maggie mee

karoru

heee.... i m not alone... i ate once before i saw all your reply... coz i was really very hungry... no lunch at home with no other foods... then i try to make myself feel better by just eating half bowl of the noodles and using half packet of the seasonings... hee... talking about it, suddenly have the craving for it now... oh no!!!

Queenbabe

1 week 1 packet will do hahaha .. Yummy what favour u like most ? I try one time i take 1 pack for breakfast , 1 pack for lunch & 1 pack for dinner but that time not preggy lah .

wenz

i just had mine last nite as dinner... mil din cook much rice and by the time i finish feeding my gal, the whole pot of rice finished up by my son, mil, sil, hubby and dd... so i cook maggie mee with fish and the leftover veg and yong tou hu... haha very NICE!

my hubby used to work in instant noodles company and he said there is no wax in the instant noodle, so i read somewhere along the thread that there is wax, nope there isnt. to be on the safe side, you can boil your noodles in water once, then pour the water away then use a fresh pot of water with the cooked noodles and add 1 egg and some light soya sauce to taste. then you get to eat instant noodles and oso minimal preservatives! :)

Pwiincess

I also ate Ramen 100 (my fav) during my 1st pregnancy.
I think you can eat maggie but of course, not too much.
It's not the best choice & not very healthy.

Ah Cheng

What to do? When hubby don't want to go outside n buy food for me, and I am too lazy to go out to eat, NO choice got to eat Maggie Mee loh.

But try not to put the powder, use your own soya sauce and add more nutrition food, like Veg loh. :001_302:

CanCanMum

i tried before leh....without the msg powder....den my DH scolded me upside DOWN worh....he said like eat noodles boiled in water....somemore he asked me did u cook maggie mee?

hearty

I ate maggie mee 1 week once during my first trimester coz really craving for hot & sour soup....my favourite is maggi mee asam laksa. I tried to change the water twice then only put the seasoning. 2nd trimester i didn't really crave for any maggi mee. Best is only eat it when you really crave for it and not because you are lazy to go out or cook.

Other food also contain MSG...those junk food or food that you eat outside. So my main concern about eating maggi mee was the wax on the noodles.

shiseru

For all who love eating Maggi mee.

'CORRECT WAY OF COOKING NOODLES'
Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it's ready to eat.

This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles.

By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structures of the MSG causing it to be toxic.

The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have taken the noodles.

CORRECT METHOD :

1. boil the noodles in a pot with water.
2. once the noodles is cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. boil another pot of water till boiling and put the noodles in and then shut the fire.
4. only at this stage when the fire is off, and while the water is very hot, put the ingredient with the powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. however, if you need dry noodles, take out the noodles and add the ingredient with the powder and toss it to get dry noodles.

Dietician's Note: If you buy plain hakka noodles which you make initially need to boil in water and discard the water. This will soften the noodles but to prevent it from sticking we need to add a tbsp of oil and also the noodles are deep fried partially to make it crunchy and
then dusted with flour to prevent it from sticking while boiling. Hence when you buy the noodles they are already made unhealthy and this is the type we use to make stir fry noodles and the regular maggi too is made the same way plus they add MSG/ ajinomoto and other chemical
preservatives.

If the frequency of consumption of maggie is more than 3 times a week, it is very hazardous.

shazcheng

i think should be no problem... cos everything just take moderately should be okie.... hehe.. Now I in first trimester... eat meggie mee also tastless wahahhaha.