My boy still want to poo in his diaper

SunShine07

Hi mummy, anyone encounter this. I have tried hard to toilet train my boy. Passing urine is perfectly ok, but when poo poo, he would wait to wear his diaper then poo, if not he won't poo for the whole day!:embarrassed:

I don't know how to toilet train him with his poo poo.

Any mummy got experience in this?

Hi mummy, anyone encounter this. I have tried hard to toilet train my boy. Passing urine is perfectly ok, but when poo poo, he would wait to wear his diaper then poo, if not he won't poo for the whole day!:embarrassed:

I dont't know how to toilet train him with his poo poo.

My nephew is exactly like this. The parents are facing the same problem. Would like to know too how other mommies manage this.

SunShine07

Sigh, my boy control his poo the whole day (his usual is to poo about 3 times a day) and whole day don't wanna poo, then he complain that he stomach pain yesterday, but refused to poo and really wait till night time 9 pm when he is supposed to sleep, i wear his diaper on, then he poo.......

Sigh.........

Previously my nephew would wait for his parents to help him put on his diaper before he goes to sleep then he will poo. If not he will not poo the whole day

After a while, he will say he wants to nap so that they will put the diaper on him. then he will poo but he'll not nap. So his mummy told him cannot lie.

Now, he will just run round the house screaming for diaper when he wants to poo.

But for urinating, he can go to the toilet.

SunShine07

Previously my nephew would wait for his parents to help him put on his diaper before he goes to sleep then he will poo. If not he will not poo the whole day

After a while, he will say he wants to nap so that they will put the diaper on him. then he will poo but he'll not nap. So his mummy told him cannot lie.

Now, he will just run round the house screaming for diaper when he wants to poo.

But for urinating, he can go to the toilet.
SAME!!! how old is ur nephew? was it becos he dun like to see his poo, cos my son like feel very digusted to see his own poo in the porty:tlaugh:

SAME!!! how old is your nephew? was it becos he dont like to see his poo, cos my son like feel very digusted to see his own poo in the porty:tlaugh:
my nephew is 3yrs old now. Not sure if he doesn't like to see his poo. But his parents tried changing different potty but didn't work.

nurman02

my nephew is 3yrs old now. Not sure if he doesn't like to see his poo. But his parents tried changing different potty but didn't work.
oh my, my der daughter is 3 yrs old too... can pee in toilet but not poo... i need some advice too.... mummies out there who hav successfully trained their child, pls give us some tips...

SunShine07

Oh....i tot of buying a bigger potty for him, cos i tot he might not feel confortable as the current potty too small.....:nah:

for me im facing a prob totally opposite. my girl can poo in the toilet but cannot urine in the toilet. previously she can but now she always say she doesn't want to pee in the toilet.

over the weekend, i got her to put on panties. she went to pee on the floor, carpet, playroom...list goes on. now got her to wear pull-ups again. but she still won't tell me when she wants to pee...

CanCanMum

Baber hates his potty when he needs to poooo

he can sit there for so long but nothing comes out

surprising he prefers the toilet bowl zzzzzzzzzzzzz

when he was younger, i need hold him

nowadays he uses his arms to "support' himself

have u started wearing underwear for him? Or still using pull-ups?

SunShine07

i tried letting him to sit on the 'adult' toilet bowl, tried to distract him by letting him watch his favourite video clip, but he just refused to sit on them to poo...he would keep crying n crying till he vomit out....

sigh, headache leh

CanCanMum

i tried letting him to sit on the 'adult' toilet bowl, tried to distract him by letting him watch his favourite video clip, but he just refused to sit on them to poo...he would keep crying n crying till he vomit out....

sigh, headache
aiyozzz *sayangs*

have u tried telling him only big boys poo in toilet bowl/potty? Small boi uses diapers?

heeeeee

coz Baber used to seeing us sitting on toilet bowls to pooo, so he oso folo lOlzzzzzzzz

sharonyi66

I dont't know how to toilet train him with his poo poo.

I got exactly the same problem with you, and i faced this problem everyday for 4 years...

My elder girl is 4yrs 8mths old as of this month and she only stop this habit end of last year...

No matter what matter i tried, it just doesn't work. P/s: all these years i only use 'soft' tactics. I even asked her school teacher for help to bring her to toilet but in vain........(by e way, last time she ONLY pee at hme, not outside, poo in the diaper and oso only at hme). The school teacher even asked me to bring her to see a psychiatrist..

Only until last year I really buai tahan and I know i can no longer use the soft tactic anymore so infront of her and eveybody in the family, i threw all the diapers into the bin and told her very stern that she is a big girl already, must learn to poo in either the potty or the toilet bowl. If she still doesnt want then she can by all means poo on the floor, i dun care.

for the 1st 2 days, she wanted to poo but dare not to use the potty or toilet bowl so she endured.. until the 3rd day she really cannot tahan and she poo her 1st pooooo out into the potty.. the whole family praised her and brought her to eat food tat she love and oso let her choose to buy a toy. From then on, she poo on her potty and until recently, she 'upgrade' to poo in the toilet bowl.

i dun really encourage ppl to use this hard tactic BUT sometimes when there's really nothing else works.... this might end up be a good choice.

it's all depends on yrself, how well u understand yr own child and how well yr child understand u..

as for me, i knw that sometimes my girl will only give in to the hard ways and she also understands that her mummy (me) say NO means NO and when i throw, I really throw EVERY SINGLE DIAPERS i have in the house in front of her..

