Maid Agency Reviews

pipilili

PING - HELP!!!

I think I need to bring my maid to the dentist too.
Why?
Her bad breath is getting better, thru rinising her mouth with salt and drinking water. (I found out she dun drink water at all!!! Then I got to use 'force' to make her drink water. So I pour her a cup of water and ask her to take her time to drink the water while I watched her do it. 1st time, she finished the cup of water then vomitted. 2nd time, it got better and now she is drinking water. No wonder she complained she hasn't shit for 3 days to my CL.)

Today my CL told me that she saw the maid's gum bleeding. Due to hygiene reason I think I should bring the maid to dentist to check what is wrong with her mouth and ask the dentist to tell her cos sometimes when we tell her, she is abit stubbon. Maid told me she is scared to go to the dentist, I told her if you want to take care of my baby, you need to be clean and hygienic. (c'mon I AM PAYING ok!)

PING - how much did you pay for dentist visit? Did you bring her to poly clinic type or private dentist?

ping26

We went to woodlands polyclinic (pte) cos we walked wrongly into the privatised section.

The cheap/subsidised dentist (w no air-con) was on the other side but my hub went straight for air-con clinic.

We can't book an early apt with subsidised dentist. We were told we have to just walk in & queue until the dentist is free to see my maid cos she was in pain. The call operator will tell u that it's same rate for foreigners, subsidised or privatised case. So my hub who was "suffering from heatstroke" just opted for air-con & no queue. Lucky the guy was skilful & managed to extract w/o breaking the teeth.

My heart was thumping then. so relieved that the bill was only $100 per tooth which is same as dentist in private practise.
My Yishun neighbourhood dentist charged more & the clinic was so badly equipped. X-ray price was double. Strangely, there was a long queue at clinic.

BabyHelp

Hi

Just to share this info……….just personal views. There is an agency in Lucky Plaza - Universal (with another branch in Marine Parade), which tells their transfer maids that they need only to pay S$100 registration fees and the agent will get them new employers as and when they go back to them. I feel that this is in a way encouraging the maids from that agency to keep requesting for transfers as the agent guarantees to get them new employer and increment in their salary for their new job. On the other hand, the agent is collecting high agency fees from customers who are looking for transfer maids and replacement is only free for the first 3 months. And the transfer maids will work for the employer for a few months and request for transfer again since they have the agency's support to get them new employers with higher pay without having to pay any agency fees.

So, for those who are looking for transfer maids, find out more from the agencies which you contact before deciding to take their transfer maids.

Jlam

Hi there, I'm looking for a reliable maid agency. Pl can you all pm me on your recommendation? Went to Katong and almost got a fili maid from one of the bigger agency but after reading many bad reviews about this company, I'm having second thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:

CaiHong

Hi all mummies (and daddies)..

I have a lot of experiences (good, but mostly bad) while with working with maids, what kind of funny (undetected) tricks (unless you install a camera) they do behind your backs.. some things you have to close one eye but some you have to confront with them and councel them immediately, but i will share all those later.

Currently my Indonesian maid has requested a transfer. she has boldly requested that we don't send her to the same agency, and that there are procedures to send her to another agency that she seems to be very well versed in. We told her we will monitor her performance until we get a new maid and see how.

Unfortunately, she still tries to do funny tricks and always has a fast answer when confronted. My mum is staying with us to help with baby care ( I have 2 sons aged 2.5yrs & 4 mths).

I guess she has realised that she cannot try to bluff us no matter how cunning she is , (and she is really cunning). Luckily its not easy to bluff us but its not good for her so she wants to go to another family to try & 'ular' (eat snake). 2nd reason is transfer can get more $$ ..

