My baby boy likes to squeeze his private part..

Girafee

hi, all,

My baby boy is 8 months old, recently i noticed he likes to grab/scatch his penis whenever i change his diaper or bath him. And sometimes he just hold his penis in his hand like squeeze it, i am worried that he may use too much strength and may hurt his precious "didi". My hubby said may be he feel itchy. I have applied diaper cream and change the diaper immediately whenever her has urine.

Not sure he is just curious about that part or he really feel itchy? Not sure does your babay boy has this bad habit? Plse share.

potato

My baby girl likes to pinch her ownself too.. She can pinch until it's red? I think it's due to self exploration? I'm not sure why also..

maybe exploring and just a phase? hehe

dont know whether its urinary tract infection. i guess if no swelling and redness, no crying during urinating, etc. then it shouldnt be an urgent worry. but when u bring baby for vaccination or developmental assessment, just check with the pd or doc for a piece of mind.

mean time.... why dont u go get a squeezy toy for replacement? :shyxxx:

hakisumi

My hubby fren son also Like "pluck grapes" when I ask my mum she told me it's prob itchy..u may need to pull the fore skin to clean it,u try see will he still grab grapes...

As for ger ger ...I m not sure...maybe also itchy ???

then maybe usually is grapes always no entry by diapers,hence prob when exposed like during bath time n diaper change time...it's grab grapes time!! Hehe

kenxf_03

hi, all,

My baby boy is 8 months old, recently i noticed he likes to grab/scatch his penis whenever i change his diaper or bath him. And sometimes he just hold his penis in his hand like squeeze it, i am worried that he may use too much strength and may hurt his precious "didi". My hubby said may be he feel itchy. I have applied diaper cream and change the diaper immediately whenever her has urine.

Not sure he is just curious about that part or he really feel itchy? Not sure does your babay boy has this bad habit? Plse share.
Hi Mummy Girafee,

This is also wat happened to my dear son!!! :embarrassed:

I used to worry if he's having infection or wat. But he didnt crank or fuss when he urines.. Hb said it could be he's self exploration due to his curiousity.

I also not sure y he will hv such action..

Domique

its most prob a phrase only.
Alaric been through it too and I did check with PD and he did mention that they are just exploring their body...

:)

any infection will start off with fever... so no worries...

for me I pay no attention to him but just remove his hand and distract him...

A_LIM

hi, all,

Yes my first son also did this a lot. The doctor said he was itchy because it was not clean under the foreskin. As he grew he started to have severe infections. Has your son been Circumcised? If not maybe it is an idea to consider it now he is young enough not to feel much pain. In the end my son was circumcised at around 4 years, it was really bad for him then. We had my second son circumcised at birth and no grabing, scratching, or infections occured.

Last edited:

foscom

Yes my first son also did this a lot. The doctor said he was itchy because it was not clean under the foreskin. As he grew he started to have severe infections. Has your son been Circumcised? If not maybe it is an idea to consider it now he is young enough not to feel much pain. In the end my son was circumcised at around 4 years, it was really bad for him then. We had my second son circumcised at birth and no grabing, scratching, or infections occured.
Yeah lah. My son who was circumcised never grabed or scratched, but my friends boy who was not circumcised use to do it all the time. When he was about 10 months old he finally got a mild infection and she got him circumcised. After that never grabed or scratched any more. Doctor said he use to grab because it was itchy because not clean inside the foreskin, and this finally lead to the infection.

Last edited:

uddermummy

Most bbs are curious with their bodies and are just exploring their bodies when they touch their privates. Nothing wrong with that, just that we may have to teach them when they're older that it's not polite to do that in company. :p

C_Ang

Some babies are curious, but in some cases especially boys it can be that they are itchy . I have noticed this happens a lot to boys that have not been circumcised. My son has been circumcised shortly after birth and he never plays with his privates. My two brothers have boys and I notices both grabbed their privates when the got a chance. One of my brothers noticed he could not pull down the foreskin to clean and he got his boy circumcised at 1 year. My other brother noticed his boy kept grabbing at 6 months and at 18 months an infection happened and he then got his son be circumcised. After this they both stopped playing with their privates and were much happier

out of interest your son been circumcised?

Last edited: