Milk bottle teats issue

iwan2noe

Dear mummies,

not sure if u face the same prob as I do.
I'm using p*geon milk bottle n I usually sterilize it with the
same brand if sterilizer. After some time, I realise the teat change from transparent to white. Is it normal. Btw, this bottle is their bpa free honey Coloured tinted bottle.

Any mummies faced the same prob and can advise me if I can continue using it or have to chang. The teats?

Thanks!! :)

adelynn

i also use pigeon and i also realized after some time the teats will turn white.
it could be:
- milk residue not washed clean and start to build up.
- method of sterilization. i do not use steam sterilization, but rather high heat sterilizer (like an oven) to sterilize that that also contribute.

change the teats regularly, i change mine on a 6 to 10 weeks basis.

lynn_3004

I'm using avent teats, it also turn white. I think most probably is the breast milk that causes it. Because those teats that i use with breast milk turn white whereas those with formula didn't turn white.

iwan2noe

I'm using avent teats, it also turn white. I think most probably is the breast milk that causes it. Because those teats that i use with breast milk turn white whereas those with formula didn't turn white.

Oh,it's interesting to learn that teats that r used to feed breast milk n formula milk has a difference!

Wi it be dangerous to still use teats that has turned white?

apollo

i think must use it thoroughly. sometimes my hubby didnt wash thoroughly will become white. and i will rewash the wash, use the brush to 'scrub' it den it become transparent again =)

autumn82

Yes, must wash throughly and if u want, can use alittle salt and rub the teats and rinse off.