MAIDS = Nothing But Trouble

Just to vent my frustration here a little.

I dunno if I'm "suay" or what.

1st maid I kenna work with me for 1 n a half yrs, basically she is good in everything, from housework, cooking and taking care of the kids. Haiz... den keep wanna go another country and work. In the end found out she stole from us and I had to report her to the police! NVM still, report already, after she serve her jail term, I'm the one who still have to pay for her air ticket to go back home! So unfair! I still lhave to pay for her mistake! Stupid government!

2nd maid = OMG, talk about her! Super vomit blood! Refuse to listen to instruction, tell her do A, she do B. And this lasted for half a year! Den keep mixing my light clothes with dark clothes for washing. Keep chatting on phone and with frens downstairs. In the end, I had it, told agent to send her back. Lucky agent neva ask me for air ticket if not I will scream at her, bcoz during this half yr, I stupidly waited for 2 maids that I have choose but didn't turn up and made me have to endure this 2nd maid for another 3 months!

Current maid = Beginning come, work wise still ok. Slowly suddenly have alot of family problems. Then can tell its affecting her work, bcoz she keep forgetting this, Forgettin that. Scold her for the same problem but she keep repeating her mistake. NVM still, scold her already show black face, cry. Den sometimes try to talk to her nicely, ask her whther she ok, she always say she is ok, suddenly last week tell me she need to go home for 2 weeks to settle family problem. Yesterday talk to her, ask her whther u sure 2 weeks can settle, she cannot answer me! And Damn it, she choose to go back at the time that its still during my confinement period! My EDD is on 21st may! So i tried ways to think and help her, but in the end she tell me no matter what she have to go back. I was thinking if she go back and dun come back how? Somemore, her contract now less than a year!

URGH!!! Maids, really nothing but trouble...

veronica

Just to vent my frustration here a little.

I dunno if I'm "suay" or what.

1st maid I kenna work with me for 1 n a half yrs, basically she is good in everything, from housework, cooking and taking care of the kids. Haiz... den keep wanna go another country and work. In the end found out she stole from us and I had to report her to the police! NVM still, report already, after she serve her jail term, I'm the one who still have to pay for her air ticket to go back home! So unfair! I still lhave to pay for her mistake! Stupid government!

2nd maid = OMG, talk about her! Super vomit blood! Refuse to listen to instruction, tell her do A, she do B. And this lasted for half a year! Den keep mixing my light clothes with dark clothes for washing. Keep chatting on phone and with frens downstairs. In the end, I had it, told agent to send her back. Lucky agent neva ask me for air ticket if not I will scream at her, bcoz during this half yr, I stupidly waited for 2 maids that I have choose but didn't turn up and made me have to endure this 2nd maid for another 3 months!

Current maid = Beginning come, work wise still ok. Slowly suddenly have alot of family problems. Then can tell its affecting her work, bcoz she keep forgetting this, Forgettin that. Scold her for the same problem but she keep repeating her mistake. NVM still, scold her already show black face, cry. Den sometimes try to talk to her nicely, ask her whther she ok, she always say she is ok, suddenly last week tell me she need to go home for 2 weeks to settle family problem. Yesterday talk to her, ask her whther u sure 2 weeks can settle, she cannot answer me! And Damn it, she choose to go back at the time that its still during my confinement period! My EDD is on 21st may! So i tried ways to think and help her, but in the end she tell me no matter what she have to go back. I was thinking if she go back and dun come back how? Somemore, her contract now less than a year!

URGH!!! Maids, really nothing but trouble...
All your maids are PHLs? My due is end Jul and I jsut sent away my INDO maid even though her actual contract expires June this year. She didnt want to renew so I thought I have to get a new one way in advance incase the new one cannot make it.

This one I got a PHL and she just started. No major comments for the time being just that worried she may be homesick. So now have to monitor.

I also worry something may happen nearer to my EDD...

sigh...just have to pray everything goes smoothly...

All your maids are PHLs? My due is end Jul and I jsut sent away my INDO maid even though her actual contract expires June this year. She didnt want to renew so I thought I have to get a new one way in advance incase the new one cannot make it.

This one I got a PHL and she just started. No major comments for the time being just that worried she may be homesick. So now have to monitor.

I also worry something may happen nearer to my EDD...

sigh...just have to pray everything goes smoothly...
Yup, all my maids are Filipinos... What you do is right, urs EDD in July still not so bad. Mine next mth :(

Haiz, now I awaiting to see what my agent can help on this Monday...

