March 2007 Mummies & Daddies

Junior

same as aj i feed nikki one cereal feed a day usually 2nd or 3rd feed. she sleep through the night though unless she wakes up late for her 1st feed in this case will miss one feed that day & she will wake up around 4 or 5am to drink milk. i gave her 6.5 scope of milk powder but for cereal feeding i will mix cereal 5 scope with milk powder 3 scope. still the same every 4hr one feed except for nite time she sleep thoughout. i still very hesitate to give her 2 cereal feed a day. moreover juz these few days she seems to lost interest in her cereal. was wondering what cereal r mummies here using? im giving nikki heinz first cereal was thinking to change after finishing this pack. any comments on nestle gold cereal? :)
We dont have nestle gold cereal here. We bought the normal 6mths onwards cereal (White rice/brown rice with milk) for him. but once it's finish, we'll be changing it to weetabix. Apparently, nestle cereal is heaty because it's roasted. We usually serve 3 tablespoon cereal with some fruits i.e. Bananas or papayas for breakfast.

Agnes Josephine

We dont have nestle gold cereal here. We bought the normal 6mths onwards cereal (White rice/brown rice with milk) for him. but once it's finish, we'll be changing it to weetabix. Apparently, nestle cereal is heaty because it's roasted. We usually serve 3 tablespoon cereal with some fruits i.e. Bananas or papayas for breakfast.
I giving my ds Healthytimes Organic Brown rice cereal & Nestle White rice cereal w/o milk... I have yet add bananas or avacado into his cereal... Will do it late this week...

lisa_ng

i mixed a little nestle gold cereal with heinz first cereal to give nikki today. she seems to like it. :) but will still put on trial first. worried if it's sweet.

JenLee98

hi jenlee98, my girl also 3 march and also 2 weeks earlier... my parents say that she want to come out faster to catch up with the last day of CNY... coz 3 march is also the 14th of lunar cal...
Hi Chrissy, nice to know you ! My bb's weight is 6.8kg at 25th percentile during last week's check....... she is now enjoying her semi solids feeds (6-7 teaspoons) , eating very fast and demanded for more after finishing, rather than milk...... reluctantly to drink :nah:

Junior

Junior started teething just passed 6 months mark for about 2 weeks with 2 lower incisors. No fever but terrible teething rash. Now, he's handsome again! *phew*

He also started his turtle crawling now 3 days ago. But still cant change his tummy position to sitting. Would like to train him to walk soonest.. Any ideas of how to train baby to walk faster? My back is aching from picking him up! sobsob

lisa_ng

Junior started teething just passed 6 months mark for about 2 weeks with 2 lower incisors. No fever but terrible teething rash. Now, he's handsome again! *phew*

He also started his turtle crawling now 3 days ago. But still cant change his tummy position to sitting. Would like to train him to walk soonest.. Any ideas of how to train baby to walk faster? My back is aching from picking him up! sobsob
ur ds very fast le. nikki was crawling backwards. oni these few days she took a few crawls forward. :)

Agnes Josephine

ur ds very fast le. nikki was crawling backwards. oni these few days she took a few crawls forward. :)

ehh... my ds now can hold on to something to make himself stand up for a while... when he's 4+ 5+ months, he can glide forward & backwards & convert himself from on tummy position to sitting position... Think all babies progress differently ba... I find that my ds progress too fast... cuz normally boys will progress slower...

just something to share...:shyxxx::shyxxx:

Last edited:

Agnes Josephine

actually why you want him to learn walking so early? cuz what I heard from old people that if they started walking before 1 year old, will be pai mia... that's what I heard... so it's best to let your ds learn @ his own pace... JMHO :)

Junior

actually why you want him to learn walking so early? cuz what I heard from old people that if they started walking before 1 year old, will be pai mia... that's what I heard... so it's best to let your ds learn @ his own pace... JMHO :)
WHat is 'pai mia'? We want him to walk faster so that we dont have to carry him.. He getting heavier and my back is really aching. And if he can walk liao means he can move about in the playpen freely. Now, he cant change positions and feels frustrated and we have to change his view for him. Abit of a lazy mama here.. :elvis:

Junior

Do you know how we can expedite the learning process? Anything we can do to provide more opporttunity to learn?

Agnes Josephine

WHat is 'pai mia'? We want him to walk faster so that we dont have to carry him.. He getting heavier and my back is really aching. And if he can walk liao means he can move about in the playpen freely. Now, he cant change positions and feels frustrated and we have to change his view for him. Abit of a lazy mama here.. :elvis:

ehh... 'pai mia' is like the life will be a bit hard for the person.. that's what I heard from the older generation one... But sometimes it's best to let your son to progress @ his own pace... :)

lisa_ng

ehh... sorry, I does not know how to expedite the learning progress... Cuz for me, I rather he progress @ his own pace... :)
me too :)
i like the nature to take it's own course as i do understand some babies pick up skills faster & some are slower.
in fact i've ask doctor he say nikki will be slower coz of her size & weight.
so har i not too worried at the moment. :)
i also got too tired of carrying her with or without a carrier.
so har i use stroller. if places i can't use stroller i rather not go out unless my hb around then can have the comfort of the car.

CynCyn

You reap what you sow . Being a mum u've gotta be hardworking .

I don't think there's any way to expedite a child's progress . They take their pace of time to learn .

My DS only when 7mth plus learn how to fully flip while others few months can fully flip . I don't rush this kinda thing .

Agnes Josephine

Do you know how we can expedite the learning process? Anything we can do to provide more opporttunity to learn?

but when your ds starts to walk, then it will be more headache for you cuz you'll be chasing him around the house... so this will be more hectic (although can lose a bit of weight due to the chasing la) .. :shyxxx::shyxxx:

Junior

ok.. i guess i better enjoy his crawling now before he starts running around.. I already bought the safety gate for his room! hehe..

Agnes Josephine

ok.. i guess i better enjoy his crawling now before he starts running around.. I already bought the safety gate for his room! hehe..

ya... enjoy what's he's doing now... cuz once he started walking & run around, you will be even tired than you are now lor... :)

Junior

Any updates or things to share for March'07 babies?

For me, i tried flash card with my boi. Know it's a bit early but just for fun and pass time and guess what? He smile and wanting to grab it from my hand and put it in his mouth!!! *faint*

Also, i'm also trying to potty train him now. Managed to get him pooh in the potty in the morning only. Not so much lucky for the rest of the day tho. By the way, any idea if independent potty is better or should we stick to the normal toilet with the supporting seat?

Joylucas

HiHi!

I am newbie in this forum.

My boy born on 9 Mar 2007.

He can only flip on both sides but hasn't learn to crawl yet.

Can oni say "bah" and "mah"...

cheers