missed abortion

Jocelynshun

hi ladies.
im 22 this year. found out i was pregnant on 16march15 and went to the gynae on 23march and took a scan. 6 week pregnant by then. i have very irregular menses was actually surprise and super excited when i found out the good news as me and my husband have been trying for quite sometimes without any fertility treatment etcs. and im my next appointment with my gynae was suppose to be on 6 apr15 but had to push it to 15apr due to work.
and the night before my appointment (14apr15) i had very light spotting and 2 small blood clog and im terrified but googled it and apparently it was normal to have spotting. proceed with my appointment the next day, and it was the worst day of my life, literally . did a scan, my gynae told me fetus was not there.... no heartbeat. no fetus. placenta and sac is still there. there is some separation, from what i also had no idea. and also some blood clog remaining. and also i had some fungus infections. gynae asked me to do an internal ultrascan to double confirm. sure enough , baby was not there anymore. had to do a D&C procedure the next day. cant help myself from feeling like crap and crying etc. doc told me i had an missed abortion. i believe that it might had something to do with my job as i work as a manicurist and theres alot of "carrying" of cust feet and lots of scrubbing of callus on the feets. climbing up and down to take polish. i believed i overworked. i was put on anesthetic when im doing the procedure but somehow i didnt "sleep" i stayed awake during the D&C. half awake i should say. i can feel whats going on i can hear sound of the vacuum and whatever the doc is doing. i just do not have the strength to speak nor move. after 10-20min procedure even aft tht i didnt really sleep. i keep waking up every 10-15min. nurse was shock when they come in to check on me cos they saw me awake. but after a good 30min i slept for 1 hr. but i still cant get over it as its my first pregnancy . i love kids. i really wanted the pregnancy badly. now im trying to do everything i can to be healthy again to conceive. any idea when its a good time for me to try again. i asked my gynae he say 2-3mths. but im very very scare i will have another missed abortion.

sorry for the lengthy post

Sorry to hear about your missed abortion.

Dont worry about your next pregnancy. Most of the women will have a healthy pregnancy after the miscarriage.

There is no particular amount of time to wait, to conceive again. Make sure that you are ready physically and emotionally to conceive again. In order to strengthen the chances of healthy pregnancy, most of the healthcare providers will suggest you to wait for few months.

JoyfulMay

I'm so sorry for your loss.

A couple of my friends gone through MC as well and they got pregnant within 1 to 2 months. Now, they have beautiful and healthy babies. So, don't worry about it. Meanwhile, taking folic acid might be good. I have heard that women should be taking folic acid since while trying to conceive.

Since your post has been some time before, I do hope you are carrying a healthy baby by now. Best of luck!! :smile: