My baby is 4 months, but the wound from first shot is still beeding...

iliana

Hi moms!
My baby is about 4 months old. Her wound from the first shot started bleeding a long time ago, and now it's still bleeding after shower. Looks like the wound is never dry!

We asked her pediatrician who told us that it's normal. The first shot always brings problem. And it takes time to heal.

However, it's almost 4 months! Is there any mother having the same problem? What else can I do except applying the small bottle of antibiotic powder got from the hospital to the wound?

Thank you very much!

Iliana

uddermummy

You're talking about the BCG shot on the butt? If you are, it's normal, and it will take a few months for the wound to completely heal.

You'll have to make sure you clean the area well during baths and nappy changes, and try to keep it dry as much as possible. If you want to, can put a waterproof plaster on that area.

My girl's wound took a few months to completely heal.

CocoaBear

Pus might come out for BCG, don't poke it. My hubby don't know go poke and squeeze pus out, blood come out.

Doctor advise not poke it, but too late.

thepinkdot

if the wound doesnt heal in a long run, best go see a doc.. it might mean there's an allergy reaction to the BCG.

apollo

I gave birth at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, what about you apollo mummy?
i gave birth at TMC. =)

Pus might come out for BCG, dont't poke it. My hubby dont't know go poke and squeeze pus out, blood come out.

ya cannot poke.. the hospital gave me a slip of paper stating 'what to expect' on the BCG area and was warned not to 'provoke' it. got once i accidently poke it too and saw the hole! quickly called up pd and the nurse say is okay but dont paste plastic or apply anything..

iliana

We didn't poke either, but during one bath the pus and blood came out and the wound is open... till now. :(

Pus might come out for BCG, dont't poke it. My hubby dont't know go poke and squeeze pus out, blood come out.

adelynn

if u deliver at KKH and want to have the BCG on the butt instead of the arms you can actually request for it, but you would need to sign a letter of disclaimer and consent that you requested for the BCG on the butt.

The reason is that the BCG vaccine would not be as 'effective' if given on the butt as compared to the arm; for some reason.

I did that for my girl, didn't want her to have a scar on her arm.
It's a small small scar at her butt, so small i spent the first few days looking for it

iliana

So lucky your baby girl!
The wound on my daughter's butt is not small at all. And I think it will be obvious when it turns out to be a scar later. But it's okay since it's on butt... Just wish the wound can be healed soon.

if you deliver at Kandang Kerbau Hospital and want to have the BCG on the butt instead of the arms you can actually request for it, but you would need to sign a letter of disclaimer and consent that you requested for the BCG on the butt.

The reason is that the BCG vaccine would not be as 'effective' if given on the butt as compared to the arm; for some reason.

I did that for my girl, didn't want her to have a scar on her arm.
It's a small small scar at her butt, so small i spent the first few days looking for it

adelynn

So lucky your baby girl!
The wound on my daughter's butt is not small at all. And I think it will be obvious when it turns out to be a scar later. But it's okay since it's on butt... Just wish the wound can be healed soon.
My PD was telling me that each baby's scar would look different, heal different and healing duration would be different becuz every baby's body is different. But she also say it may seem BIG to you now but when she grow up it will be hardly even there!

I remember the nurse telling me to 'air' the wound if i can and keep the area dry. If all else fail, there is this 'antiseptic' that has a 'drying' effect to help fasten the healing process. ask for PD about it :)

iliana

Thank you very much! Looks like I must be more patient...

My pediatrician was telling me that each baby's scar would look different, heal different and healing duration would be different becuz every baby's body is different. But she also say it may seem BIG to you now but when she grow up it will be hardly even there!

I remember the nurse telling me to 'air' the wound if i can and keep the area dry. If all else fail, there is this 'antiseptic' that has a 'drying' effect to help fasten the healing process. ask for pediatrician about it :)