My boy loves to bite people! Help!

edna

Hi mummies..my boy is coming to 9 months...he has 6 teeth now. Recently, he started to bite people. When I am carrying him, he will bite my shoulder..its not a light bite..he will bite real hard...the teeth mark is very deep even though there is a layer of shirt to protect...

If I scold him..he will cry loudly...:nah:

Elaine35

buy some teething rings for him to gnaw on.. maybe dun scold him harshly lah, afterall he's biting not because he wants to but because his gums r itchy. nstead, tell him firmly that biting is not acceptable behaviour, den take a teething ring and put into his mouth, and teaching him to bite on that instead.

dun see baby small small, they understand in their own baby way too.

AugBoyz

i agree with Elaine :) Try the teething rings or cooling teethers etc.

Alternatively, when u carry him, try to carry him facing front, so he cannot sink his 6 little teeth into your poor shoulder.

WOW 9 mths n 6 teeth!!! My 11+ mths son only have 4 teeth -_-

renaong

Hi,

my daughter also like to bite people now, I give her the teething biscuit (quite hard type) and hankie to bite.

wah yr son have 6 teeths already ah, my daughter now 14 months only have 4 teeths

:err:

edna

He has 4 teeth on the top and 2 teeth below...tho he has so many teeth...we still have to grind the porridgge,meat and vege he eats. After cooking everything in the slow cooker..still have to grind them else he will like want to puke.

The strange thing is he can eat biscuits!! Even tho the biscuits are hard..he can bite them into small pieces and chew everything up...:elvis:

AugBoyz

hi edna, u have to train ur boy to start eating porridge or food with coarse texture. My son initially will oso give the puke face or action when he ate the minced meat in the porridge. but we fed him slowly, let him "chew" the food slowly n get used to swollowing it. Now my son can even eat rice :)

As u mentioned, if he can eat the biscuits, he definately can get used to the minced meat etc. Try n be patient n ur grinding days will be over.

`julee

:p my girl onli bites wen she is angry or not satisfied... worst thing is she bite "small" which hurts. for my daughter its jus some attitude prob... :we2Randy-git:

i agree for letting the child jus bite into teething rings.. edna, thats very fast for ur bb to hav so many teeth liao.. :D