Milk Bottles recommendation

november

Anybody out there, care to share views on differnt milk bottles brand.

Been using Tommee Tippee for a week - Baby drinks very slow and the teat gets pushed inwards when baby pushes out.

Frenchkitty

I only tried Avent and NUK before and NUK is marvellous in terms of the orthodontic teat design and glass bottle means safer for babies (less chemicals emitted compared to plastic bottles).

stonston

my boy started off with NUK from newborn to ard 1yo, then he suddenly rejected NUK n we tried Avent (cos i hv e pump n i got alot of avent bottles), he decided to switch to Avent at 1yr old. so now he's still using Avent.

different babies got different preferences. sometimes we jus gotta try n try until we find something they like :p

*actually he started to reject NUK the same time i stopped latching him :p

Frenchkitty

Yes agree with Stonston hahahahah sometimes we gotta trial and error until find somethin suitable for our kid which also means gotta spend alot of $$ but what to do?? :001_302:

sugarcookie

i bought a pigeon wide neck to try... see how ba
My bb (7 wks+) is using pigeon wide neck but she tends to dribble quite a bit. Don't know if it is because of the teat size but I'm already using the smallest.

Let me know how your experience with Pigeon wide-neck goes!

jellybnzw

I used both NUK and pigeon wide neck. I prefer NUK with the latex teat cos my bb is used to BF so she likes the NUK latex. She protests with the pigeon wide neck.Strange thing is she was happily drinking from it when she was couple weeks old. Until BM supply got stable and she latches on directly she started protests on pigeon but like the NUK. So I think its really the BB preference.

Both NUK & Pigeon wide neck helps to prevent choking but I still prefer NUK cos of the design. So unless bb complains I should't be changing.

kathtan

For those using NUK, do you experience leaking from bottle from baby is sucking? Mine was ok until recently it started leaking the moment baby sucked. Not sure why?

stonston

kath, could be the teats out of shape, or u turn too tight. esp with the latex teats this prob quite common.

wenz

am using Avent and she is still using it now...
was recommended by a fren for First Year Milk Bottle... its gd in terms the cap of the milk bottle can be attached at the bottom of the milk bottle when feeding the baby.. so the cap wun get lost or dunno where to put...
i bought the milk bottle but haven try using yet...

autumn82

For both my kiddos, I've been using Pigeon standard neck ones. I tried Avent on my gal when she was a NB but she takes super long to drink, so we switched to Pigeon. So far so good.