My Baby is sick...Help...

november

My baby has been having diarrhea for the past 3 days. Now his small little buttock is bleeding from too much cleaning. He is crying so badly everytime we need to clean him up, my heart so pain to see his buttock skin come falling off.

Already went to see doctor and taking medicine, but i guess the medicine taste awful, he doesn't like it. Gave him drink rice water and replaced his milk with soy milk as well.

Any other more ideas fm mummies here to ease the pain?

And also, can i ask, Is it normal for him to pass out the spinach that i feed him 2 times a day?

To make my heartpain worse, last night, he lost his voice. What other ways to cure baby sore throat?

apollo

My baby has been having diarrhea for the past 3 days. Now his small little buttock is bleeding from too much cleaning. He is crying so badly everytime we need to clean him up, my heart so pain to see his buttock skin come falling off.

Already went to see doctor and taking medicine, but i guess the medicine taste awful, he doesn't like it. Gave him drink rice water and replaced his milk with soy milk as well.

And also, can i ask, Is it normal for him to pass out the spinach that i feed him 2 times a day?

To make my heartpain worse, last night, he lost his voice. What other ways to cure baby sore throat?
did ur pd prescribe any cream for him? tt time ds had constipation den to diarrhoea, his butt slightly bleed too.. we applied a THICK layer of desitin for that 1-2 days aft EVERY diaper change and change his diaper every 2-3hrs even it was not full..

and maybe u can cook some barley water by using China barley? we cook that for ds once in awhile esp when he seems heaty..

and i think it is quite normal for baby to pass out spinach n carrots, ds also .. hehe :tlaugh:

Hi there....

I know how you feel.... my twins have diahreoa not too long ago....

They also have very red red bum bum, bcos the poo poo is acidic and burn their delicate skin, apply thicker layer of nappy cream after each wash, i use desitin nappy cream (purple color) very good cream.

Actually, there is another nappy cream which i find better "Bepanthen Antiseptic Diaper Rash and Nipple Care Cream" but not selling in Singapore. If you know anybody in Aust, try to get it. Very good too.

I gave them Friso Soy as prescribed by the pediatrician... also give your baby plenty of water to replenish water loss in passing watery poo poo.

As for baby w diahreoa, stop giving them leafy vegetables until they are better, give your baby potatoes and carrots and slowly return to normal diet when baby is well. Also, during this period give baby meat with less oil content like chicken breast or fish (avoid codfish as it has higher content of oil).

Hug hug to baby and mommy. :wong19:

Phoebii Cheng

Its normal tht ur bb will pass out the spinach tht he has eaten cos' bb stomach still v small, cannot fully digest the food that they hv eaten.....

Mayb to ease the pain u might want to soak his butt in warm water and slowly clean it when he soil his diaper? at least it will ease the pain a bit, cos' normally if we change using wet wipes all the rubbing will cause the skin to be red

Hi there....

I know how you feel.... my twins have diahreoa not too long ago....

They also have very red red bum bum, bcos the poo poo is acidic and burn their delicate skin, apply thicker layer of nappy cream after each wash, i use desitin nappy cream (purple color) very good cream.

Actually, there is another nappy cream which i find better "Bepanthen Antiseptic Diaper Rash and Nipple Care Cream" but not selling in Singapore. If you know anybody in Aust, try to get it. Very good too.

I gave them Friso Soy as prescribed by the pediatrician... also give your baby plenty of water to replenish water loss in passing watery poo poo.

As for baby w diahreoa, stop giving them leafy vegetables until they are better, give your baby potatoes and carrots and slowly return to normal diet when baby is well. Also, during this period give baby meat with less oil content like chicken breast or fish (avoid codfish as it has higher content of oil).

Hug hug to baby and mommy. :wong19:
also, to avoid friction to the bum bum, use water to clean instead of wet wipes. I will wash their bum bum with warm water..using show head and rub gently w little bit of baby bath and pat dry w towel. Always rmbr to put generous layer of nappy cream ....

diymummy

Agree with Cath & Ray over what not to feed.

Usually it will take a few days for the diarrhea to heal. When my boy had diarrhea, I dropped one solid feed and replaced with milk so that he is adequately hydrated.

Mummy to Baby V

Using water to wash bums is much gentler than wet wipes (which contain chemicals that may sting broken skin. Ouch!). We use cloth wipes + water at home, very soft on baby's delicate skin. Reviewed here: Wahmies Multi-Purpose Cloth Wipes |

Bepanthen Ointment (non-antiseptic) is easily available in pharmacies and is rather good. Reviewed here: Bepanthen Ointment (Nappy Rash) |

Cloth diapers also help bums bums with rash / broken skin heal faster due to no chemicals and breathability. Reviewed here: Moo Moo Kow? One-Size Cloth Diapers |

Hope your young one recover soon...

catherlyn

Hw abt using wet cotton wool? My mil will go to the Chinese medicated shop to buy 1 big roll then we will cut into smaller pieces. Afterwhich we will soak in water, squeeze it semi dry n keep in container. Use it to clean dear ger buttock when changing. Wet wipe only use when outside

Hw about using wet cotton wool? My mother in law will go to the Chinese medicated shop to buy 1 big roll then we will cut into smaller pieces. Afterwhich we will soak in water, squeeze it semi dry n keep in container. Use it to clean dear ger buttock when changing. Wet wipe only use when outside
Yes, using cotton soaked in warm water is good too.... i used this method when cleaning my boys after they poo poo at home since newborn, this method not only gentle to baby bottom also more economical than using wet wipes....of coz when outside will use wet wipes.

i switch to washing their bottom with shower head in the toilet when they can stand with support on my lap...

Mummy to Baby V

When the infection leaves the throat, the soreness will go away and voice will return. Give the baby's body time to heal.

When my boy tried to shout with his husky voice, i'd 'shhh...' him straightaway. For young baby, don't let her cry, soothe her straightaway to prevent straining of the voice box.