MMR vaccinnation

Mum2Matty

Dear Mummies

Like to check if any of you delay the MMR jab? If yes, why? I know the jab is usually given at 15mo. Also, is MMR jab FOC at polyclinic?

Thanks!

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Dear Mummies

Like to check if any of you delay the MMR jab? If yes, why? I know the jab is usually given at 15mo. Also, is MMR jab FOC at polyclinic?

Thanks!
Hi,

my ds2 had his at 22mths

maMaSan

One of the reasons ppl delay the mmr jab is concern over amts of lead or mercury (i forgot which) in the vaccine, which was found to be v high couple years back. I think since then all batches have been found 2b safe so the worries may be unfounded. The contamination was suspected to have been a cause for autism. BUT I believe in Singapore all the vaccines are relatively safe.

On my side, I delayed for my nearly 3-yo boy cos my 6.5yo (who was faithfully jabbed on schedule) had autistic tendencies and just found out to be having Asperger's syndrome - a condition within the autism spectrum.

So due in part to kia-si-ism and in part to laziness, my nearly 3yo hasn't had the final needle inserted just yet ;p

pearly

Thimerosal derived from mercury is used as a preservative in vaccines. This as well as many other toxins. Failure for the body to detox these often results in many neurological and immunological issues.

Here's an interesting video: YouTube - 4/2/08 Larry King Autism w/ Jenny McCarthy. Vaccines

I would strongly advice parents to rethink about giving vaccinations outside the required ones to your children, at least not until they are strong enough.

Recently, I allowed my elder girl to take her MMR shot after a year of consideration. I regretted it because she suffered from terrible migraines after that and only got better after I detox her.

Vaccines are not all bad. The only problem is if the body cannot detox the toxins such as heavy metals in the shots, it may lead to a whole range of complications.

Ohohbaby

Sorry but how do you detox it? Actually I;m quite skeptical, thereafore decided to delay for my child's MMR till after 2 years old.:shyxxx:

pearly

My elder girl's MMR shot which gave her headaches was given to her in P5 this year. They were so bad that she was having double vision and completely lost her appetite. This naturally resulted in her poor exam results although she was all along a good performer. Anyway, the naturopath that we saw gave her a remedy and she recovered from her headaches after a few doses. Sometimes, the body is unable to purge the virus and/or chemicals in the vaccine and this may cause complications. I'm just glad that the problem was nibbed in the bud before it ballooned into something more severe.

veronica

Ya its ok to delay but u need to check with your PD whats the max you can delay.

I think most parents delay due to child was sick.