Medishield

veronica

Anyone has done comparison which company offers a better coverage and at the same time not expensive? (though we are paying thru CPF, we still need to consider the rider options since this is paid by cash)

Anyone has done comparison which company offers a better coverage and at the same time not expensive? (though we are paying thru CPF, we still need to consider the rider options since this is paid by cash)
You can try: Ministry of Health: Comparison of MediShield and Private Integrated Plans for premium comparisons. All the MOH approved insurers that offer shield plans offer 3 types of shield plans. They offer riders also to cover the 1st $3k deductible and 10% co-payment, but the riders can be expensive, in some cases, they are more $$ than the basic shield cost.
What are you on currently?

veronica

You can try: Ministry of Health: Comparison of MediShield and Private Integrated Plans for premium comparisons. All the MOH approved insurers that offer shield plans offer 3 types of shield plans. They offer riders also to cover the 1st $3k deductible and 10% co-payment, but the riders can be expensive, in some cases, they are more $$ than the basic shield cost.
What are you on currently?
Also i see that most plans need you to choose between private or govt hosp. Do you know lets say if i choose private and when there is a need to stay and I choose govt hosp, will i still get covered??

Also i see that most plans need you to choose between private or govt hosp. Do you know lets say if i choose private and when there is a need to stay and I choose govt hosp, will i still get covered??
What NTUC plan are you covered under?
If you choose the private hospital plan, you will still get 100% coverage if you have to go to public hospital. Thats why the premiums for the private hospital plan is the most expensive compared to the 2 other public hospital shield plans.

veronica

What NTUC plan are you covered under?
If you choose the private hospital plan, you will still get 100% coverage if you have to go to public hospital. Thats why the premiums for the private hospital plan is the most expensive compared to the 2 other public hospital shield plans.
thanks. are you an agent? Mine is the incomeshield, my agent just told me i need to upgrade to enhanced to have maxi coverage. Thats why now i start to look around or stick with ntuc.

ziggyy

Alpha Male
Hi Veronica,

I'll just chip in here since I can't contribute on most of the other threads (being a dad and all...)

I'm on NTUC enhanced and my wife & baby are on GE's supremeshield... You can do a quick comparison to decide which is best for you. All the big players have their own variation. AIA, Avivia, GE, Pru, NTUC.

If you can afford it, go for the best plan by the insurer of your choice, that's the one which covers the pvt hospitals' cost. It's always easier to downgrade in the long run rather than upgrade your plan. For the shield plan, you can pay by CPF and you'll need to play cash for the rider component.

Do note that NTUC's plan requires you to pay 10% of the deductible (up to $3000/yr) even though you have a rider. That's why its rider is much cheaper than the rest.

Also, when doing your comparisons, factor in the cost of your plan when you are pass 55y.o/65y.o, most of the premiums suddenly shoot up after 55 or 65 y.o (can't remember which one).

Read that for shield plan, its harder to switch if you have made a claim. I can't remember what were the reasons for choosing NTUC and my wife for choosing GE but for our baby, we just went with GE cos most of the plans are fairly similar and we didn't want to liaise with another agent just for a shield plan.

thanks. are you an agent? Mine is the incomeshield, my agent just told me i need to upgrade to enhanced to have maxi coverage. Thats why now i start to look around or stick with ntuc.
I'm a financial adviser that represents several insurers including NTUC and Aviva. You can PM me if you need to discuss personal things

veronica

Hi Veronica,

I'll just chip in here since I can't contribute on most of the other threads (being a dad and all...)

I'm on NTUC enhanced and my wife & baby are on GE's supremeshield... You can do a quick comparison to decide which is best for you. All the big players have their own variation. AIA, Avivia, GE, Pru, NTUC.

If you can afford it, go for the best plan by the insurer of your choice, that's the one which covers the pvt hospitals' cost. It's always easier to downgrade in the long run rather than upgrade your plan. For the shield plan, you can pay by CPF and you'll need to play cash for the rider component.

Do note that NTUC's plan requires you to pay 10% of the deductible (up to $3000/yr) even though you have a rider. That's why its rider is much cheaper than the rest.

Also, when doing your comparisons, factor in the cost of your plan when you are pass 55y.o/65y.o, most of the premiums suddenly shoot up after 55 or 65 y.o (can't remember which one).

Read that for shield plan, its harder to switch if you have made a claim. I can't remember what were the reasons for choosing NTUC and my wife for choosing GE but for our baby, we just went with GE cos most of the plans are fairly similar and we didn't want to liaise with another agent just for a shield plan.
Thanks for your advice. Do you mean NTUC is the only one that has the 10% co deductible ? Yes I realised that the annual rate shoot really high after age 50 and above.