Manuka Honey

SunShine07

Hi Mummies,

Do you give your child manuka honey when the child is not feeling well? When then we can start giving?

Funz

Honey is not recommended for children under the age of 1.

If you have not given honey to your kid b4, start by giving only a little to make sure that there is no allergy.

I give Manuka honey to my 2 kids since they were 2 yrs old. But for kids, dun give anything above UMF 10

SunShine07

If you have not given honey to your kid b4, start by giving only a little to make sure that there is no allergy.

I give Manuka honey to my 2 kids since they were 2 yrs old. But for kids, dun give anything above UMF 10
my son is already 17mth old, so i know he can take. But you give them everyday?

i tot it is only given when necessary, like when they start to feel unwell???

Funz

almost daily as a drink with their dinner.

But if they complain of sore throat, etc, then I will give them 1 teaspoon undiluted morning and nite.

peanuts

almost daily as a drink with their dinner.

But if they complain of sore throat, etc, then I will give them 1 teaspoon undiluted morning and nite.
Hi Funz,

I also started giving UMF10+ daily since Feb.I find it quite good.At least they dun get sore throat so easily.Do keep me update for any good brands..cheers

meds

I've been giving my son who just turned two last dec manuka honey that is 20+ umf, from dec till now. So far he seems ok on it, no adverse side effects (he takes about one table spoon to 1 1/2 a day or every 2 days). Previously hubby and I were just taking the honey. Now it's the 3 of us. Our son has constipation problem, so I give him this for his fluid intake and since they say it can help internally so no harm trying. I have recently purchased in bulk for the north island brand for manuka honey in active 24+. Yet to try it, will use it once the last bottle of my 20+ umf is finished. If any of you are interested, I am letting go the extra bottles of honey via supplier's discount price of $77.22. Retailing at N.Farm at $118.80. You can go check out the honey at N.Farm. It's called North Island Manuka Honey Active 24+.

Here is more info on the benefits of manuka honey: Information on Manuka Honey and Active Manuka Honey for you.

meds

best to give on a daily basis before the problem arises.

You can give it on a lower dosage if you like as a daily fluid intake. Say around one teaspoon per 4 oz of water. I give my son about1 tbsp per 4oz. Sometimes 1 1/2 tbsp.

Lostkitty

Hi, recently I just purchase manuka honey umf 5+ for my girl and tried giving her honey with water. She refused to drink as the colour is different from plain water. She did drink it but rejected immediately. Also tried feeding her the neat honey and she did eat it but give a "YAK" look. Afterwhich, rejected again. I also tried asking her to dip the biscuit to the honey and eat, again, rejected it after that. Is there any other way that I can get her to drink/eat/etc?

Hi Mummies,

Do you give your child manuka honey when the child is not feeling well? When then we can start giving?
Yes, the medicinal honey like Manuka honey has been approved for use by babies and can be given to them as a natural antibiotic. Manuka honeys have been considered as "liquids gold" and can be even more effective than commercial antibiotics. The secret lies in the uniqueness of the Manuka honey and its UMF. The UMF is a special label of the Manuka honey and serves as a seal of authenticity and purity. Check the label and ensure the UMF label before you buy Manuka honey for use by your baby.

You can search online about Guide to Buying Manuka Honey in Singapore.

Thanks.