diorly

Yes, i agreed with other mommies. In the long run, she is going to suffer in terms of emotionally. Will other kids laugh at her? How will she feel? Yes you have to let her learn it the hard way... Thats why when young you dont train, when they grow up its even harder.

katytan

Yes, i agreed with other mommies. In the long run, she is going to suffer in terms of emotionally. Will other kids laugh at her? How will she feel? Yes you have to let her learn it the hard way... Thats why when young you dont train, when they grow up its even harder.
Ha, see, someone else agrees with me...
Mum3, you are too soft on her.

Potty training need to practice. How to practice if she always have a pamper there to catch everything?
She is primary 6 now.. Definitely wayyyyyy past time to be potty trained...
Dont tell me you will be sending her to secondary school in pampers?
What next? Marry wearing pampers????

Imom

When my girl is 4 she's still in diapers but sometimes she would alert us that she wants to go pee or poo. She's already in Nursery 2. And 1 fine day she suddenly told me, mummy I don't want pampers. Yes she does soil once a while pee but I always make sure bring extra pants out and plastic bags.
Every kid is different, some can potty trained early some can't, some are more smart than others, some are cuter than others, and some can use soft approach while some you just have to do it the old traditional way.
My point is, whatever above kind your kid is, end of the day, it's your kid.
I do feel you are trying to help your daughter, but probably you need to try a bit harder. Don't find or give excuses for both you and your daughter. Like scared she soil the sofa or bed or floor. Soil then clean up. How hard can it be. Got poop on floor just use toilet paper pick up and mop it. Ask yourself which is more important? Your daughter well being or cleanliness of your furniture?
Wish you luck and may your daughter and you both succeed.

matty

hi mum3, its been awhile, just wondering how things are, is your daughter still wearing diapers?

katytan

Wow, i am surprised that this thread is still on the front page after 3-4 years.

So, it looks like there is a upper secondary school girl somewhere still wearing pampers to school...

I hope that she has at least mastered pooing.
There is no way to hide it if she poo her pampers in school because it will be too smelly. But maybe she can have a normalish live if she can control her poo. Peeing only should be ok as long as her pampers dont leak. Or dont smell too much like pee....

Kalrsa

Hi mummies,
My daughter is turning 4 soon, she recently had UTI. Luckily with medicines, she has recovered although she needs to go for a check up in 6 months time. Her doc says i need to give her lots of water and medicine to make her poo daily so that she won't have constipation, it causes her UTI. another thing is, sometimes, she controls her urine even though i tell her not too. I would bring her to the toilet even though she struggles. If lucky, she will pee. If not, she will refuse until it's her bath time than she will pee. Sometimes, she would pee alot in her diapers, other times, i have to tell her nicely to pee and not control, than she''ll cooperate.. she is starting school in jan, for a long time, i've already told her that if you need to pee or poo, you must let your teacher know. We even role play it a number of times. I'm just worried when she starts school, she will forget and start to control again. Should i let her wear or not wear diapers when she is at school? If she controls, her UTI will be back. On the other hand, if she wear diapers, will she learn to let the teacher knows that she needs to pee and poo?

katytan

Hi Kalsa,

You should not let your daughter wear pampers to school. She needs to learn how to go to the toilet and tell her teacher that she needs to go.

She is just going to grow dependent on pampers if she keeps wearing them. What if she still needs pampers in primary or secondary school? It will be an disaster!

Pia Wong

Hello! I'm new here and just read this thread. I agree with some of the parents here that she needs to learn how to use the toilet independently soon. How is she now?

Penny0716

Hi mum3! Just came across this thread. How is your daughter now? I hope she had a smooth transition from wearing pampers to being completely free from them.