Anyone faces such issue or similar cases too?

elmo493

My former maid agent told me by hiring a maid is like placing a time bomb in your house. Do we have a choice. Are your working mum?

elmo493

It depend, my MIL also create a lot of problem for me during my maternity period. I just start work and she told me she cannot take care baby because SIL is sick and has to take care of her and the younger son daughter (5yrs old). I am stuck during that time and very frustrated. What I can't foget is that she actually throw a temper at my husband and asked him to bring my son and maid home,she don't want to see the ind maid but on the other hand, her hand is full, there is no way she can handle baby, toddler and adult. I bring my ind maid home and beg my mum to come and stay in my place temp until my MIL settle her things in the sense that the SIL condition improve. Nobody know when will it be. Eventually, my sister transfer her phil maid to me who is experience in taking care baby. So my case is, my maid is my saviour in this case.

Actually my mum wants to take are my baby. She agree to stay at our place during weekday and go back to my brother house during weekend but my grandmum told her we should return the responsibility to MIL if condiiton allow. After my mum take care for a day, My MIL then called to tell my my FIL willing to help her so we can bring baby back again. I told her I will consider. I think I made a right choice to reject because now when they saw my baby, all of them agreed that my phil maid have done an extremely great job by making my baby a happy and courtesy boy

Last edited:
It depend, my MIL also create a lot of problem for me during my maternity period. I just start work and she told me she cannot take care baby because SIL is sick and has to take care of her and the younger son daughter (5yrs old). I am stuck during that time and very frustrated. What I can't foget is that she actually throw a temper at my husband and asked him to bring my son and maid home,she don't want to see the ind maid but on the other hand, her hand is full, there is no way she can handle baby, toddler and adult. I bring my ind maid home and beg my mum to come and stay in my place temp until my MIL settle her things in the sense that the SIL condition improve. Nobody know when will it be. Eventually, my sister transfer her phil maid to me who is experience in taking care baby. So my case is, my maid is my saviour in this case.

Actually my mum wants to take are my baby. She agree to stay at our place during weekday and go back to my brother house during weekend but my grandmum told her we should return the responsibility to MIL if condiiton allow. After my mum take care for a day, My MIL then called to tell my my FIL willing to help her so we can bring baby back again. I told her I will consider. I think I made a right choice to reject because now when they saw my baby, all of them agreed that my phil maid have done an extremely great job by making my baby a happy and courtesy boy
Yup, I a working mum. Perhaps you are lucky then... I dunno...
Perhaps I'm just the "suay" one... :d

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Just curious.... never had a maid myself.... hope I dun ever need 1 in future.

1. Are the maids from those better known agencies better? Like the one endorsed by TCS, Xiang Yun.
2. More expensive? Shld not be bah... since also same labour.
3. Can insist on probation period b4 sign 1 yr contract? With paid job in SG dun have probation?
4. Got show CV a not? With so many REJECT maids in the market, how to know who's the bad apple?

mummymirda

yup... MAIDs=trouble.. I've had phobia hiring maid.. sigh.. no choice gotta be a SAHM for now.. (& forever maybe?) :shyxxx:

Just curious.... never had a maid myself.... hope I dun ever need 1 in future.

1. Are the maids from those better known agencies better? Like the one endorsed by TCS, Xiang Yun.
2. More expensive? Shld not be bah... since also same labour.
3. Can insist on probation period b4 sign 1 yr contract? With paid job in SG dun have probation?
4. Got show CV a not? With so many REJECT maids in the market, how to know who's the bad apple?
Answers
1. No, they are definitely not. Those celebrities endorse bcoz they get paid got get freebies from them. Go check out other forums about Nation. Horrible service. and agent fee $500 summore!

2. I think agents recommended by relatives or friends are better.

3. Probation? Agents dun provide probation bcoz once u choose the maid, have to apply work permit oreadi. But some agent provide free change of maid during 1 yr. That means u dun have to pay agent fee again. But do take note hor, everytime change a maid, now need to pay for their insurance for every maid. And everytime its almost $200 :(

4. CV? Yes, they do show. But u noe some agents. They even teach the maids how to lie even when u interview them up front! CV's can be fake, u noe wat i mean?

So best is get a agent who is recommended by friends, like my agent. Lucky is my mother's friend. So at least she is more helpful and accomodating towards me.

yup... MAIDs=trouble.. I've had phobia hiring maid.. sigh.. no choice gotta be a SAHM for now.. (& forever maybe?) :shyxxx:
I no choice wor~ hubby's pay not enough to pay for everything. So gotta work lor... So sian man... If not I dun mind to be a SAHM, have time for my kids...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Answers
1. No, they are definitely not. Those celebrities endorse bcoz they get paid got get freebies from them. Go check out other forums about Nation. Horrible service. and agent fee $500 summore!

