My Bundle of Joy, Shaylan Vel..

mrsmorgan

13 Apr, 2345: admitted to Mt. A to induce. Went to delivery suite n was strapped onto CTG monitor. Nurse inserted induce pill n shaved me down south.

14 Apr, 0115: nurse asked me to rest in ward as e pill will take some time before taking effect. told me she'll check in on me at 8am.. see if i'll need another pill or can burst waterbag alr. hubs had to wait in e visitors' lounge as i was in a 2-bedded room.

0635: nurse came n inserted enema for me to clear my bowels. wahh ive never pooed that much in my life before! lol! i think i only slept for an hour throughout e whole night. was too nervous n super hungry!

0650: finally given milo n biscuit.. yayy!!

0715: went back to delivery suite.

0730: 1.5cm dilated.. gynae came n broke my waterbag.. thought he'll use an instrument or what but NOOOO.. he used his fingers!!! since cervix is quite high, just imagine how deep he had to go n he twisted n stretched his fingers in me till e water flowed out! was really very, very painful!
then e contractions started n was at intervals of about 2-3mins. gynae said labour will be very painful n advised me to take epi if really cant stand e pain. then he left n e nurse put me on drip.. another painful experience!
usually im nt afraid of injections but this time was different.. nurse said cant insert needle at e usual spot which is at e back of e hand as my vein there is too fine. so she inserted at e SIDE of my wrist instead! just 1 small movement n it hurt like hell!
nurse told me how to breathe in e gas but i find that it didn't help me much or maybe i didn't use it correctly.. so all e way i just concentrated on e breathing technique.
nurses kept coming in n out to check on dilation n also baby's heartbeat cos was a bit unstable. i wasn't dilating much as well so e nurses kept stretching my cervix! all this while i could stand e contractions which was at a peak of 97 but e stretching of e cervix was just too much for me to bear!

around 1200: i asked hw far ive dilated.. i thought if 1hr 1cm, then i shld be abt 5-6cm by now.. but guess what?? nurse told me only 3cm! n she stretched my cervix again! that was when i decided to succumb to epi! hubs was also telling me to go for it cos he could see how agonized i was..
e epi experience was not as scary as i thought.. just felt a small prick n then some pressure as e epi flowed in.
now i know y some mummies call it "happy-dural".. it really helped me to relax n when e nurse stretched my cervix, i could only feel some pressure.. same goes for e contractions.
e only thing i hate abt e epi was that it made me shiver. my fingers felt so numb so i told hubs to get me a cup of hot water for me to dip my fingers. it did help to relieve e numbness though hubs had to keep changing e water once it turned cold.
i tried to get some sleep so that i'd hav more energy to push later on but i couldnt cos e nurses kept coming in n out to check my dilation n stretch my cervix. baby's heartbeat was still fluctuating too so i had to put on e oxygen mask.. that made me breakdown.. i was extremely worried for my baby n i kept praying. hubs teared too n told me to be strong.

ard 1800: nurse check dilation n said very gd, can start pushing alr while waiting for gynae to arrive. she told me i really hav to give it my all otherwise gynae will suggest emer c-sect as baby's heartbeat was still unstable n we hav to bring him out quickly.
i started pushing n 15mins later, gynae arrived n asked nurse to standby e vacuum.

1854: Baby Shaylan finally arrived weighing 2.76kg, length 49cm, head circumference 32cm.
really, really glad that he managed to come out safely without e need for c-sect as e cord was around his neck in 2 loops!
gynae then stitched me up as i took a gd look at my dear son n let my tears of joy flow freely..

was discharged on 16 Apr.. i enjoyed my stay there.. e nurses are nice, food was quite gd n e lactation consultant was really nice too! saw me twice during my stay.. will definitely go back there for no. 2 but nt so soon, probably in 3-4yrs time! lol

Phoebii Cheng

Hey mrsmorgan,

Congratulations! Finally bb Shaylan is here.....do get plenty of rest and show us ur bb pics.....:tlaugh:

izanyzam

yeayyyyy....your precious is finally here..!!!! Cant wait to see his pic..Rest well dear mummy...!!! :001_302:

LoVeS

well done mummy !! Congratz to ur new bundle of joy~ U did a great job n aso made a gd choice on Mt A ~:tlaugh::tlaugh: