my 3rd son have a bad breath.. iz too heaty?

EforEileen

HI Mummies & daddies,

My 2 yrs old ds keep havin bad breath. Whenever Im he is tokin near me I can smell it and his lips are always veri red.

Iz a sign of too "heaty"?

Are there other way of reducing the "heat" other than let him drink barley drink or the chinese medi 'ling yang'?

my kids dislike to drink the 'ling yang' as it got a weird smell and I heard that barley drink can cause alot of phlegm...

wat other kinds of food or drink can reduce "heat"?

Thank you!!

`julee

er wat i tink of bad breath is that because of the tounge.. my dd tounge is super dirty and she will have bad breath. then i will brush it off and then okay liao...

aby

Make brushing the tonue a daily habit..

To reduce heatiness, plenty of plain water, fruits or even "3 legged" water (follow the dosage) helps!!

aby

Hi, u may wanna use a cloth to wrap around ur index finger to wipe for ur kids.. Some kiddy toothbrush has soft bristle for tongue scub purpose .. My ger just uses the toothbrush itself to gently brush her tongue as her toothbrush desn't has the extra features..

xiaodaisy

dere a type of brushing e tongue wan.. i donno wats tat called plastic wan like a ruler de.. or maybe u can let him eat fruit or drink juices.. watermelon or coconut.. or rather u can brew soup for him, lao huang hua or dong gua soup..

EforEileen

dere a type of brushing e tongue wan.. i donno wats tat called plastic wan like a ruler de.. or maybe u can let him eat fruit or drink juices.. watermelon or coconut.. or rather u can brew soup for him, lao huang hua or dong gua soup..
wats lao huang hua? I guess his bad breath comes from heaty cos he begin to cough alot n veri badly tis few days. Being feedin him western medicine, so iz ok to let him drink those chinese herb durin the time he is on medication??

maybe he is...
or if not, it might be bcos of the decay of tooth/teeth.

my son also has bad breath sometimes..
most prob bcos he snacks too much..
so i will get the maid to brew Barley for him.

EforEileen

maybe he is...
or if not, it might be bcos of the decay of tooth/teeth.

my son also has bad breath sometimes..
most prob bcos he snacks too much..
so i will get the maid to brew Barley for him.
tink mine not tooth decay bah.. cos he havnt fully grow all the teeth and i seldom gif him sweets..

xiaodaisy

wats lao huang hua? I guess his bad breath comes from heaty cos he begin to cough alot n veri badly tis few days. Being feedin him western medicine, so iz ok to let him drink those chinese herb durin the time he is on medication??
paiseh its lao huang gua.. i tink better not mixed together cos in case he get tummy upset as kids donno can take it or not.. if not will cause him to vomit n lao sai..

yeye

Make brushing the tonue a daily habit..

To reduce heatiness, plenty of plain water, fruits or even "3 legged" water (follow the dosage) helps!!

not advisable..

daily brushing of tongue may damage the nerve on the tongue.. amking kiddo will have tasting problems

leesm105

hmm.. China barley, 7-star tea, "kek hui" with yang shen xu are ok for todd. Don't add too much sugar for them, once a week will not cause phlegm.
bad breath mainly cause the stomach problem. food in stomach while process or so called indigestion, gas that cannot be let go properly will turn up way which cause bad breath. More water is important, variety of fruits (every kid react differently to different fruits), avoid those that cause phlegm to your kids. E.g. my son can takes orange, stawberry, grapes w/o problem but not my dd.

yeye

oh iz? den clean once a week?
actually is never as it wont help much..
the harm will be more then the help...
as the pores on the tongue is too tiny and the brush is too big

bad breathe can be due to several factors
1) intestinal health no good.. with kiddos chances slim
2) having inflame throat... need docter help not brushing tongue
3) bad oral hygiene poor.. making bacteria striving in mouth and the bad breathe is actually the bacteria
there is a trick......buy from pharamacy med name (i think is spell as leotal forte) use 20~30ml water disolve med and slowly feed kiddos abit at a time. 1 day 2 times..
this med is actually a med for LS...it workd wonders..after a day or 2.. kiddos breathe smell very nice

xiaodaisy

something like chn herbs like tat in a bottle wan .. but don tink ur kid will like cos smelly, i oso buay tahan it.. haha