2. I think agents recommended by relatives or friends are better.

3. Probation? Agents dun provide probation bcoz once u choose the maid, have to apply work permit oreadi. But some agent provide free change of maid during 1 yr. That means u dun have to pay agent fee again. But do take note hor, everytime change a maid, now need to pay for their insurance for every maid. And everytime its almost $200 :(

4. CV? Yes, they do show. But u noe some agents. They even teach the maids how to lie even when u interview them up front! CV's can be fake, u noe wat i mean?

So best is get a agent who is recommended by friends, like my agent. Lucky is my mother's friend. So at least she is more helpful and accomodating towards me.
OIC.... not good leh... buy things also need to try 1st mah... moreover living with the maid for 1 yr contract.
Have to wait till MP kena screwed by his/her maid... then PAP will enforce some proper legislation.

veronica

Mich,

I think you need to act fast since you are giving birth soon. If you take transfer maid, I heard documentation will take more than 1 week. Fresh ones longer.

Will you hire CL? If not, dun wait liao...

joeichen

I tink u cant take a transfer maid unless u cancel the maid work permit and take the transfer maid and the old 1 u have 2 pay for her ticket back.
Tis was wat happen 2 me.
nw is wif my 4th maid (within 1 year), she is my 1st fil maid but dun seem to worth the salary...
Her english is worst than my last indo maid.
She walk like when we do window shopping. Sloowwwllyy.......
She do house work like scare the furniture, plates or things pain. Gently.....
She cant handle my boy, even simple things like takin bath....
Give instruction, ask if she understd she say yes but end u do wrong things, when ask her y she dun understd she dun ask she say she shy!!! wat the hell!!! shy wat!!!!

joeichen

I oso very scare nw coz my EDD is in jun so if she cant make it then not sure if can replace her in time or not..... Haiz....... trouble!!!!

OIC.... not good leh... buy things also need to try 1st mah... moreover living with the maid for 1 yr contract.
Have to wait till MP kena screwed by his/her maid... then PAP will enforce some proper legislation.
Its like that one lor. Stupid government! Ya man, i hope got MP kenna den rule will change... :tlaugh:

joeichen

they protect the FDW alot so very hard to change.
Everytime change maid muz pay for not only the ins but oso a run away bond and all tis r not transferable so if every 2-3 mths we change maid we pay extra...

Mich,

I think you need to act fast since you are giving birth soon. If you take transfer maid, I heard documentation will take more than 1 week. Fresh ones longer.

Will you hire CL? If not, dun wait liao...
No lah, since my maid say she wanna go back during mid of June, den I let her go in June. Bcoz now if i get a new 1 den i gotta train the new 1 all over regarding housework which i dun have the strength to do so now. Then when during June, I should have recovered already and will have more strength to train the new 1...
Nope, not hiring a CL.

they protect the FDW alot so very hard to change.
Everytime change maid muz pay for not only the ins but oso a run away bond and all tis r not transferable so if every 2-3 mths we change maid we pay extra...
Basically the government dunno why protect them more then us. I mean true for their safety reasons. But i think its only fair they pay for their own air ticket if they wanna go back on accord or if they break the law.

Wah lau, if not everytime we gotta for their nonsense, their responsibilities, their inconsideration, basically we like "collect shit" lor... :Dancing_furious:

I oso very scare nw coz my EDD is in jun so if she cant make it then not sure if can replace her in time or not..... Haiz....... trouble!!!!
Ur EDD when? I think since u say ur maid is like that hor. I really suggest you change now... U have about 2 mths. She sound like very jialat...

Daddy D

Alpha Male
I tink u cant take a transfer maid unless u cancel the maid work permit and take the transfer maid and the old 1 u have 2 pay for her ticket back.
Tis was wat happen 2 me.
nw is wif my 4th maid (within 1 year), she is my 1st fil maid but dun seem to worth the salary...
Her english is worst than my last indo maid.
She walk like when we do window shopping. Sloowwwllyy.......
She do house work like scare the furniture, plates or things pain. Gently.....
She cant handle my boy, even simple things like takin bath....
Give instruction, ask if she understd she say yes but end u do wrong things, when ask her y she dun understd she dun ask she say she shy!!! wat the hell!!! shy wat!!!!
U won't get blacklisted meh? 4 maids in a yr? Got limit right? Heard employer must go for training or something then...
Think I'll vomit blood 1st on the mis-communication... waste time... waste $$...
Dun anyhow scold leh... later your maid KI SIAO! :p