Mummies please be more careful when you employ a MAID!!!

JiaMin

Hi mummies, I was watching the news and was traumatised by the incident I saw. Please view the links below and be more aware of the maids in the future. My suggestion is when you employ a maid remember to install hidden cam in your house.

According to the news, the owner hired a maid to look after the baby so that the wifey can go back to work after her confinement period. But little did they know that they are inviting a wolf in sheep skin into their house. In her master's prescence she seems to be a gentle and loving maid. But once her master left the house she start to abuse the baby physically. The owner was shocked by what the maid did and reported to the police. The police are still investigating and the mail is out of bail now.

The links to the video says more then my word.

Link 1:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 1

Link 2:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 2

Link 3:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 3

Link 4:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 4

Link 5:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 5

Link 6:

YouTube - Maid abuse baby 6

I am really disheartened and I feel really sorry for the baby. How can such idiots exist in the world.

Mrs Xie

Yeah, watched the news at channel 8 earlier and went to Youtube.... So cruel and pervertic.... the parents' heart must be brokened and I really couldn't stand the way she treated the poor baby.... Patience is always the main key taking care of a baby but some maids just lack of it.

Last edited:

tiziana

yeah, i saw the news too, the maid is horrible. the baby is only 2 months old and the way she carry the baby up is so inhuman!

i saw she swing the baby in the sarong den the baby got hit abit on the chair leh, but duno its the head anot. zzz.

Nowadays its so difficult to find a good maid.. U will nvr tell their character until u actually stay wif them.. I haf been victimised by maids n maid agy.. Since last yr Sept til now, I have change 4 maids...
1st maid : Mujiati - She has been working wif me since the birth of my 1st child (July 2006).. All along she was a good worker until last Sept'07.. Behaviour and attitude changed when she found out tat I was pregnant wif my 2nd one.. She kept asking for transfer n said she can't cope.. Asked for higher wages, more off days, even bargain tat I employed 2nd maid to assist her after the birth of my 2nd child.. (which me n hubby utterly rejected thru n thru.. Coz somehow she has climbed over our head, even thou I shld admit she is gd wif her work) so we decided to transfer her.. But on the day she was supposed to transfer to another employer (at tat time I haf gotten another transfer maid, 2nd maid : Lasini) Mujiati suddenly felt tat she dun wan to be transfer n wanted to stay put in my plc.. Being 1st time employer, feeling she is remorseful n willing to change her attitude (at the same time we still felt she is a gd worker), we decided to take her back but we haf to cancel her WP and let her return to Indonesia den come back to Singapore n reapply her WP under my hubby' name again (of coz by den we haf to cancel my 2nd maid Lasini's WP). In the process of getting Mujiati's back, we haf to direct hire her wif the help of a maid agy at the cost of $800 (as agreed, we paid half and Mujiati's paid half). So happily after much "Ding Dong" we manage to get her back.. But unfortunately dis time she only used us as a stepping stone to come back to Singapore coz it is cheaper. After 2 mths, she started to make noise n said she wanted to transfer to another employer again.. This time my hubby was furious coz we felt tat she is manipulating us n our feeling, so we really let her transfer.. We gotten our 3rd maid, Tin Tin (Myammar) from J**uzz in Marine Parade, highly recommeding dis maid.. Tot she was more matured (34 yrs old) but after 2 days she gave us problem.. She has attitude problem and dun like us to command n order her to do work. N that is when problem starts to arise.. On X'mas eve, dunno how she look after my 18 mth old DD until she fell n broke her tooth at the lower jaw, we could'nt find the tooth thou, she was bleeding profusely.. Now her tooth is gone, n doctor said no choice but to wait for her 2nd tooth to be out when she is 5, 6 yrs old (hopefully).. Second incident on New Year's eve, again ask her to look after my DD for 5 mins n she actually let my DD to go into the toilet (which is supposed to be closed at all times). Wat was shocking was tat my DD was eating the soap detergent tat was lying on the floor!!! This two incidents really shocked us so we decided to send her back to agy.. But on New Year day itself, we couldn't locate anybody fr agy, so we waited.. (Tat was when my maid threw down a bamboo fr my flat 11th flr!!) After 2 days, we finally sent her back to Agy but due to contract, we r supposed to let Tin Tin find another employer b4 we can get another maid (We found out tat we are her 4th employer since she is here for only 5mths which agy lied abt!!).. Unfortunately God is not on our side, my mum was in Shanghai. my MIL was sick.. So no choice me n hubby haf to apply 2 weeks of leave to look after DD (we rotate taking leave) until my boss was not happy.. Only last Friday, I got my appraisal, suck thru the end..No performance bonus n increment for dis yr.. (sigh)
So finally, 2 weeks was over, Tin Tin found a new employer, and I haf gotten a brand new maid fr Indo (our 4th maid : Linda Wati)..Tele interviewed her.. Can speak ok English, experienced in looking after toddler n baby n oso dogs.. So relieved tat finally tings r gg to go on track den nightmare start to happen AGAIN and AGAIN!! After 1 wk in my plc tat we realised she is very inexperienced in everything.. She has problem understanding English n even Malay (she is always speaking Indonesian to us) She is lazy (she request to wake up at 8am everyday) n a glutton (ate almost all my CNY goodies in one day).. Slow in her work, lied abt everything, worst still no respect.. Me n hubby has to help her to do housework, she refused to look after my 18mth old DD, claiming tat she cant cope.. Everyday me n hubby can only sleep at 1-2am and wake up at 5 coz nid to leave home for work at 6.30am.. Me n hubby rotate to sleep wif DD and feed her at nite n in the morning b4 gg for work.. On top of tat, I m aredi 30wks pregnant!! So tiring.. My MIL has to travel fr Marine Parade every morning at 6am to my plc to monitor on her, worrying tat she will abuse my DD.. (Btw, only last Sunday, we found out that she is actually only 17yrs old wif no experience as maid b4.. Agy n training ctr taught her to lie)And in one occasion, my DD was holding a knife tat my maid Linda has stupidly forgetfully put on the table.. So maddening!! Now we decided to send her back to agy n demand an explanation fr them..
And seems like bad tings nvr stops for us.. Only yesterday we gotten a letter fr MOM informing us tat we haf exceed the number of applications of maids tat we supposed to haf.. And if we want to employ another maid, my hubby nids to sit thru another test and later on den we can only apply another maid (whole process will take another 1 mth's time-which in the process we haf to go w/o maid again) Somemore now we r stuck.. We felt so victimized, cheated by maids n agy.. Frds suggested to go to MP for help to see if MOM can grant us special approval of our case.. Anyone can advise on how we r supposed to do now?? Really at our wits ends.. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veronica

