Lung infection or Bronchiolitis

PinkDiamonds

I got 3 kids and they're all sensitive babies. They got eczema which is most likely genetics from me and my husband. My eldest got bronchiolitis a few times already and it got quite bad that we had to bring her to KKH. My youngest also had a lung infection and needed the nebulizer administered at our GP. My second one has very very bad eczema.

Besides avoiding cold drinks and keeping their environment clean, you can also consider investing in an air purifier. I find it not only reduced their sensitivity but even if they catch a cold, they recover faster than last time.

PinkDiamonds

hi.. I actually invested in one air purifier:) my room s very wet... lots of moist.. any way to improve it?
Have you tried using a dehumidifier? Like Thirsty Hippo that kind?

My kids sleep in an air-con room, thus the air is relatively dry.

Or is your air purifier the water-based type? Mine runs through a filter.

cocosay

She's located at Blk 152 Bukit Batok St 11. Tel: 68961618. FuNan Traditional Chinese Medicine Ctr. Call to check Dr Su's schedule and to take queue number.

cocosay

My girl had eczema due to her airway too. But after giving her LactoGG for a period of time, her skin is so much better. And now, I'm giving her once or twice a week only to maintain her health and digestive system. You may want to consider that too.
KK is selling BioGaia brand. Lifeplus at IMM level 5 has Culturelle brand for adult which you can break the capsule and dissolve into water for kids.
Remember to always give them lots of fluid and fruits, esp apples to keep the doctors away!

cocosay

You can get culturelle @ Lifeplus @ IMM level 5 lift lobby D. They have only the capsules type which you need to break it, dissolve into water and give to your kids. Or you can get Biogaia from KK hospital. Some clinic sells LactoGG brand. You can call your nearest clinic to enquire.

cocosay

Sorry my bad, it's lobby B now and the company name is PlusLife. if you have any friend coming from States, ask them to help you to get it from there. It's much cheaper say US$15+tax and they have the granules for kids.

linuspine

I had done up alot of research and chatted with alot of mummy and daddy.. I had conclude. those asthma or respirestion problem is normally lead by enviromental. intake of TCM or medication is not totally cure the issue root. that my recomendation, i relise our child is sure spend 1/3 of their time on bed. so i relise that bed or home is the main thing to attack other then human gene or anyone is smoker at home.

I do invest a UV air cleaner which will clean up the room air when my child is slping. during the time i have maid, the maid can assist in ensuring the room matress and bed sheet is veri clean. so i top up a air cleaner that even made my room enviroment better to slp.

after my maid left, house chorse is done by me and my wife, I discover that when we wash our bed sheet, upon dry from the sun shine, i relise that there is still alot of cotton or dust from external enviroment. Which mean current environment only ensure the bed sheet is dry bt not completely remove dust. So i done another investment on UV vacuume. So tis morning i vaccum the bed, it reali alot of dust and my diagnose is, these dust lead my son eye infection and my elder ger every nite coughing. The dust i descride is reali a layer over the filter about 4mm thick on a queen size and super single bed.

I will observe and conclude does this UV vacuum useful. Hope it will help my both child that is veri sensertive to dust.

irvykitty

my daughter got it when she is 5 months old, i brought her to sbcc at tiong bahru with Dr. Wong.

He gave her medicine which must be taken about 1 weeks, painful when give her the medicine as she struggles a lot. After a week of medication she is much better.

And yes most of it because of the dust from the bed, thus I have vacuum the bed and change the bed sheet every 1 week.

Have to sweep the living room floor everyday as it can be very dusty, sweep only at night when she is sleeping in the room. Now she is much better.

Hope thats help

xlan

You can get culturelle @ Lifeplus @ IMM level 5 lift lobby D. They have only the capsules type which you need to break it, dissolve into water and give to your kids. Or you can get Biogaia from KK hospital. Some clinic sells LactoGG brand. You can call your nearest clinic to enquire.
I am looking for LactoGG too, as my son's doc recomm it for his nose allergy which caused him frequent flu & cough. I checked with Guardian Pharmacy but they do not LactoGG, the Pharmacist told me to try BioGaia, but it is of a slightly different strain of probiotic. As I understand there are many different strains of probiotic and not everyone of it can stimulate our immune system to work effectively.

Then i googled for Culturelle, it contains the same strain of probiotic as LactoGG has, but Culturelle only contains 1 billion cells per packet (per consumption), whereas LactoGG contains 20 billion cells per capsule (per consumption). this is like 20 times more concentrated than culturelle

so I tink is still better to get LactoGG, but I'm still searching for the cheapest source ;p

steven

my 2 1/2yr old baby gal have a very bad cough and has a lot of phlegm.

also have bronchiolities condition.

have been taking Fluimucil and now left few packets.

every time cough vomit out alots of phlegm.

recently been to KK and xray show alots of phlegm since 1yr ago xray at KK.

cannot be keep taking Fluimucil?

any recommendation or see chinese TCM?

Last edited: