Maid Agency Reviews

cocoa powder

About 3 years ago, it was my first experience hiring a maid. Both the maid agency and maid were so bad that I was lazy to go through the process again. Lazy to make a complain to MOM or CASE. Too much work and hassle involved. Will never forget my bad experience with the agency (Swift Arrow), the agent (Candy) upped our agreed price suddenly and delivered an unethical maid (Jeslie Almachar) who tortured my toddler with piping hot food and making him run in circles and fall. She cannot wake up by 8.30am in the morning and says she cannot sleep at night. We heard her still talking on the phone at 3am!! After she left, we discovered our child's Burberry shirt went missing. Too many other incidents, but lazy to write on. Just don't recommend to use this agency, agent, nor maid.

janhui

Avoid Honesty employment service centre at Toa Payoh Hersing Centre.
The first maid I got from Honesty Maid agency is underaged and I knew the actual age from the maid later. The agency know about it actually. I got a second maid from them and I found out from the maid later because she is a transfer maid and she has to top up her loan for being transferred but they do so by increasing her salary by $55/mth (despite having only 1mth exp. only) but told me it is indonesia's minimum wage requirement. Imagine that additional $55 x 24mths cost for me, the employer! The quality of the 2 maids are sub-standard. My maid said the agent told her to push the blame to her ex employer as reason of being transferred. Initilally they told me the maid is very good in this and that and after I engaged her and realised she is far from good and feedbacked to the agent about her and that the training they provided is not up to standard, the agent said it's the maid who is not good. Aren't they contradicting? What they are practising is totally in contrary to the "Honesty" agency name. So unethical!

Last edited:

janhui

You can feedback to MOM about your maid's poor conduct at mom_wpd@mom.gov.sg so their future potential employers will be alerted. I think you can feedback about the maid agencies too at the same email address. We have to alert others of unethical money sucking agencies as well as of sub standard maids who think we are fools who can be taken for a ride and have unlimited money to pay them to do nothing good.

Eejin

Dear All,

SGTM @NUH Kent Ridge strongly NOT recommended !!!! Do not approach this new agency.
I engage this agency on Apr due it's convenience location since my grandpa hospitalised in NUH & discharge home soon.
The lady partner Gladys very approachable & friendly at first. Under her strong recommemdation, i took a transfer maid which serve 2 years contract.

Everything looks prefect except nightmare just started. Gladys partner call me 9pm on second day after maid handover that maid ex-employer call him multiple times asking to return coat.
With lots doubt i query my new maid what is happening especially maid hp keep ranging.
Agency initial act innocent that tge maid ex-employer is their friend so would like to help get the coat back and they do not mind come my house to take it. Next moment, Gladys ask me pay her staff taxi fare to collect coat. Ends up we drove all the way to west to return coat at agency. The agency staff took out a Rolex watch from coat immediately in front of me.
Now we knew the story, as newbie to hire a maid. I was shock the agent Gladys even mock this transfer maid seems not that good. Fainted, no idea who is the 'Sales person' keep promoting this maid to me at first.
In next 2 months, this maid talk back every family member when we ask for improvement in her work. Nevertheless, she play hp non stop.
Finally, we decide take turn to take care grabdpa and return this problem maid.
Again, as newbie who hire maid 1st time, i ask agency some basic questions on returning & MOM permit termination.
This SGTM agency ask me to read contract myself and if have query call MOM myself.
They still asking $50 to come bring the maid to lodging house and seek others owner for her in 1 month which i need to pay all bill. They cant even simply confirm a schedule when i can return the maid even i offer send her to agency myself.

In short, if you want agency consult you if any problem happens DO NOT EXPECT THIS SGTM.
If you have 100% luck that you get nice maid, well try your luck.
Lastly, wish me luck.

JP12

Hi
I'm thinking of hiring a helper.
Anyone heard of or used
1st Class Maids & Employment Agency at King George's Ave?
I think I recall a mummy here said it is quite a new agency? Any good/bad reviews?

I see a lot of you commented good things about Eelite Placement? Who's the agent I should contact? Someone good to recommend?

Thanks

sophie_lie

I see almost all Maid Agencies in this forum have bad reputations. Are all Maid Agencies in Singapore have a low quality these days? I myself use Swift Maids Maid Agency, never have a problem until now but I think I'll be cautious after seeing these cases. Thank you.

Anniston

Hi
Anyone heard of or used
I think I recall a mummy here said it is quite a new agency? Any good/bad reviews?

I see a lot of you commented good things about Eelite Placement? Who's the agent I should contact? Someone good to recommend?

Thanks
Hi JP12, not sure if you got hold of Eelit contact. I have been engaging Eelit placement for years. You may contact Sherly @ 82227346.

greenvege

i have very good experience with eelit placement also. even though i see many good reviews of eelit and sherly, but i think i need to still comment my personal experience with sherly as i am very grateful of her help and recommendation. i hired a myanmar maid 6 months ago from eelit. very hardworking and happy girl. whole family likes her as she has very good attitude. she even picks up basic mandarin to communicate with my mother. only thing she isn't the very smart type. instructions must be given then she will execute. But she is a fast learner so really nothing to complain about her. Unfortunately something happened to me and i need someone with nursing experience to take care of me. So i spoke to sherly about my situation and the urgency of a new maid to take care of me. she immediately spring into action and got me a suitable maid within 2 days based on my requirements. everything was quick and smooth and she even managed to transfer the myanmar maid to a new employer very quickly. Hope the new employer treats her well cos she is really very lovable. i want to thank you sherly for the very personalised service and the concern you gave me during my darkest moments in my life.

Last edited:

Zeen2233

Hi
Anyone heard of or used

Thanks
I had used the services of 1st Class Maids and very happy with their services upon recommendations from one of the mummy here.
Firstly, the boss, Ted will attend to your enquiries personally and make sure that the helper fulfill your requirements before recommending her. He also sent the helper to our house for the hand-over.
His after-sales services are also good. Whenever I have any queries, I just need to whatsapp him and he will reply quite promptly.
Their office have moved to Far East Plaza Orchard which is quite convenient for me and my helper.
They also have a very good helper replacement policy.
Highly recommended :)

Karinet

Hi there,

I think you can try to source for a maid agency on your own as well. Do expand your options to other agencies if possible! You never know which agency will suit you at the end of the day. I have been using an online maid listing portal where they have a variety of maid agencies to choose from. One of the maid agencies that I have been using is www.searchmaid.com.sg and their functions for users really surprised me. I am able to access the portal on my phone like a mobile app and also inquire about maids through an online enquiries platform in SearchMaid website. I hope this will help you guys to broaden the types of maid agencies that you can get exposed to. Do let me know about other search portals that you know of as well and recommend it to me. Thank you.

Mikasa

Hello everyone,

I am new to this Forum, just joined today.
I have been employing Indon helpers for the past 20years, this is the first time I have such a bad experience with my helper.
I am not sure if it is my luck or the agency is lousy?
Has anyone heard of Jiabao Employment Agency located in Hougang?
If yes, mind sharing your experience with me with regards to their service and all?
Thanks!

Universal.sg

Dear Mummies, do not lose hope in all Maid Agencies.

Do give us a try! Our maid agency has been around for more than 30 years since 1986. ✌

We are highly rated on Google and Facebook. And we do also have 1 of the highest retention rate which can be verified on MOM website.

Visit our website at universal.sg or simply call us at 6735 3456 and we will be more than happy to assist you in finding the right maid.

Have a nice day!

AJsento

Hi all,
I would not recommend D’helper Employment Agency located at basement of Katong Shopping Centre. My cousin has a very terrible experience hiring twice from that agency although the processing and them getting the maid in is very fast. Either it’s just her bad luck or the agency is extremely lousy. Both of the maids she get from them are so super lazy and told lies everyday and cannot be told to the point my cousin needed to do some of the works and taking care of her toddler herself while still pay maid’s full salary. Had informed the agency but the boss also cannot handle her maid. At one point i think the boss also not so honest while introducing the maid to my cousin being said maid is a good worker but after so many problems happening that nearly causing my cousin distressed about 2 months later just told my cousin the previous owner just informed her (the lady boss) that the maid was not really doing much work at their home too. Is it possible that the owner really only found out 2 months later that the maid cannot work after give the maid to my cousin while problems has been occuring and my cousin has been complaining and requesting helps few times from the owner to talk some senses into the maid? Isn’t agency supposed to find out in details reasons why maid is being returned and supposed to inform new owner prior that? My cousin is too soft hearted and always just believe what agency told her and at the end she got herself in ao much problems while need to do works and taking care of her toddler while the maid just enjoyed herself snacking and snacking all thru out the day and the agency owner cannot even control her own maids.
Also i heard when at the end the maid was being returned back the owner tried to train the maid herself prior to transfer her out again for the third time but at the end give up and ask my cousin to buy air ticket for the maid to return since the agency owner afraid that the maid will be giving problems again to the new third owner and also to think nicely informed my cousin that she no need to pay $50 transport fee to send maid to airport since the owner will help to send instead of using their regular run man to do the job. At the end the owner she just charged and still deducted $50 (which initially said supposed she is helping so no need to pay that much) the amount from overall loan amount being paid in advance for the maid before the balance is returned to my cousin. Initially my cousin was appreciate despite being given twice lousy maids she thought the owner willing to help sent the maid to airport with not much charge for transportation cost but at the end talk was just talk. My cousin was very disappointment with the service and quality from that agency that she never would want to talk about it anymore. I guess the maids they get are not so much get proper training as most other agencies since the owner trained herself and judging from this the owner fails the train properly prior to send out the maid to the new employer house.
Our family would totally NOT recommend D’helper Employment Agency. Choose the agency at your own risk!

