp him, hold him up to wake him then continue.

clumsy smurf

clumsy smurf,

does yr baby tends to doze off while drinking, try to wake him up during the feed and make sure he is drinking by seeing the jaw movement and hear the sound. the milkflow might be fast initially then will slow down, baby tend to doze off easily. burp him, hold him up to wake him then continue.
ya, i use the toy to make sound n he still close his eye to sleep n i can't force him or else he will cry...

shinl

happened to me.. she used to latch every 1 hr.. dd nw latch every 2 hours.. bt she cluster feeds for 3 hours sometimes.. unlatch n then ask for milk again 2 hours later lol.. its tiring bt jia you!

tingle, try sacred nursing tea. taste might not be nice as compared to other in teabag form, but since we need to brew ourselves, i tried and it works during the early months of bf.

lovebaby01

Anyone to share your experience for using fenugreek? I have been using GNC fenugreek for 3 to 4 times a day. 3 capsules each time. It's been 2weeks but the milk supply goes down instead.

ifah03

3 tablets 3-4 times a day? Wow, thts a lot. Did use GNC fenugreek before, worked for me.
How much water do u drink?
Mayb ur baby latch n drink a lot, so u think supply is lower whn u pump?
just carry on for a few more weeks n see how. Try drinking horlicks too