HI Maltese family,

So sad to hear what you have gone through. I guess you are not alone. Nowadays it's a heng suay situation when we pick our maid.

Actually for that 17yr old maid, you could have told the MOM that the information given by your agent was wrong and you had to transfer her out immed as you know it's illegal to employ underaged maid.

I have friends who keep changing maids in one year. Some changed as many as 4 times but I never heard them saying need to sit thru test again. The only thing they ever received from MOM is a warning letter.

You should change agency and demand full refund !!

HI Maltese family,

So sad to hear what you have gone through. I guess you are not alone. Nowadays it's a heng suay situation when we pick our maid.

Actually for that 17yr old maid, you could have told the MOM that the information given by your agent was wrong and you had to transfer her out immed as you know it's illegal to employ underaged maid.

I have friends who keep changing maids in one year. Some changed as many as 4 times but I never heard them saying need to sit thru test again. The only thing they ever received from MOM is a warning letter.

You should change agency and demand full refund !!
Hi Veronica,

We did tot of abt the suggestion as well (gg to MOM), but wat happen if the maid decided to twist her story?? Afterall, watver she said the her age was only verbally.. I haf no hard evidence oso..

JiaMin

Sometimes looking at all this i rather i quit my job... Spend 3 years with my baby till she grows up and send her to childcare to learn things from teachers and social skills.. Maids are really horrible and terrible.. I can't stand them man.. I know one day if i am going to make such decision, it would be hard for my dear too.. But what to do.. Look at these maid.. abusing children and causing harm to them. I rather i be a bit hard on myself like spend lesser time shopping and buying things then to let my child suffer a psychological abuse.

Agnes Josephine

Think that maid doesn't have common sense & general knowledge... She's simply damn inhuman to treat a young & adorable baby like that...