cubbyhui

Hi, can I ride on to get some advises.
Helper is finishing her contract in Feb 2021. She has make it clear that she wants to go back home once contract is up.
She has been with us mainly just doing simple housework, assist my mum in looking after my toddler (18mths; as my mum has no much strength to chase and carry him), help to feed him when I am not around.
She has difficulties communicating and understanding. Often damage my items. We do not scold her but sometimes do speak to her regarding her poor attitudes. She often do not listen to our instructions of how we want things to be done and she prefers to do her way. We did not want to scold her because we have toddler at home.
My son is going to childcare in Sept 2020 and i really keen to send her back home.. I have some questions in mind as it is my first time to employ a helper..
1) When is a right time to tell her ? I am worried by telling her too early she make not be happy and do some bad stuff to us..
2) Not sure if there are any air tickets back to Indonesia in Sept? if there is none, what can i do?
3) Should i send her home immediately after my son goes CC or keep her for another 1 month ? but she will have nothing to do and not sure if she will be up to no good.

Thanks alot to all the experts.

Tinee

I had very bad experience with BUDGETMAID at Bukit Timah Plaza. Many of the unethical things you read about in this forum apply to them exactly. Also zero service, poor understanding of your needs, only want to make money from you, and if any dispute, NO REFUND.

MayW

Beware of Spring Helper Consultancy in the East, at Roxy Plaza. This maid agent is extremely cunning & money minded, who is only keen to transfer helpers for extra profit at the expense of the employer who had suffered so much monetary loss in engaging their poor quality of helpers. This agent failed to practise what’s stated in the employment contract, the clause where a helper needs to give 30 days’ notice in lieu of payment if she decides to terminate the contract early. As I failed to remember this clause during my negotiation with the agent, (since I signed the contract way back in April), they took advantage of my carelessness by cunningly remaining silent about it until I naively authorised the transfer of the helper to a new employer. It was only after the transfer was done, I remembered about this clause, but the agent refuses to refund me the notice sum. If this is a responsible agent, they would have notified me about this clause during our negotiation, since the agreement was drafted by the agent themselves, (for the employment contract between helper & me). By right, the agent is representing both the employer & the helper, so they must be non-bias towards any party, yet this agent is very pro helper. Because with every successful transfer, there is more profits to reap. The whole negotiation session really opens my eyes to see how this agent bend themselves backwards in giving in to the helper just for the extra profit, without considering the plight of the employer's loss of a large sum of money in hiring a helper from them who only worked 4 days with me! Avoid this scheming agent at all cost!! Just to add on, their POEA processing fee is way higher than average quoted by many other agencies. I made the mistake of not doing research for comparison before engaging this agent. So be careful there might be hidden costs in their fees schedule. On the surface, their service fee seems reasonable, but in reality, extra costs may be hidden in other charges. The painful lesson I learnt here is before transferring a helper, make sure u scrutinise every clause of the contract, else cunning agent like this one takes advantage of unsuspecting customers.

estherpang

I have a very good experience with the agency, Hello Happy Helpers. They are very new but very responsive and most importantly the fees are very affordable. I got my new myanmar helper in around $1.5k! You can check them out on their Instagram or facebook if anyone is keen to try out something new! :)

Candy777

Depends on the attitude, ability and character of the maid, only time will tell. The maid agency wont know much too.