Mummy's I need ur help!

Hi Mummy's,
my son will be starting his K1 afternoon classes from 2nd jan nxt year. Timing is abt 1pm to 5pm. All these while he is at home kid. So i am worried and tensed tht how he will cope in PCF al of a sudden. To those mummy whose kids going to PCF hows ur childs reaction? And wht r the things i have to pack for him? How is the break time going to be like? Can you help me? I am like totally confused and clueless. How abt his afternoon nap? As he cnt take his nap will he be ok?

Usually he wakes up at 9-10am in the morning. Thn will have breakfast. His lunch time is from 2-3pm. Thn his nap time ... So i dnt knw how to chng this timing... And i dint choose morning hr as he has hard time waking up in the morning!

Ur answers will help me alot!!! Thxx mummys

Justina

I think it is not difficult to adjust because whatever new time that you intro to him, he will eventually get used to it. Say, he wakes up at 10am (hopefully late because he will skip nap). Then you only need to give him light breakfast followed by lunch, probably 12plus so that he can be at school by 1pm. This depends on his speed of eating and distance to school which takes up travel time.
After school he might be slightly tired but you can keep him occupied with activities. Try to put him to bed early as possible, maybe 9pm.

I think you can start this schedule 1-2 weeks before school reopens and train him to drop his nap.

In his bag, you just need a water bottle. You can pack light meal like cereal or bread because PCF will have snack time in between the 4-hour program. Having said that, you can still encourage your child to take school food because they might cook porridge, macaroni or similar food. Other that, he will carry Communication Book to scgool daily. If your child is already fully toilet train, need not worry about accidents. Otherwise, you can pack extra set of pants.

Don't worry at all because there are many other K1 students who is in 1-5pm session and able to skip their nap. Good luck! :)

I think it is not difficult to adjust because whatever new time that you intro to him, he will eventually get used to it. Say, he wakes up at 10am (hopefully late because he will skip nap). Then you only need to give him light breakfast followed by lunch, probably 12plus so that he can be at school by 1pm. This depends on his speed of eating and distance to school which takes up travel time.
After school he might be slightly tired but you can keep him occupied with activities. Try to put him to bed early as possible, maybe 9pm.

I think you can start this schedule 1-2 weeks before school reopens and train him to drop his nap.

In his bag, you just need a water bottle. You can pack light meal like cereal or bread because PCF will have snack time in between the 4-hour program. Having said that, you can still encourage your child to take school food because they might cook porridge, macaroni or similar food. Other that, he will carry Communication Book to scgool daily. If your child is already fully toilet train, need not worry about accidents. Otherwise, you can pack extra set of pants.

dont't worry at all because there are many other K1 students who is in 1-5pm session and able to skip their nap. Good luck! :)

Thank u mummy. Hopefully he will be able to adapt with the environment soon...