Was so angry & upset when saw the news yesterday... My heart really goes out to the parents of that baby... It must be very very HARD for them to accept the fact that their son was being abused by the maid... just wish that nothing bad will happen to the baby! God bless the baby...

veronica

Yes, I salute the mother for her courage. Afterall not many would want people to know about this. It's not something glamourous but she chose to alert the public. For this, I admire her courage.

I guess they would have phobia hiring a maid again and hope their baby is well.

Friend

Hi,

Even thot we saw cases of abuse of babies, bad news fly fast, but I shld said that there are good maids ard 2. Not all are bad like this.

So, pray hard and good luck to all.

mcqueen

Ya, there are still hv gd maid. Depend on our luck. For my own opinion, I prefer Philipino maid than indo maid as we can see most of abuse cases or a lot of funny cases was happend by indo maid.

simplyjo

Ai yo... I just watched the 1st video my heart already so painful!!! Especially when the baby was yanked up so suddenly!!! How can the maid be so heartless to abuse a little baby like that!!! I don't even want to watch the rest of the videos and see the baby being abused again... Go home must hug hug my girls!!!

I've been soooo fortunate to have my mum looking after my 3 girls since the born of my 1st girl. We have been thinking of getting a maid to help mum cos she also growing older and managing 3 kids is really taxing. But after hearing abt these videos, mum told me forget abt the maid, she rather get headaches then having her 宝贝 kana abused!!! Go home must hug hug my mummy too...

I really hope the little baby has been checked by doctors and is ok now.

Pink daisy

Sometimes looking at all this i rather i quit my job... Spend 3 years with my baby till she grows up and send her to childcare to learn things from teachers and social skills.. Maids are really horrible and terrible.. I can't stand them man.. I know one day if i am going to make such decision, it would be hard for my dear too.. But what to do.. Look at these maid.. abusing children and causing harm to them. I rather i be a bit hard on myself like spend lesser time shopping and buying things then to let my child suffer a psychological abuse.
I totally agree with you.
Quittin' my job to be SAHM...a sacrifice that might well worth it.
I can't never trust maids with my bb, be it all races...I've seen alot of them in & out, just couldn't take chances of leaving 'em with my bb
Bit of advise when agy tells you that the maid oredi hv kids n all...so guarantee they'll be "loving" to your childrn, it's a utter rubbish!
I've seen cases with my relatives and friends that these 'mother maids' are horrid to the hildrn behind your back
Worst if ur child still doesn't know how to express himself
When you decide to engage one, I think one should keep re-affirm where they should stand, and manage the rel'ship business-like

Yan

Dear Mothers,

I mentioned in my other thread that I had used so many maids and none was good enough.I ended up becomes the maid.I don't think maid is suitable to take care of our babies,better to entrust those housewives who do babysitting at home than to trust a maid.

When I saw the news about the maid abused the baby,I felt angry and sad.Angry with the maid action and sad because the baby is so small and defendless,my heart reach out to the parents.:eek:10:

homeechin

Re: Web Cam

Hi Mummies,

I'm a FTWM with 2 young children aged 4 and 2.5 who have installed 2 web cam in my house. I thought it'd be good to share with you all the following before you finally decide to install the web cam:-

(1) Check whether your company blocks video streaming - If yes, you can't view the real-time video/movement of happenings at home. You can either record the selected/entire day's happenings via your software at your home computer, or do snapshots of movements as and when you want.

(2) Maids may purposely avoid areas which the web cam covers, unless you want to install 1 web cam in every single room, hall etc. Do think of possible privacy intrusion of yourself (if you decide to install in rooms) if anyone get access to your password or through other means. For me, I have no idea how and where to hide my web cam cuz they are not super tiny (I use Linksys DCS-2120). So, my web cam are installed at the knowledge of my maid.

My web cams now serve more like a "spot check cam" on my maid who is alone at home during the day (soon, no more maid....yeah!). I send my kids to full-day childcare as soon as they are ready (18-19 months) and honestly, I feel a million times more assured that way than to keep them at home. I don't trust maids to love and take care of them as if they are their own.

Something to share with you all fellow mummies who often times, like me, are forced to "no choice situation" and have to rely on maids during certain phases of our lives. Sigh.....

Mummy Denise