Maternity package @ RAFFLES MEDICAL

hanaficionado

Hi thr!

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and we have yet to decide on our gynae and place of delivery.

Last week, we had an appointment with Dr Sharmini Nair from Raffles Medical @ Compass Point, as we are staying at Anchorvale Drive and thought it will be convenient since we can just walk over for appointments and such. However, after researching, seems like the maternity package at Raffles can cost a bomb! Anyone can advice? Their website does not give a comprehensive package fees like Mt A and Thomson websites do.

My second and probable option is Mt A, so if anyone here is gonna say Raffles can really burn a hole in my pocket then I'm going to cancel my 2nd appointment with them and straight away arrange with Mt A. Good to know my gynae in the early stages right right right???

Eager to hear from you guys soon! Thanks!!!

Last edited:

hueychye79

Hi thr!

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and we have yet to decide on our gynae and place of delivery.

Last week, we had an appointment with Dr Sharmini Nair from Raffles Medical @ Compass Point, as we are staying at Anchorvale Drive and thought it will be convenient since we can just walk over for appointments and such. However, after researching, seems like the maternity package at Raffles can cost a bomb! Anyone can advice? Their website does not give a comprehensive package fees like Mt A and Thomson websites do.

My second and probable option is Mt A, so if anyone here is gonna say Raffles can really burn a hole in my pocket then I'm going to cancel my 2nd appointment with them and straight away arrange with Mt A. Good to know my gynae in the early stages right right right???

Eager to hear from you guys soon! Thanks!!!

My gynae is at Thomson Medical Centre, each visit cost me about $150.00 which include ultrasound, consultancy test, urine test & multivitamin.

How much you paid for the first visit?

Actually I seldom heard the mummies here choose Raffles Medical Centre, either KK, Thomson Medical Centre or Mount A.

hanaficionado

Hi

We had our 2nd appt last night and it cost us $220 (consultation + ultrasound + some medication). Pricey!!!
The receptionists were honest with us saying that the packages at RH is very expensive.
A friend who just gave birth a month ago went to MEH and said that she paid in total less that 5K for her hospital bill and each consultation fee is $60 only. Very surprising that MEH is that affordable.

Still contemplating now which hospital to go. Any more advices??? RH is definitely out for us, as of last night ;p

angeline89

hi hanaficionado ,
there is a women clinic under dr.adrian woodworth near sengkang mrt station.
maybe you can go and have a look?
this doctor work at thomson medical and mt.A so you can choose to deliver at this two hospital.

chaochunlin

It depends on your gynae. My friend's gynae is from mount e also but she paid minimum $150 plus per visit 3 years ago. my gynae is at Gleneagles, she remains same consultation fee @ $50 for me since nine years ago for my first child till now. I'm visiting her for my third one and she gives 10% off for delivery charge. I guess the consultation fee might be increased for new patient. But I think her charge is very affordable since her clinic is always full. Her clinic is at 08-09, Gleneagles medical center. Tel: 64763336

tealeaf

it really depends on the gynae. My friend is with Mt E and she pays $150 for consultation and simple scan. I am with NUH and because I choose private (i.e. can choose the gynae) every visit costs me $200 for consultation and simple scan. Another friend goes to clinic (her gynae affiliated with mt A and TMC) and everytime she pays $100 for consultation and simple scan.

Nana2306

hi~ my gynae was dr. watt from Raffles @ Compasspoint. The pre-natal pkg was abt 1600$ (exclusive of the detailed scan at 3 or 5 mths-which is optional). gotta dig out all the receipts if u keen to know more. but i tink every gynae will have different package price. Once u sign up the pre-natal package, it should lighten ur financial mind a bit till the delivery day come nearer.

droplets

hi~ my gynae was dr. watt from Raffles @ Compasspoint. The pre-natal pkg was about 1600$ (exclusive of the detailed scan at 3 or 5 mths-which is optional). gotta dig out all the receipts if you keen to know more. but i tink every gynae will have different package price. Once you sign up the pre-natal package, it should lighten your financial mind a bit till the delivery day come nearer.
hi Nana, do u mind to share yr pkg? my email is lindtml@hotmail.com

Lady Kin

hi~ my gynae was dr. watt from Raffles @ Compasspoint. The pre-natal pkg was abt 1600$ (exclusive of the detailed scan at 3 or 5 mths-which is optional). gotta dig out all the receipts if u keen to know more. but i tink every gynae will have different package price. Once u sign up the pre-natal package, it should lighten ur financial mind a bit till the delivery day come nearer.
Hi, can email me ur package? ekinaiman@yahoo.com.sg