Hope you no need to use any hard tactics to him...

tanglin

Hi all,

my son at 3 yr 10 months has EXACTLY the same issue. pee ok, poo ONLY in diaper and only at home. tried all sorts of ways, tried different tactics to let him sit on potty/toilet bowl etc, all cannot work. used to get very stressed over this cos my inlaws side will always say, so old already must poop in toilet already (as usual, comments a lot but concrete help/advice :none). then my neighbour told me her son also like that, only managed to kick off the habit towards his 5th birthday when they can on longer get diaper that fits him. so i lay off a bit after hearing that and realising that sometimes no point pushing him too hard when he doesn't feel ready..

SunShine07

aiyozzz *sayangs*

have you tried telling him only big boys poo in toilet bowl/potty? Small boi uses diapers?

heeeeee

coz Baber used to seeing us sitting on toilet bowls to pooo, so he also folo lOlzzzzzzzz

Problem is, i dun dare to show him i sit on the toilet bowl n poo leh......:tlaugh:

Very embarassed leh........lolZZZ

SunShine07

I got exactly the same problem with you, and i faced this problem everyday for 4 years...

My elder girl is 4yrs 8mths old as of this month and she only stop this habit end of last year...

No matter what matter i tried, it just doesn't work. P/s: all these years i only use 'soft' tactics. I even asked her school teacher for help to bring her to toilet but in vain........(by e way, last time she ONLY pee at hme, not outside, poo in the diaper and also only at hme). The school teacher even asked me to bring her to see a psychiatrist..

Only until last year I really buai tahan and I know i can no longer use the soft tactic anymore so infront of her and eveybody in the family, i threw all the diapers into the bin and told her very stern that she is a big girl already, must learn to poo in either the potty or the toilet bowl. If she still doesnt want then she can by all means poo on the floor, i dont care.

for the 1st 2 days, she wanted to poo but dare not to use the potty or toilet bowl so she endured.. until the 3rd day she really cannot tahan and she poo her 1st pooooo out into the potty.. the whole family praised her and brought her to eat food that she love and also let her choose to buy a toy. From then on, she poo on her potty and until recently, she 'upgrade' to poo in the toilet bowl.

i dont really encourage ppl to use this hard tactic BUT sometimes when there's really nothing else works.... this might end up be a good choice.

it's all depends on yrself, how well you understand yr own child and how well yr child understand you..

as for me, i knw that sometimes my girl will only give in to the hard ways and she also understands that her mummy (me) say NO means NO and when i throw, I really throw EVERY SINGLE DIAPERS i have in the house in front of her..

Hope you no need to use any hard tactics to him...
I do what u did, by insisted on not wear him diaper, but i scare will cause any discomfort to his stomach, that's why in the end give in to wear the diaper....

SunShine07

Hi all,

my son at 3 yr 10 months has EXACTLY the same issue. pee ok, poo ONLY in diaper and only at home. tried all sorts of ways, tried different tactics to let him sit on potty/toilet bowl etc, all cannot work. used to get very stressed over this cos my inlaws side will always say, so old already must poop in toilet already (as usual, comments a lot but concrete help/advice :none). then my neighbour told me her son also like that, only managed to kick off the habit towards his 5th birthday when they can on longer get diaper that fits him. so i lay off a bit after hearing that and realising that sometimes no point pushing him too hard when he doesn't feel ready..

i think hor, when my son reached 4 yr old the diaper can't fit him liao......he is now already wearing the Mammy poko XXL, last size is XXXL, he is growing like everyday.....must solve this porblem soon.:embarrassed:

Ferishia

My son is 2 1/2 yo, we started potty training a few months ago, at first he'd cry and ask for a diaper when he needs to poo. I think it's more likely because it was insecure.

..and I resorted to bribery! "You'll get a jelly if you sit on the potty and poo." Also, alot of encouragement! All the "Wow! You're such a good boy for sitting on the potty!". Plus you can try giving him books while he sits on the potty, just gently encourage him to "go".

Now, he's also poo in the the underwear a 2-3 times, each time I'd tell him it's shameful, and he shouldn't do it (same thing with the peeing at first). Slowly he just understood he should sit on the potty and poo, and that it's nothing scary about it.

Each child is different, I hope you'll find a way best suit you and your son. =]

EnFlor

i think , when my son reached 4 yr old the diaper can't fit him ......he is now already wearing the Mammy poko XXL, last size is XXXL, he is growing like everyday.....must solve this porblem soon.:embarrassed:

Bring things into the toilet to entice him to sit and poo. Eg :
- Get your son to choose a fancy toilet seat sticker, avail @ some DIY stores.
- maybe, he gets anxious seeing that the adult's toilet bowl is too big. So, u many wanna get a toilet bowl toddler's lid (hmm, dont know the exact name) which you can just put it over the adult's bowl.
- print out a picture of his fav cartoon characters on the wall which allows him to sit and do his biz in the toilet bowl, while the poster distracts him.

I tried all those tactics when my kiddos were at those age. Strategies to excite toddlers their age are endless, we just need to think out of the 'bowl'. Good luck!