Milk tooth .... making way for permanent teeth

Angelmum

When yr child's milk tooth is shaky, parents help to shake off?

For DS, I no prob cos he knows how to shake. Sometimes, DS got prob with his stubborn milk teeth, shaky but refused to get released fm gum. Shook few days (with blood) still dont want to break off so sometimes really use force .... Daddy.

My DD ..... was feeding her y'day and suddenly found her tearing, then saw 1 tooth broke with blood oozing:wetwitcy: she nvr really scream or cry, just teary eyes :wong7: Had a hard time digging out the broken tooth b4 she swallows... she bite me! Guess my spoon knocked her milk tooth and it snapped off. Found its neighbour a bit shaky, wonder shld I shake it, at the same time let her bite me or wait for another accident cum coincidence :err:.

I gave her sugar to stop the bleed + kind of pacify her. Actually wanted to give teething gel but some got burning sensation b4 numbing the affected area.

Spiralng

OOooh...scary. Did u check with dentis cos when u knocked her balance tooth off will it affect her permanent teeth??

For me, I ask my girl to shake the tooth herself. She still can tell me you think not pain is it? Aiyo...I just let her tooth drop naturally.

Angelmum

For me, I ask my girl to shake the tooth herself. She still can tell me you think not pain is it? Aiyo...I just let her tooth drop naturally.
:tlaugh:
my case, DD pain, I pain (finger) :mtongue: .... sure bite me!
Also wish it'll drop naturally but what if swallow? (She hvnt learnt spitting) Consider nutrients?:001_302:

Must check with dentist? Dunno ley

Funz

Angelmum, how old is your gal? She still dun noe how to spit but her milk teeth are already falling out? Then wat about teeth brushing, she spits the paste out and rinse rite.

Sorry ah, just curious. But I am seeing more and more kids losing their milk teeth earlier and earlier. Could be due to diet, higher sugar causing decay, and also higher calcium intake resulting to the permanent teeth coming out earlier dislodging the milk teeth. My theory lah.

Angelmum

wonder is there any blur and rough (chorLor ) mummy like me ....:embarrassed:
Accident 1: 11mths ago, gal's 2 front teeth was broken coz she played with me and knocked on the Queen size mattress. No sight of new tooth yet :eek:

Accident 2: 1 bottom tooth broke when I was feeding her with a metal spoon. It broke with a single knock :err:

Accident 3: few days ago, another bottom tooth broke cos was brushing her teeth, she bite on the cloth that I used to clean away the toothpaste ... I tried to pull out and unknowingly that tooth snapped!

Is it our child's teeth more 'fragile'?

Angelmum

I'm back to shaky milk tooth. My girl is turning 12 but still has a few milk tooth.
Noticed my girl has shaky milk tooth that can take about a year to come off. I remember 2 years ago, she was being seen by her special school dentist. Dentist said she has 2 shaky teeth. I thought they will drop by itself and I didn't remember about those teeth. After half year, I suddenly remembered and decided to help her shake every time I bear-hug her to brush her teeth. She resisted, very strong so I didn't insist. It took about a year for those stubborn teeth to finally shake off.

I noticed 2 other milk teeth shaky ... time passes too fast, I realised at least 3 months flash passed. Now my domestic helper brushes her teeth so I hardly get to touch her teeth. My friend's child, also Angelman syndrome said her son will pass her the drop-off tooth to her, almost bloodless .... but my girl doesn't, her fine motor isn't that fantastic. All has to do with her lack of therapy in Rainbow Centre.... no matter how much I requested during each parents' meeting. Too late to scream since she has passed the best stage to be 'moulded finer'. The special school therapies are not given adequately or equally to all the students. School has certain apples of their eyes who they play more attention to. Anybody who is not blind can see the unfairness. Off topic ....hehehe....

Does your child has stubborn milk tooth?
For normal child, I doubt they will swallow it.