Milk warmer? Yes or no...

sharonyi66

Mummies,

any1 find milk warmer useful? What's the different if I just pour hot water into the cup then put the milk bottle in?

As i'm thinking of freezing my breast milk and might need a warmer to warm the milk faster.

Any brands of warmer to recommend?

tika

i think a milk warmer for in the car is more useful. i dunno how i would survive without it. at home there's always easy access to hot water for warming up.

Frenchkitty

Im using Pigeon milk and food warmer. It's really good because the water maintains the warm temperature, so I dont have to keep pouring away cold water and replacing with hot water (what I used to do in the past by standing the BM in a bowl of hot water)

Very time- and energy-saving. Def worth it.

shopaholic

I regretted not getting it for my previous kids. I used hot water to warm up breast milk but found it too tedious because as baby increased the milk intake, it would take longer to warm up the milk. Now for my coming 3rd child, I bought the Avent warmer after using one at my mum's place when we stayed over. Found it easy to use.

Frenchkitty

Hi Sharon, for the Pigeon one Im using, yes it is a 2 in 1... because the warmer can fit up to the size of an AVENT VIA storage cup.. so no problems for warming both milk bottles as well as pureed baby food when the baby starts on solids.

CarolOng

I've got 2 milk warmer too. but i'm not using them now. I feel that it's much faster to warm the milk in hot water. warmer takes too long & my girl can't wait.

but as her intake increase, maybe warmer will indeed be faster. not sure yet... ;)

CDL

Have tried using both the conventional ways and the bottle warmer. I find that using the warmer frees up some of my time. I can put the bottle in the warmer and change baby's diaper/give baby a quick wash ..etc without worrying that the milk has become too hot (which could happen when using the conventional ways to heat up milk)

Alternatively, sometimes using the conventional ways are not effective (eg, when water has turned cold) and you waste time waiting for the milk to warm up. I'm using the Avent bottle warmer - works very well.

sharonyi66

Understands that Avent has 2 types of milk warmer.. Any mummies tried any of the types? Any comments? As i'm thinking of buying it from the Taka baby fair 1 of these days... they are having quite good sales now.

apollo

Have tried using both the conventional ways and the bottle warmer. I find that using the warmer frees up some of my time. I can put the bottle in the warmer and change baby's diaper/give baby a quick wash ..etc without worrying that the milk has become too hot (which could happen when using the conventional ways to heat up milk)

Alternatively, sometimes using the conventional ways are not effective (eg, when water has turned cold) and you waste time waiting for the milk to warm up. I'm using the Avent bottle warmer - works very well.
i have a qns... sometimes i feed ds in the room sometimes in the living room... the food warmer is electrical one right? so it means i have to place the warmer somewhere i can use the electric right??

apollo

Understands that Avent has 2 types of milk warmer.. Any mummies tried any of the types? Any comments? As i'm thinking of buying it from the Taka baby fair 1 of these days... they are having quite good sales now.
i'm also thinking of buying at taka baby fair! but still stuck between the 2 brands: Avent and pigeon.. haha:tlaugh: