Maternity towels after birth

jasobias

Where to get the string type towels? Anyone to advise?
i have seen some in NTUC.Those maternity loop ones.I recently bot some pureen ones fr the motherhood fair.I was told they r cotton based n better than those loop ones as they have adhesive backings like any normal pads.Maternity pads r sure huge.The pack is huge but there r only 20 in them.I was told u cld get them at kiddy palace too.

Stan

i have seen some in NTUC.Those maternity loop ones.I recently bot some pureen ones fr the motherhood fair.I was told they are cotton based and better than those loop ones as they have adhesive backings like any normal pads.Maternity pads are sure huge.The pack is huge but there are only 20 in them.I was told you cld get them at kiddy palace too.
if one pack has 20, how many packs do we need to get? when can we start using normal pads? Thanks

stonston

i hated the maternity pad. feels like putting a large thick pc of bread btw ur legs. argh!
i switched to my usual pads once i reached home. less leaking probs also. i bought those super absorbent for heavy flow and extra long with wings.

sugarcookie

Actually, you don't need maternity pads. You can just use regular pads (maxi). Not a problem. You just need to change more often.

Stan

i hated the maternity pad. feels like putting a large thick pc of bread btw your legs. argh!
i switched to my usual pads once i reached home. less leaking probs also. i bought those super absorbent for heavy flow and extra long with wings.
a large piece of bread??! sounds like it will be hot there!!! :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

Where to get the string type towels? Anyone to advise?
hi preggie188, my opinion is that it is actually not very comfy to wear those string type ones....

i wore disposable panties with stick on maternity pads during confinement....just throw both if stained. Easier and hassle free. About every 2-3 hours need to change. When sleeping will combine 2 pads so that it is longer, to prevent leakage from the back.

maternity pads are preferred over normal pads coz its soft and abrasion free coz normal pads have that net thing (like whisper ultra thin) . But bad point is that it is very thick. But the thickness oso acts as a "cushion" for your stitches...

perrier

yap! agreed with cancanmum that maternity pads are more comfortable. I use Pureen adhesive ones. Though they thick but the cotton is really helpful in acting as a cushion for the stitches.

I use the maternity pads for the first 2 weeks and switch to normal pads after that.

i got mine from the pharmacy in TMC.

Maternity Pads or heavy flow pads?

Help ladies/mothers,
I am trying to pack for the big day...
Wondering if it is necessary to buy maternity pads or if it is ok to just use pads for heavy flow with long wings-say 35cm? How many pads did you use a day?
Thanks thanks!:001_302:

perrier

Re: Maternity Pads or heavy flow pads?

better to use maternity pads for the first 2 weeks. cos' flow was quite heavy for me.. i feel it absorbs better and more comfortable. :)
from the 3rd week, i use sofy 40cm ones.. :)

austrina

Help ladies/mothers,
I am trying to pack for the big day...
Wondering if it is necessary to buy maternity pads or if it is ok to just use pads for heavy flow with long wings-say 35cm? How many pads did you use a day?
Thanks thanks!:001_302:
itz beta 2 use maternity pads 4 e 1st 1-2 wks s e flow mayb v heavy... imagine 9 mths period free... after u gv birt sure bleed like nobody business like dat... bt dun buy 2 many though... buy s u use... mayb 5 pkts of 10 pcs den slowly buy 1 by 1 & by e time e flow is nt so heavy den change it 2 ur fav pad...

if u gt stiches in ur pte area itz best 2 change it every 4 hrs 2 keep it fr gttin infected... & wash e area w dettol & warm water everytime u change & after visitin e toilet... if nt 6 hrly or when e pad is like over soak den change...

snowbear

I think i used up 2-3 packs of the maternity pads then i switched to whisper heavy flow...

I can't rem how many pads i used per day. But prepare more pads coz the flow in the 1st 1-2wks is heavy...