Man with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and young daughter seeks donations

November 2021. I thought long and hard before writing this post.

It's been 1 year since my terminal diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

It was deemed terminal as the cancer had metastasized to several places such as my peritoneal lymph nodes, liver, lungs, spine, bones and other lymph nodes. I was even told that I could not carry my daughter or risk having fractures.

This is also about the same time back in 2020 when my daughter nearly died from her drug allergy while attempting to treat her condition and I was also in the midst of a messy divorce.

I went about daily with the constant pain which nearly sent me back to the hospital but I could not get myself warded with the ongoing situation and was left alone to fend for myself.

All these things happened against the backdrop of the other events in 2020 that included my near death episode of pancreatitis just before everything and Covid-19 with all the different measures, all these leading up to my diagnosis. It was an extremely intense period of time.

There was also the business and financial woes due to the Covid situation which many of us had to deal with and it made it even harder when I had no insurance (I cannot be insured) nor good financial reserves. (You can read some of the things I had to deal with non-stop since 2013 here and right now it is essentially a continuation from here: https://www.ricemedia.co/culture-people-psp-anthony-lee/).

What has happened since my diagnosis?

The good news is that my daughter is as stable as she can be but something might be brewing as I try to get her hospital appointment. I can only pray that it is nothing major.

Although my cancer has likely spread a little more in my lungs, my cancer marker is down & I have lived thus far into the 1 year mark, beating the 6 months mark and some other expectations. Woo hoo!

I am technically homeless as I moved out since last year from my home (although I am still paying for it along with almost all the other bills) due to circumstances and giving it up for the sake of my daughter, moving in with my vegetative Dad and aging Mom with her own health challenges. I have since had to move again due to the environment.

This requires me to take care of myself while bearing the financial burdens of a working adult, parent & son, except I am also a cancer patient faced with a battle in survival which requires substantial funds and also facing other costs as it is almost 5 figures monthly now.

I have gone through painful treatments and suffered at the hands of chemotherapy. I am doing my 3rd type of chemotherapy now. Most of the side effects were terrible as my gums swelled up and I was covered in rashes while dealing with other common side effects on top of dealing with my hypertension and diabetes as well. I can see why people give up chemotherapy as the quality of life can be bad.

It has taken a huge toll on me physically, mentally, emotionally and financially. Although I might be terminal and had to close my businesses as work is almost impossible, I still tried to do a joint venture recently to make a living, but it unfortunately did not work out.
I will not give up and will still try to work soon.

Essentially my journey has been an endless rollercoaster ride. For many parts of this cancer journey I am grateful to have a few amazing friends help me and for most of the other parts it was unfortunately a lonely ride.

Cancer can be a very lonely journey as everyone has their commitments to attend to and cannot keep you company. I see my little one only once a week and there are times I just cannot keep up because of fatigue.

I have spent many a days alone at home for the fear of Covid infection as it would be even more devastating if I was infected. It almost felt like I was waiting for death to come. Socially there are also measures which limit things even further.

My purpose of writing today is essentially to start this semi private fundraiser here amongst friends to help me continue my journey. I have been using whatever funds I have over the year. There was a small donation round amongst a small circle of friends which I am extremely thankful for but the amount was limited.

A crazy time is an understatement as I continue to bear the financial responsibilities while adding on more with my cancer but yet having limited income as I am quite unable to work.

Essentially I am quite exhausted and I do not know how long my journey will be but I must still continue my treatment and find a way to live as long as I can in accordance to God's plan for me.

Therefore I humbly come before you today to seek your help in donations to cope with my unknown journey ahead.

Please kindly send any donations to UOB 450 343 151 8 or PayNow me if you already have my contact number.

If you feel you wish to help further, please do kindly share my appeal message with your friends.

If you are overseas and wish to help, I will send my banking information via PM.

For friends who have products that cure or fight cancer, I must apologise in advance that I cannot take any more new nor afford any more products. I seek your kind understanding in this matter.

That's all for now, I will continue to fight and live on for myself & my loved ones especially with your support. There's much I still wish to do and to do before in case things turn for the worse.

Thank you all so much in advance for reading and for any help given.

Living through the process of dying.
Love,
Anthony
*Repeat: Please kindly send any donations to UOB 450 343 151 8 or PayNow me if you already have my contact number. Thank you.