I have been searching for a reliable maid for the past 2 weeks but have not been very successfull. If anyone has a good maid (with ref #) or needs to transfer one that you don't need anymore, maybe you can recommend to me. As for agencies, I have asked several , and given my criteria but they seem to not really give me what I requested.. :Dancing_angry:

need help... in the meantime I will still continue searching and interviewing a few here & there.. will update if I am successful..

hpc

Hi there, I'm looking for a reliable maid agency. Pl can you all pm me on your recommendation? Went to Katong and almost got a fili maid from one of the bigger agency but after reading many bad reviews about this company, I'm having second thoughts. Thanks!
Hi my maid agency is at Bedok Central,got 2 maids from them with contract finished,3rd maid finishing contract soon,maybe will renew.If interested,can call them for more information.They are husband n wife running agency,low agent fee.

Last edited:
Hi my maid agency is at Bedok Central,got 2 maids from them with contract finished,3rd maid finishing contract soon,maybe will renew.If interested,can call them for more information.They are husband n wife running agency,low agent fee.
Hello, can you give me the name of this agency? Thanks

Mummyeve

Hi.. Can pm me the details?? Tks

Emm398

Please help - I need a good Filipino transfer maid

Hi

I need a Filipino maid at the end of Nov 2011 to cook and do housework for a couple and 4 teenage children. If you know of any or have one for transferring out, I'd appreciate that you email me at youhl398@gmail.com or call / sms me at 9656 7489 / 9874 0396 to fix up details of a meeting with your good self and your maid?

I can take her immediately.

Thank you very much.
Joyce

Laynee

Pls also pm me with your agency's details, thanks.

dimplesjy

My recommendation would be an Employment Agency which self own and the owner is running the show. The service that provided by her is good and she is moltivated in providing the service to keep her customer. I had a very good experience with her since my first maid, during then I needed a maid urgently and I was having my confinement. She went extra mile by bringing the bio data that match my requirement to my house, at the same time she explained patiently and detail on the selection criteria. As that was my 1st hiring, at that time the service and information that provided was really helpful. You can reach her at 98573533 if you need more information.
Hi Could I have the name and agency? Thank you.

dimplesjy

Hi could I have the name and agency name?

yvonne_ktw

I've tried 2agency so far.
1 is Presslink Employment something something de
1 is Home Maid ( I STRONGLY will NOT reco mummy here go to them)

I would highly reco Presslink. It's her own company and she's the only one instead of those big company and those worker are there to earn your $

Her name is Titian 90068839 (If she ask can say it's reco by Yvonne)

I've tried 2agency so far.
1 is Presslink Employment something something
1 is Home Maid ( I STRONGLY will NOT reco mummy here go to them)

I would highly reco Presslink. It's her own company and she's the only one instead of those big company and those worker are there to earn your $

Her name is Titian 90068839 (If she ask can say it's reco by Yvonne)
Hi,

Where is the location of this maid agency that you highly recommend? How many maids have you taken from them? Is the agency fees low? How much is the maid salary?

Thanks

yvonne_ktw

I pick my maid at woodland her house and if i can't go collect passport she will send via reg mail to me.
So far, i've taken two from her.
Her agency fee last time is $200 but now there's an increase because of new law on salary issue but her maid salary so far i find is the lowest. $420 have liao whereby other place is $450
Most impt she is a responsible agent instead of those big company is there to earn your $

Hi,

Where is the location of this maid agency that you highly recommend? How many maids have you taken from them? Is the agency fees low? How much is the maid salary?

Thanks

AKmommy

Can u PM me the name of the agency? Are you still happy with their service?

My recommendation would be an Employment Agency which self own and the owner is running the show. The service that provided by her is good and she is moltivated in providing the service to keep her customer. I had a very good experience with her since my first maid, during then I needed a maid urgently and I was having my confinement. She went extra mile by bringing the bio data that match my requirement to my house, at the same time she explained patiently and detail on the selection criteria. As that was my 1st hiring, at that time the service and information that provided was really helpful. You can reach her at 98573533 if you need more information.

Busymummy

This agent is run by husband n wife,no advertistment fee so either low agency fee or some bios 0 agency fee.So far her maids don't give me problem ,can handle baby/kids after I train them,do house work,do cooking etc.My present maid will be finishing her contract in 5mths time,will be getting another maid from her anytime.

Hi, can share what is the agency name and contact?
Looking for Myanmar maid... Anyone try top maids or absolute before?
Pls share..

Thks