maternity pads

mrsmorgan

planning to get those adhesive ones as i understand that hospitals usually provide those string type.. anyone used mothercare pads before? or any other brands to recommend which is gentle on e wound? i actually bought e normal whisper overnight one but worried that it might not be gentle.. TIA!

shirasefira

planning to get those adhesive ones as i understand that hospitals usually provide those string type.. anyone used mothercare pads before? or any other brands to recommend which is gentle on e wound? i actually bought e normal whisper overnight one but worried that it might not be gentle.. TIA!
i gave birth 3mths ago at Kandang Kerbau Hospital and they gave Kotex Adhesive maternity pads.. now no more string pads unlike 2yrs ago wen i gave birth to my first gerl.. not sure about other hospital if they still using string pads?? after that i bought Whisper overnight pad.. as i have a lot of stiches, i feel that Whisper is way more gentle than e pads hospital gave..

ohstrawberry

Recently delivered in Eastshore, they used Kotex string type for the 1st day. After finish that packet, i used the one i brought - Pureen adhesive type, long and soft which is good for me cause i had a episiotomy.

shiyi

only used the kotex maternity pads hosp provided for 2days and use normal nite sanitary pads..
find maternity pads a hassle cos no wings

diymummy

I used my normal overnight pads as maternity pads. Normal pads are cheaper and more easily available so I can just get the hubs to grab it from anywhere when I run out of it. If I bought too much of it, I can still use it when my period returns so there's minimal wastage.

camom

I used normal heavy flow overnight adhesive-backed pads. But as a precaution, I laid blue plastic sheets (like what they use in hospital) on my bed. Can get from Guardian pharmacy.

I used normal heavy flow overnight adhesive-backed pads. But as a precaution, I laid blue plastic sheets (like what they use in hospital) on my bed. Can get from Guardian pharmacy.
Hw much does the blue plastic sheets sell in pharmacy? I intend to buy some

Ivy Miao

im using poise heavy flow. the one hospital gave with string, kotex, its too thick. Makes me feel really uncomfortable..

WinnieL

I just delivered beginning of Feb at KK. They provide Kotex maternity pads. I also bought a big pack of pads from mothercare. Both are quite thick, but I didn't mind, cos they act as 'cushions' when I sit down so the perineal stitches don't hurt.

iwan2noe

hi mrsmorgan,

in my personal feel, the pureen brand, Madame maternity pad is v thick n not gentle on the wound.. For mummies gg for natural delivery pls avoid getting it as it's v thick n I hurt when I used it that time after I gave birth..

mrsmorgan

hi mrsmorgan,

in my personal feel, the pureen brand, Madame maternity pad is very thick n not gentle on the wound.. For mummies gg for natural delivery pls avoid getting it as it's very thick n I hurt when I used it that time after I gave birth..
thks iwan2noe mummy.. lucky i dint buy e pureen ones.. i'll be getting mothercare ones.. =)

temari

althought the hospital letter said no need to bring pad but i still pack one big pack. cos i see hospital gg to give kotex maternity pad. no wings one. sure will leak out esp i always have heavy menses one.

Mummy to Baby V

I delivered in KL and for the first few days, my obgyn recommended me this amazing pad:

- it has a tubing inside, fold a new pad into 2 to break the tubing, shake the pad
The compound in the pad produces an icy-cold effect, luxurious on my stitches!!!

I think these pads are available in Gleneagles. Not sure if other hospitals stock them.

After the pads were finished :( and my wounds were fine :), I used ultra-thin Whisper pads with wings, my regular pads.

For my next baby, I am going to try cloth pads. Lunapads Pantiliners |