Milk Powder, Low Fat Milk, Fresh Milk which is better for pregnancy??

jespang

Hi Ladies,

Need some advices here. I hv been taking low fat milk (HL Milk or Daisy) ever since I know I m pregnant. However, I start to hv doubt here. Will drinking fresh milk be much better for babies and mummies? However, fresh milk will make u put on weight much faster and Pregnancy milk powder will cause constipation cos it abit heaty.

Mummies out there, can share what u have been drinking in order to hv more calcium?? N do u drink a cup of milk EVERYDAY???

apollo

when i was preg, i was taking both HL milk and Amnum. actually my gynae told me to take HL, or other fresh milk rather than those FM.

Amulet

FM have the highest nutritional level of all, but also highest in sugar content.. over nourishment will make the mom gain too much weight.. if u have been poor in appetite n slow in weight gain, FM is the one for u..

otherwise, low fat high cal milk like HL n some other brands would be more suitable..

most fresh milk doesn't contains higher calcium level than low fat high cal milk.. take some time to compare the brands ba..

i didn't really drink milk everyday for my pregnancy.. only on and off wen i remember..

apollo

FM have the highest nutritional level of all, but also highest in sugar content.. over nourishment will make the mom gain too much weight.. if you have been poor in appetite n slow in weight gain, FM is the one for you..

otherwise, low fat high cal milk like HL n some other brands would be more suitable..

most fresh milk doesn't contains higher calcium level than low fat high cal milk.. take some time to compare the brands ..

i didn't really drink milk everyday for my pregnancy.. only on and off wen i remember..
precisely! tt's was y my gynae told me to drink max 1 cup of FM per day will do and she refuse to give me calcium sup cos she said i was alrdy taking FM daily and my urine test showed tt the calcium level was v high, not good also.. hehe..

IMHO, it is ok not to drink daily IF the mother is taking healthy food daily, and of cos balance diet. :001_302:

angelwendy

for me.. i drink Meji... low fat milk.. because i'm already overweight.. so i don't dare to take full cream milk.. i don't like Fm... haha

jespang

How abt soya bean drink? (ie. Mr Bean). My mum said by drinking soya bean, the baby complexion will be fairer.. N soya bean has high calcium as well, right??:err:

My friends who are abt 35 yrs plus hv start complaining abt her knee cap is painful whenever she coming down fr staircase and another one said her waist is uncomfortable as well. All these happened only after they have gave birth to their babies.

Read an article said that beside bloods, alot of calcium will be lost during delivery time. So I guess during pregnancy, we must really take good care of ourselves.:Dancing_tongue:

Amulet

How about soya bean drink? (ie. Mr Bean). My mum said by drinking soya bean, the baby complexion will be fairer.. N soya bean has high calcium as well, right??:err:

My friends who are about 35 yrs plus have start complaining about her knee cap is painful whenever she coming down fr staircase and another one said her waist is uncomfortable as well. All these happened only after they have gave birth to their babies.

Read an article said that beside bloods, alot of calcium will be lost during delivery time. So I guess during pregnancy, we must really take good care of ourselves.:Dancing_tongue:
Soya bean bad for pregnant mothers | Chinese Confinement Foods

BBC NEWS | Health | Soya beans linked to developmental damage

u might be interested in these articles attached.. i didn't them until my baby was born.. but heng it's a girl..

i had soya bean milk almost every morning from my 2nd tri onwards.. but it didn't give my baby fair complexion.. it's all determined by genes..

my mom had soya bean milk frequently wen she was carrying my brother, but i have fairer skin tone than my brother although she drink kopi-o everyday wen she was pregnant with me..

Mummy to Baby V

I'm underweight and vegetarian through pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Drank soymilk (pure, no added sugar) and fresh milk (pure, no artificial flavoring, etc).
2 glasses daily.
Obgyn advised me to take calcium plus vitamin D to aid absorption.
I also took prenatal vitamins and don't like processed formula milk.

If underweight, full cream milk is fine. Otherwise, opt for low-fat version.

Dragontail

Do you microwave your freshmilk (fullcream or lowfat) before consumption? I totally skip cold beverages now. Before pregnancy I like to drink cold milk. Just microwave to a bit warm but not boiling? (some milk are not advisable to heat till boiling point).

cinnamonroll

Hi, i was told by my friends who r mummies now that milk powder is better as it contaons dha n what not. It actually helps in baby development. Same principle why we take fish oil n multi vits.

Dragontail

I've sampled formula milk powder for pregnant mummies. They taste very awful unfortunately. I wanted to puke :(

cinnamonroll

Hi Dragontail, i would agree with u if i have not tried EnfaMama A+. It comes in original n chocolate flavours. The chocolate one taste not too bad. =)

Dragontail

Maybe I will give it a shot at Enfamama. Thanks! I tried two brands before (I cant remember which) and they are so yucky :( I dont take choc drinks at all so I have to try the original flavor. I see where I can get a sample of it before plunging into a tin :)