Milk Trays to Store Breast Milk

adelynn

Hi

Is anybody using milk trays to freeze their breast milk for storage? What's the feedback as compared to using milk bags? Appreciate any feedback/reviews :)

meiteoh

I'm using them but I'm a SAHM so I don't pump very often; only during emergencies. The milk trays I have freezes milk into 1 oz bars. So after they are frozen through, I remove them from the bars and pop them into a storage bag. I can keep about four bars per bag and that helps me save up some space in my freezer as I can stack the bags up.

I did hear that bags will take up more space PLUS when you want to thaw the milk, you have to thaw the entire bag. With these bars, I can just thaw 1 oz if I want to (to use in intro-ing semi solids) instead of the whole bag.

adelynn

I'm using them but I'm a stay at home mum so I dont't pump very often; only during emergencies. The milk trays I have freezes milk into 1 oz bars. So after they are frozen through, I remove them from the bars and pop them into a storage bag. I can keep about four bars per bag and that helps me save up some space in my freezer as I can stack the bags up.

I did hear that bags will take up more space PLUS when you want to thaw the milk, you have to thaw the entire bag. With these bars, I can just thaw 1 oz if I want to (to use in intro-ing semi solids) instead of the whole bag.
What storage bags do u use to keep them? Normal ziplock bags?
Where did u get ur milk trays and how much did u get it for?

I am keen in using them for milk storage for the purpose of space saving in the freezer and minimal wastage of leftover milk due to her different demands over the period of time after i go back to work.

meiteoh

I bought my milk trays here - they come in packs of two trays and so far, I'm just using one tray. As for storage bags, I'm using Blue Egg storage bags here.

adelynn

Thanks, this is the exact milk tray i was considering to purchase.

So after u freeze the milk into bars, u put them into the blue eggs storage bags and use whatever amount when required?

meiteoh

Thanks, this is the exact milk tray i was considering to purchase.

So after you freeze the milk into bars, you put them into the blue eggs storage bags and use whatever amount when required?
Yups - the bars look like broken off Kit Kat bars once frozen. :)