Massage During 1st Trimester

adelynn

Hi

Does any of the mummies-to-be still goes for her massage or go for pre-natal massage during the first trimester?

I am someone who is very used to massages and go for it regularly (like twice a month at least) before i was pregnant. and now, my whole body's aching and im dying for one.

But most pre-natal massages recommend for it to be done only after the 1st trimester :(

yellowpudding

I have my pre-natal massage done during my 2nd trimester and after the go-ahead given by my gynae. Reckon it's best to check with your gynae and see what he/she says. :)

LoVeS

it is advisable to go for massage only after 1st trimester as during the 1st trimester the bb is nt stable yet so dun take any risk ~

Hi

Does any of the mummies-to-be still goes for her massage or go for pre-natal massage during the first trimester?

I am someone who is very used to massages and go for it regularly (like twice a month at least) before i was pregnant. and now, my whole body's aching and im dying for one.

But most pre-natal massages recommend for it to be done only after the 1st trimester :(
To go for massage during the 1st trimester is definitely a NO-NO!

The safest time is to do at when you are at least 5 months pregnant. This is the advise I get from my masseuse.

izanyzam

A midwife told me that it is unsafe to massage during the first trimester as the baby is sooooo tiny and any form of pressure might cause the baby to "detach" from the uterus..

So i think you should consult your gynae or wait till at least the end of your second trimester.