my first pregnancy but miscarriage

i don't know how common miscarriage are in most women's cases as per what the doctor told me.
i lost my bb on Sunday (it is about 8 weeks and ironically, it is a fathers' day)... i never dreamt that miscarriage will happen to me.... i didn't smoke or drink alcohol... though i do not take supplements too (i kept blaming myself for this) .... but i tried my best to eat healthy food whenever i can (though sometimes indulged in my cravings).... i don't know why it happen... i think it is my fault, and i cannot stop crying.... it has been with me for 8 weeks and i lost it... i am at a loss now... i don't know how to continue working next week.
Everyone been telling me that i am still young, (which i am not, i am already 31 years old), i can still have healthy babies in future. But no matter how many babies i have in future, they will never be able to replace this poor baby that i had lost, he didn't even have the chance to see the world.... and i know it is definitely my fault... i took it for granted. and I did not see a Gynae immediately due to busy schedule..... i caused everything.....now i only hope for a chance to do something for my poor baby to make up for him.... but i know there is nothing i can do anymore...
i name him faith after losing him.... i hope faith can keep me going in life..... i don't know if it is a boy or gal, but somehow deep inside me, i have a feeling he is a boy, even though i had been wishing for a gal for first born.
i still have to pretend to be happy and well in front of my parents... because they are so old already, they are already very upset with the loss of their grandchild and i do not want to upset them further by being unhappy.
My husband and parents are being very supportive these period... Some of my colleagues and friends are also upset when they hear the news...

Sorry for my long post..
I only wish to rant my unhappiness here..... hope someone can give me some guidance .....

belindang

hi faithmummy

can feel ur loss for ur bb, which is natural as it was part of u for 8 weeks. But having supportive husband & friends is a blessing. it is ok to cry for ur loss, nothing wrong to hold this special memory & bonding. but if u plan to have a bb again, not sure if u have a religion, think of the bb going to a better place.

Do not blame urself. I believe that u had done ur best in trying to provide the best enviroment for bb to grow in. however sometimes such things happen, maybe for a reason, which i also dun really understand. Look at the beauty of still being alive, still having the chance of conceving again. Yes , it would b beneficial to take some nutrition/ supplement if the constitution of our body is not strong enough. I can share more about such things if u wan. But that is not impt as at now.

Take some time, do things that u enjoy. eg read a book, go for a moive, meet girlfriends for high tea / coffee. or even go for a date with ur hubby.

In life , it 's impt to be able to pick ourselves up when things goes wrong, coz after storm, there's always a rainbow & the storm will not last forever.

Hugz

hi faithmummy

can feel ur loss for ur bb, which is natural as it was part of u for 8 weeks. But having supportive husband & friends is a blessing. it is ok to cry for ur loss, nothing wrong to hold this special memory & bonding. but if u plan to have a bb again, not sure if u have a religion, think of the bb going to a better place.

Do not blame urself. I believe that u had done ur best in trying to provide the best enviroment for bb to grow in. however sometimes such things happen, maybe for a reason, which i also dun really understand. Look at the beauty of still being alive, still having the chance of conceving again. Yes , it would b beneficial to take some nutrition/ supplement if the constitution of our body is not strong enough. I can share more about such things if u wan. But that is not impt as at now.

Take some time, do things that u enjoy. eg read a book, go for a moive, meet girlfriends for high tea / coffee. or even go for a date with ur hubby.

In life , it 's impt to be able to pick ourselves up when things goes wrong, coz after storm, there's always a rainbow & the storm will not last forever.

Hugz
thanks belinda
i am grateful for your reply.
i started taking folic acid now right after miscarriage.... because gynae ask me to do so.
i regretted not doing enough research and not taking folic acid before i start conceiving.
its really my fault that i took for granted...
i feel that i killed my baby...
but ya everything indeed happen for a reason and its fate that i cannot carry him to full term.
i just hope he is safe in another world.... and hope he can reincarnate to be my baby again, if there is indeed reincarnation (no matter what religion we believe in)

i read in other forum... someone saying that miscarriage is not a negative thing but a positive one.
it shows that we can get pregnant and that our body is functioning well.
our body is able to perform quality control and reject baby with birth defects instead of nurturing it and wasted our resources.
i feel very heart pain that my baby is deprived of the chance to come to the world.
and no matter how many babies i have in future, they are never going to be the same baby that i had lost.
but if think on the bright side, its better than having an unhealthy baby and he is going to suffer for the rest of his life.
I am going to pray for him after i rested for one week, and probably to start planting forget-me-nots in memory of him.

Sad 33

i don't know how common miscarriage are in most women's cases as per what the doctor told me.
i lost my bb on Sunday (it is about 8 weeks and ironically, it is a fathers' day)... i never dreamt that miscarriage will happen to me.... i didn't smoke or drink alcohol... though i do not take supplements too (i kept blaming myself for this) .... but i tried my best to eat healthy food whenever i can (though sometimes indulged in my cravings).... i don't know why it happen... i think it is my fault, and i cannot stop crying.... it has been with me for 8 weeks and i lost it... i am at a loss now... i don't know how to continue working next week.
Everyone been telling me that i am still young, (which i am not, i am already 31 years old), i can still have healthy babies in future. But no matter how many babies i have in future, they will never be able to replace this poor baby that i had lost, he didn't even have the chance to see the world.... and i know it is definitely my fault... i took it for granted. and I did not see a Gynae immediately due to busy schedule..... i caused everything.....now i only hope for a chance to do something for my poor baby to make up for him.... but i know there is nothing i can do anymore...
i name him faith after losing him.... i hope faith can keep me going in life..... i don't know if it is a boy or gal, but somehow deep inside me, i have a feeling he is a boy, even though i had been wishing for a gal for first born.
i still have to pretend to be happy and well in front of my parents... because they are so old already, they are already very upset with the loss of their grandchild and i do not want to upset them further by being unhappy.
My husband and parents are being very supportive these period... Some of my colleagues and friends are also upset when they hear the news...

