My 1yr old refused to hold bottle by himself!

pkshl

me & my mil had been teaching my son to hold milk bottle when he was 7mths old but he will refuse to hold, & if we encourage him to hold he will throw temper & rather not drink his milk if we were to make him hold bottle. endup now he is already 1yr + he still duno how to hold bottle. my mil said everyday she teach my son to hold but he refused & throw temper.

mummies any advise for me? how to make my son hold bottle by himself?

Phoebii Cheng

me & my mother in law had been teaching my son to hold milk bottle when he was 7mths old but he will refuse to hold, & if we encourage him to hold he will throw temper & rather not drink his milk if we were to make him hold bottle. endup now he is already 1yr + he still dont know how to hold bottle. my mother in law said everyday she teach my son to hold but he refused & throw temper.

mummies any advise for me? how to make my son hold bottle by himself?

Hi pkshl,

I think if your son throws tantrums like tht, then don't force him at the moment first, then wait a few days later try again...keep on trying then he will one day be able to hold his own bottle....

My method to train my son is when he want to drink milk, normally I ask my son to lie down on the mattress, then I put the bottle to his mouth, after tht I will let go, he no choice but to hold his own......

Don't stress yourself too much, my son was not able to drink from straw till abt 20mths...cos' we tried training him but somehow it just did not happen, then when he enter into PG that's where he became independent and learnt how to eat by himself and everything.....:tlaugh:

Jia you!

sugarcookie

My child is almost 15mths and can't hold her milk bottle either.

She can hold her Mag mag straw cup and drink from it on her own though.

Guess we just have to be patient and keep trying...

Ting

cant, n refuse is diff lehs..
if can hold other thing except btl, then shld be REFUSE to hold cos plain lazy.
pin held her own btl (small avent one) from roughly 4-5 mths (iirc) onwards.
after tt, no one held her btl for anymore.

pkshl

my mil said my son is lazy & dun want to hold bottle. he will hold other things like toys, pacifier, etc but he juz refused to hold bottle.

the worst is he is so lazy to hold a strawberry & eat, he juz put it on the table & lower his head to eat. my mil was saying why he so lazy until like that..sign...

TANZHENZHI

haha really too lazy le. I think you can do like what phoebii suggest, just leave the milk to him and it's up to him to drink or to starve.

TANZHENZHI

Your son so diff, my son holds on to everything whatever we eat. He's so curious and always look at us in a innocent ways and wanting to snatch the foods from us. :001_302: Have to keep reminding your son to hold on his own.

Gumi

Hi pkshl
u are not alone cos my son is also like that, I must admit that he is lazy.

He can take all things, even a small tag on the floor, but he just don't want to hold his own milk bottle. Even if he holds it, it will be less than 5 minutes and he will start playing with it :eek:15:

Anyway, no choice, we just got to keep trying and guiding him the way.

Ting

actually holding btl also no need to teach. pkshl, cos from young alr give him the habit of letting u all hold the btl for him, tts why now he bcomes so lazy n dependent.
best is to just give him the food/milk n let him self feed.
now only 1 yr plus so lazy, next time when he grows up then??

NIisme

My girl now 2mths plus, around when she was a month plus, I started to put her hands on the bottle while feeding her on the mattress. Even now she still not strong enough to hold herself, but now she will like support a lil using her fist. Cos I normally won't hold her bottle to feed her de. I usually use a pillow to support the bottle den go do my things. So when bottle dropping, she will try her best to push it back, even most of the time she failed. But still great try for her age. :)

apollo

my boy also lik that when he was slighlty younger. he will hold for a few sec den let go, if not, keep turn the bottle. only until recently den he is willing to hold thru out the whole milk feed esp when he is hungry.

but during tt time when he refuse to hold bottle, he wont throw tantrum at us, he still will drink the milk just tt he will clench his fist v tightly.

side track abit, u were saying u letting let him hold a strawberry or sth? rmb to cut into small pieces =)