Medela or avent?

mrsliaw

hi mummies currently I'm using avent single electronic pump. I am thinking of changing a pump. Therefore I need mummies opinion.TIA :)1.Is medela or avent pump better?2.is ir true that double pump stimulates more milk than single pump?

diza

I'm also tempted to buy a dbl pump! Eyeing for Medela Freestyle. Currently using pigeon single pump but I guess when I go back to work, I might only have 25 to 30 min per pump session. So dual pump is more efficient... As to whether milk supply will increase if use dbl pump, I'm not too sure but if u realise, if baby is suckling on one side or if we are pumping on one side, the other side will leak as it is also being stimulated. So having a dual pump not only saves time but the leakage will not be wasted.

double pump is better than single pump , will stimulate and give more milk and sometimes more let-down.

i will choose medela pumps:)

mrsliaw

I'm also tempted to buy a dbl pump! Eyeing for Medela Freestyle. Currently using pigeon single pump but I guess when I go back to work, I might only have 25 to 30 min per pump session. So dual pump is more efficient... As to whether milk supply will increase if use dbl pump, I'm not too sure but if you realise, if baby is suckling on one side or if we are pumping on one side, the other side will leak as it is also being stimulated. So having a dual pump not only saves time but the leakage will not be wasted.
Hello diza! yes exactly same thoughts was thinking that a dbl pump would be better for work and also medela dbl pump seems to have a cooler bag in a package which seems better.normally when baby sucks /I pump one side normally I will hold another cup there so that the milk will leak into that cup which will not be wasted!

msck

Hey hey, i am using medela pisa. I think it saves time n save milk... Cos when u pump one side, the other side do get stimulated too!!

Medela Pisa! That's the best choice! I was a heavy user who pumped like 6-8 times a day for one yr for my first boy n now i use it occasionally to relief engorgement. it is still in good working condition!
Double pump is more effective n efficient. I heard tho medela swing also double pump, it is not as effective as Pisa or freestyle. Tho Pisa n freestyle are quite ex, it's really worth the money considering u r able to bf, giving your child the best milk n of Cos saving money fr buying fm. U can buy US set online. I got mine fr US website n plus shipping, is nearly half the price of that in sg.

mrsliaw

Hi all mummies! Thanks for your feedback. Can medela Pisa/freestyle funnel size be changed to suit our nipples? As I'm currently using avent and I don't think the funnels are changeable and my nipple are sooo sore. And roughly what's the price range like? thanks all :)

msck

Hey mrsliaw,
Yup yup. Pisa is pump in style advanced. There's 3 sizes to the funnel. =)

Heard its quite ex. I am usiny cousin's. It"s really super durable. Her son now in p2 n she has lent it to many users thru out the years!! Still useful n functioning well! Good investment.

Btw, i ordered too many plastic storage bottles from us! Let me know if u r keen. I sell u cheap cheap. Lol

It is about $430 including shipping when I got from US. I know of a local online mummy who is selling Pisa ard that price too. If u buying local set, cheapest I hv seen is abt $600. If u buy fr US, no local warranty. So if pump spoilt, send to service dented need to pay money. But so far, my pump broke down twice cos I was really heavy user. My Fil managed to fix for me. Phew

andieluv2

Definitely medela pisa!! Dun waste money getting single avent pump. Thats wat i did. Damn. Heard that unimom oso not too bad. Its hospital grade and cheap.

i am using freestyle , bought it because i can carry it to work. it can be charged without the need to bring charge out etc. i bought US set with US 1 year warranty for $470 in MARCH 12, i think now all prices increased.

so anyone who do not need to bring pump out as frequent, can consider pump in style.

the funnel comes in a few sizes and is changeable. but i find that the freestyle replacement parts especially the membranes are expensive than pump in style, so please buy PISA if u do not need or mind to being bulky pump out.

i bought my replacment parts from one seller at reasonable price.

by the way, the membrane will lose its elasticity over time, so do change it once u realise that the suction is not as good as before or else u will see a drop in milk supply.

mrsliaw

Hey mrsliaw,
Yup yup. Pisa is pump in style advanced. There's 3 sizes to the funnel. =)

Heard its quite ex. I am usiny cousin's. It"s really super durable. Her son now in p2 n she has lent it to many users thru out the years!! Still useful n functioning well! Good investment.

Btw, i ordered too many plastic storage bottles from us! Let me know if u r keen. I sell u cheap cheap. Lol
hahaha thanks Msck! Do you bring the pump to work? And does it come with a cooler bag tgt?

mrsliaw

It is about $430 including shipping when I got from US. I know of a local online mummy who is selling Pisa ard that price too. If u buying local set, cheapest I hv seen is abt $600. If u buy fr US, no local warranty. So if pump spoilt, send to service dented need to pay money. But so far, my pump broke down twice cos I was really heavy user. My Fil managed to fix for me. Phew
rachelleling mind to give me the mummies contact details? I intend to bf her for long term as well,counted as heavy user too. I'm pumping every now and than (even now) and the avent single pump is really ...... Slowwww.

mrsliaw

Definitely medela pisa!! Dun waste money getting single avent pump. Thats wat i did. Damn. Heard that unimom oso not too bad. Its hospital grade and cheap.
Yes that's what I did too!!! Now I'm regretting should have done more research first. Oh yah that brand MAH parentcraft recommended me that brand too but it doesn't seem very famous afraid the parts would be hard to get.

mrsliaw

i am using freestyle , bought it because i can carry it to work. it can be charged without the need to bring charge out etc. i bought US set with US 1 year warranty for $470 in MARCH 12, i think now all prices increased.

so anyone who do not need to bring pump out as frequent, can consider pump in style.

the funnel comes in a few sizes and is changeable. but i find that the freestyle replacement parts especially the membranes are expensive than pump in style, so please buy PISA if u do not need or mind to being bulky pump out.

i bought my replacment parts from one seller at reasonable price.

by the way, the membrane will lose its elasticity over time, so do change it once u realise that the suction is not as good as before or else u will see a drop in milk supply.
Does Pisa have the same function as freestyle? Without having to bring the charger out sounds ideal for work.