Milk Bleb -- need to do anything?

Hi everyone, finally my LO has arrived and have been on TBF for the past few days.

So far only exclusive latching on and not using pump.
Just saw a milk bleb (white spot) on the right nipple. When baby nurses there's slight pinprick pain. Still manageable when I change to football hold position.

wondering if I need to treat the bleb or will it go away? Seeing my gynae in a few days and wondering if he can help or I need to see lactation consultant to treat it. The latter is more troublesome as nd
to book separate appt.

any advice ? TIA!

lyra

A white spot? Do you experience blocked ducts? I had a white spot and blocked ducts. Rather painful. For me, I just allow my baby to keep sucking and I also use warm water to shower and massage the affected breast. If your baby dun suck very well yet, u can try pumping. No need to prick with needle bcoz if we dun do it carefully, we may cause infection. If it doesn't get well when you self treat it, maybe you can see a LC. GP and gynaes may not know how to deal with it.

JTS, dun over pump as you'll over stimulate your breasts and get over supply. Its not gd to get over supply. I had lots of problem with it last time.