mosquito infestation

uddermummy

help! My place is over-run by mosquitoes after the recent fogging at my place.

Short of spraying myself, dd and the dog silly with organic insect repellant every other hour, what else can i do? I've got one electric insect repellant in every room and have made sure that the toilets are always dry.

I don't want to use the chemical ones because of the Deet content.

I'm on the ground floor. :(

jasobias

help! My place is over-run by mosquitoes after the recent fogging at my place.

Short of spraying myself, dear daughter and the dog silly with organic insect repellant every other hour, what else can i do? I've got one electric insect repellant in every room and have made sure that the toilets are always dry.

I dont't want to use the chemical ones because of the Deet content.

I'm on the ground floor. :(
Wow thts bad.Me i just keep all the windows in my house shut including main door.N then when we open the door to get inside the house we quickily rush in coz scared tht mosquito will fly in also.

uddermummy

Wow thts bad.Me i just keep all the windows in my house shut including main door.and then when we open the door to get inside the house we quickily rush in coz scared tht mosquito will fly in also.
I only open the kitchen windows. Have to open some windows or we'll all suffocate! :(

missblue18

my place also has loads of mosquitoes but i noticed they normally come for me than baby...anyway i bought the johnson & johnson's mosquito clear lotion...been using since baby was new born...

i used to stay high floors n had no such problems ever since moved in with mil the mosquitoes bit me so much tat my legs have some ugly scars! :(

uddermummy

my place also has loads of mosquitoes but i noticed they normally come for me than baby...anyway i bought the johnson & johnson's mosquito clear lotion...been using since baby was new born...

i used to stay high floors and had no such problems ever since moved in with mother in law the mosquitoes bit me so much that my legs have some ugly scars! :(
can get the oil from anywhere? cos i bought the babies only spray from sephora and it's really ex!

the mos comes for both me and dd, but they attack me more. :p

didn't see any scars on your legs leh. :001_302:

tinkerball

u know the mosquito repellent with the UV light that we normally saw at coffeeshops? u shuld get one. i have everything from repellent lotion to mosquito patch and the repellent light. i got so paranoid becos each time my son got bitten the swelling can get as big as a 50cent coin and will stay for more than a week

Spiralng

Mosquitos will normally fly around 1-2 meters from their breeding grounds. The lava of the breed in stagant water. you might wan to check outside your house.

uddermummy

you know the mosquito repellent with the UV light that we normally saw at coffeeshops? you shuld get one. i have everything from repellent lotion to mosquito patch and the repellent light. i got so paranoid becos each time my son got bitten the swelling can get as big as a 50cent coin and will stay for more than a week
yup, i have those uv lights in every room, plus the kitchen. In dd's room, i've placed 2. :p

On top of that, i use the babies only insect repellant.

uddermummy

Mosquitos will normally fly around 1-2 meters from their breeding grounds. The lava of the breed in stagant water. you might want to check outside your house.
There's a drain outside my apartment. And i suspect that's where the mozzies are coming from. But they already fog the place a few times every month...

The thing is, I don't see anyone clearing the drains tho.

Spiralng

There's a drain outside my apartment. And i suspect that's where the mozzies are coming from. But they already fog the place a few times every month...

The thing is, I dont't see anyone clearing the drains tho.
Call NEA they will send pest control to clear...normally fogging is to kill adult mosquitoes...which does not really solve the problems cos the little ones will still be breeding therefore, to really clear the problem, must get rid of the breeding ground. One thing to take note before u call...whoever who make the phone call, NEA will normally check your house first. If they check and find out that your house is breeding mozzies, u will kena fine...so ..eh.....make your neighbours call...ha ha ha...

uddermummy

Call NEA they will send pest control to clear...normally fogging is to kill adult mosquitoes...which does not really solve the problems cos the little ones will still be breeding therefore, to really clear the problem, must get rid of the breeding ground. One thing to take note before you call...whoever who make the phone call, NEA will normally check your house first. If they check and find out that your house is breeding mozzies, you will kena fine...so ..eh.....make your neighbours call...ha ha ha...
wahahaha! Do they do checks on all prop or only on HDB flats?

hmmm, wah, I'm afraid that I will kenna blacklisted by the com members at my place leh... they quite unfriendly!

Spiralng

wahahaha! Do they do checks on all prop or only on HDB flats?

hmmm, wah, I'm afraid that I will kenna blacklisted by the com members at my place ... they quite unfriendly!
ha ha ha they will do check on areas that kena complained or hv records of dengue fever...regarding blacklisted leh...ehh...i dun tink so...if not like wat i say...can instigate your neighbours to complain...ha ha ha...

uddermummy

ha ha ha they will do check on areas that kena complained or have records of dengue fever...regarding blacklisted ...ehh...i dont tink so...if not like what i say...can instigate your neighbours to complain...ha ha ha...
heehee. In the meantime, I think I will sneak out at night to spray the drains outside my apartment!

missblue18

can get the oil from anywhere? cos i bought the babies only spray from sephora and it's really ex!

the mos comes for both me and dear daughter, but they attack me more. :p

didn't see any scars on your legs . :001_302:
the clear lotion can get from supermarkets or pharmacies...next meeting i show u the scars haha

Spiralng

what type of oil? wah, like that fire hazard or not? dont't want to set my apartment on fire!
ha ha ha if u scare set the apartment on fire, put those ehh...sand granuales(dun know spelling) specially to remove lava in the drain...but must make sure is stagnant water cos mozzie won't breed in running water...