Motorised Sarong Safe to Use whole night???

Hello everyone!

Are there any of you who use the motorised baby sarong for naps and night time?

I am just wondering if it is safe for baby if it is used the whole night bouncing away. I am not worried it will drop but more so is it ok for the brain/head? My baby is already 12 weeks and we just started using recently. Hubby really likes using the sarong cos he finds it so easy, just pop baby in and let the sarong do the soothing and settling.

I use the sarong for naps only cos it really helps baby to sleep longer and I can do things around the house. But at night i like to put him in the cot. He is a good baby and will sleep in the cot but is fussy from 5 to 7am and hubby just wants to throw him into the sarong. He even wants to use it for night time too so he can get some better sleep.

Anyone can give me some feedback?

Thanks.

najwee

I don't use a sarong. My personal opinion is that if you use the motorised sarong for the whole night baby might get used to it and will not be able to sleep on their own in the future.

What I normally do when baby is fussy in the early morning is to 1) just ignore baby and they will get the idea that its not time to wake up or 2) give the pacifier to help sooth.

My 2 cents worth!

Thanks.

My bb is now 14 weeks. He still cry at 5 or 6am for don't know what reason. He either has milk at 3 or 4am so that's just 2 hours after his feed. I ignore but the crying gets louder so no choice I attend. This morning I put him to my breasts he drinks milk and he settles. Will try pacifier tml.

macromedia003

My 6th month old baby used to sleep the whole night with the motorised sarong from 2 mths old till recently.
I worry about him being addicted but recently he seems to reject his yaolan at night, so now he is co-sleeping with us on the bed.

I guess they will wean off sarong by themselves when ready. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

i have decided no sarong anymore cos I am concerned abt safety, health, habit... And I also don't know how long more he can sleep in it. So we started retraining him to nap in cot last few days...involve some tears and lots patting and ssshhing but so far so good. And we r travelling in may can't pack sarong with us too don't know how if he used to it...anyway good to train good sleeping habit and self settling on baby esp when young and can't rollover yet.