Mount Alvernia - Feedbacks anybody? Maternity experiences?

Leomaiden

Hi all, I delivered my daughter & son in Mt A. Decided to continue with Mt A as they left me with good impression during my stay after delivering my daughter. The nurses actually brought me cold cabbage to curb my breast engorement.

My son was just delivered in Feb 13. I must say that the nurses and lactation consultant were all very nice, caring and helpful. They would always attend to u whenever u press the assistance bell. They would answer all ur queries and will also help ur baby to latch on properly. During ur stay, if there is parent craft talk, you could also attend without paying any extra fee.

I stayed in a deluxe single room for 4 days and the room bill was abt 5k. Excluding gynae fee. Hubby stayed overnight with me. They could cater meals for hubby for $75 per day. The meals were pretty delicious (according to him).

Parking was slightly a problem. There is valet parking but if all lots are taken up, you could park at McRitchie Reservoir. They provide free shuttle bus to n fro. Waiting time is less than 10mins. Its pretty convenient.

My gynae is Dr H.K Ho n he's pretty popular at Mt A. Paid him additional fee (a few thousand) as I opt for Cesarean Epi at horoscopic timing. He is very good n experience. With his skill, I could get up to walk around on my 2nd day after surgery. And the wound stitches were nicely done up. My scar is not obvious at all.

Overall Mt A still gave me very good impression as compare to TMC.

Hope the infor are useful :)

joeytly

Hi there,

My doctor is Dr CH KOH frm tpy. I will be giving birth at Mount. Alvernia, thinking of getting a normal single ward. Can someone advise me with the charges? Thanks!

Meowmummy

Hi all, I delivered my daughter & son in Mt A. Decided to continue with Mt A as they left me with good impression during my stay after delivering my daughter. The nurses actually brought me cold cabbage to curb my breast engorement.

My son was just delivered in Feb 13. I must say that the nurses and lactation consultant were all very nice, caring and helpful. They would always attend to u whenever u press the assistance bell. They would answer all ur queries and will also help ur baby to latch on properly. During ur stay, if there is parent craft talk, you could also attend without paying any extra fee.

I stayed in a deluxe single room for 4 days and the room bill was abt 5k. Excluding gynae fee. Hubby stayed overnight with me. They could cater meals for hubby for $75 per day. The meals were pretty delicious (according to him).

Parking was slightly a problem. There is valet parking but if all lots are taken up, you could park at McRitchie Reservoir. They provide free shuttle bus to n fro. Waiting time is less than 10mins. Its pretty convenient.

My gynae is Dr H.K Ho n he's pretty popular at Mt A. Paid him additional fee (a few thousand) as I opt for Cesarean Epi at horoscopic timing. He is very good n experience. With his skill, I could get up to walk around on my 2nd day after surgery. And the wound stitches were nicely done up. My scar is not obvious at all.

Overall Mt A still gave me very good impression as compare to TMC.

Hope the infor are useful :)
Hi Leomaiden, this info is very useful, usually u mention about nurses and lactation consultant helping u with breastfeeding. As a 1st time mum, i m totally clueless on how to latch baby.

KiBin

Hi Leomaiden, this info is very useful, usually u mention about nurses and lactation consultant helping u with breastfeeding. As a 1st time mum, i m totally clueless on how to latch baby.
meowmummy, do take note that the lactation consultant visiting you is free during your stay in Mount A. So when you are there after your delivery and have problems with latching, remember to ask all the questions you need. Asking them after your hospital stay will cost $$.

And latching on is not as easy as it seems...

Meowmummy

meowmummy, do take note that the lactation consultant visiting you is free during your stay in Mount A. So when you are there after your delivery and have problems with latching, remember to ask all the questions you need. Asking them after your hospital stay will cost $$.

And latching on is not as easy as it seems...
Pointed noted! thanks

Leomaiden

Hi meow mummy, like kibin mentioned, it's free to consult the lactation consultant during ur stay. Normally only one or two will b gng ard so grab hold of her n ask her to guide u through breastfeeding. Latching is indeed not easy. I'm too, totally clueless during my first pregnancy. But don't worry. The nurse who bring u ur baby will guide u through too. Some baby will learn to latch on faster n some may nd more training. Like my baby boy. Tried for 2 day before he could latch on properly.

Hi joeytly, single room for Mt A ranges from $2290 to $3470. Depending on whether u r gng for normal delivery w or w/o Epi, caesarean w GA or Epi . I have the maternity package brochure with me. If u wana take a look, pm me with ur mobile, I can watsapp u :)

mindyandricky

Hello Everyone !

I am so so so happy to learn that my wife is expecting :) I can't wait to give her a big hug when she returns from her trip.

After reading the Forum posts, we have decided to engage the service of Dr Esther Ng from Mount Alvernia.

Many have advised that it is important to having a caring and patient Gynae, and I hope Dr Esther would be a good choice for us :)

My younger sister delivered 2 cute kids at Mount Alvernia, and this helped our decision.

And now, I am looking forward to seeing the Gynae on Monday 13 May 2013 :)

We are still guessing my wife's pregnancy week ...

Cheers :)

Paigepaige

Hi mummies, I just got an info from my friend who gave birth recently at mount a. When she was admitted to e hospital, they only need your credit card/debit card as a deposit. She did not pay anything after she discharge cus e bill will send it to her house. Anyone can clarify if this is true?

junebug86

Paigepaige:782421 said:
Hi mummies, I just got an info from my friend who gave birth recently at mount a. When she was admitted to e hospital, they only need your credit card/debit card as a deposit. She did not pay anything after she discharge cus e bill will send it to her house. Anyone can clarify if this is true?
Hi Paigepaige,

Yes when I was admitted there last Oct they only took my hubby's credit card details and we have express checkout when I was discharged. They will only charge the bill to the credit card upon final bill whereby they will send a copy to your house also.

Leomaiden

Hi Paigepaige, that's right. Like junebug 86 had mentioned, no cash required. Only nd credit card for payment. Mt A will send u the final bill about 2 weeks later :)

lydlydlyd

Hi All,

Just to share, i just delivered about 3 months back. emergency c-sect, hence 4D3N stay. Bill amounts to about 4k cash for 2 bedded after deducting medisave. The amount included my gynae fee. We did an express check out too and bill was sent to us few weeks later with the charges billed to credit card and therefore no payment was needed.

Nurses are very helpful and attentive and they are a great help if you want to learn how to latch on the baby for breast feeding.

Pumps are also available for rental ($20) if you need to pump due to engorgement. Not advisible to bring your own as you will need to steralise the pumps before use, unless you intend to lug your steraliser along.

Hope the above helps!

KiBin

I do not have credit card. Will they accept debit?
Try calling them and ask... i know credit card they can accept and you just have to provide the details during admission while your wife is in the delivery suite.. nowadays fathers need to do almost all the paperwork.. good luck and have fun.. :)

point to note is if you are going for natural delivery, remember to wear pants or jeans as it can be very cold waiting for your wife to deliver.. you might need a jacket also..

Meowmummy

Last year, Oct when i went to visit my friend in Mount Alvernia, the place is under renovation, is it still under renovation now?[h=2][/h]