Sorry for my long post..
I only wish to rant my unhappiness here..... hope someone can give me some guidance .....
dear faithmummy,
i just want to share that cos we are hoping for a dragon baby, i was taking folic acid for more than a period of 6 mths. like u know my story, my pregnancy is also not a viable one... i guess the little folic acid plays only a small part to what's going on...
by the way we give up this pregnancy a last try in april cos any further try is no longer a dragon.. but somehow i thot that by striking pregnant i was blessed one. cos it was just this last single try and i got pregnant but end of the day i still can't keep it.
like u mentioned that u are not young at 31...i am also 33 this yr....
u know it was said that woman immediately after m/c to 6mths or even 1 yr is very fertile. there is a lot of saying in the internet to try during this period of 6 mths....but i have no intention to try for a snake baby...
u know what faith mummy, i have actually the same thinking as u...the lost is all my fault. like u i was busy. i even wash clothes the night i found out i am pregnant, then at times i forget that i was pregnant, i was even laying on my stomach too.... later did i discover that squatting, lifting of heavy objects are no no, and even cannot drink barley water as it stimulates the womb..but i drank on and off during the 8 wks. like i find so things i have done and shld not be doing, a lot of forumers commented it is not the case.
faithmummy, we have already sacrife baby due to not being viable, but what i told my hubby is i cannot sacrife baby for nothing so pls make this confinement really a time to boost your body. u know what a woman's health is really dependent on how she does confinement...no joke. i hear of examples. so make the best for our body for future ones....

Sad 33

hi faithmummy

Hugz
hi belinda,
sorry to add in...i will love to hear how u bring about better woman health on nutrition and supplement. can u share it with us? thanks...

belindang

Hi Sad 33

Thks for ur interest. Not juz about bringing better health for women, but for kids & men too. :)

We all know & understand that we live in a world whereby
- the nutrients that we're able to receive from the food we eat is limited & also becoz some / even most of us r selective eaters.
- enviroment & stress adds onto the damage of our body.
Besides trying to eat a balanced diet with as much natural food as possible, it would be very much necessary to put back the essentials/ basic building blocks of our lives.

I used to take lots of supplements, tonics, see TCM, brought my kids for paediatrics regularly, but nothing helps as much and works as complete as what I started abt 9 mths ago. P/s watever mentioned is what I've gone thru the past months, juz sharing.

I started consuming Oliopeptides & Oligosaccharides after much research on the internet. The initial intention was juz to increase my alertness and immunity, becoz of my health condition, coz at the rate I was working.

My eczema started to disappear within abt 2wks. Accidentally I realised that my sinus also disappeared, during renovation in the office. My colleagues commented that I look so much more alert & a glow was showing from within. To me, I was already very happy.
About 3 mths, I realised that I was losing weight and I drop a dress size, with muscles firming, and not so flabby on tubby and upper arms.

Then I started on my kids. Especially for my elder son, his eczema that not only brought discomfort but shame, disappeared and his constipation problem disappeared (last time no matter wat probiotics I fed had hardly any usage). Also they hardly fall sick.

My parents took with condition of gout, UTI also disappearing. My mum was happy as it helped with her backache and strengthen her.

Seeing many around with conditions of arthritis, diabeties, high blood pressure, weight problems, etc getting better, brings a different kind of joy.

To many of us, we have and is trading our health for wealth with the mentality of we're still young. But when we reached a certain stage, the wealth that we accumulated might not even be able to bring back the health that we long for/ need.

I've also been wondering, for those of us that has been setting aside $$$ for insurance (no offense on tis), why are we not setting aside $$$ to ensure that we r healthy. If we ourselves r not healthy, then how can we really take care of those that we luv/ r dependent on us.

In summary - I now take
-> "High Purity Natural Soy Oligopeptides & Oligosaccharides" - these r considered Essential Nutrients
-> " High Purity Natural Soy Isoflavones & Saponins- these r considered Supplements

feel free to ask questions

etep9114

Coincidentally, I lost my 1st son when I was 8 week into pregnancy.

My husband and I opt. to have the fetus's DNA tested and fortunately, not due to genetic defect that we lost him... It just means we can have healthy baby again.

Initially, I do have mild depression and having thoughts like what you had posted despite the fact that I know my husband and I are not to blame. Seen a psychologist regarding this and finally got better to go back to work.

I'm now in my 6th month pregnancy. Everything seems to go well and my next consultation will be this coming Monday.

Don't get too dishearten. Have a chat with us when you are feeling down. I understands what you are going through and hoped you will be well.

Sorry for my long post..

Hi faithmummy,

sorry for your loss but like what everyone here says, build your body up with the necessary nutrients for your future pregnancy. and it s definielt not your fault that you lost this child. I have seen many cases in my colleagues who smoke and drink, in fact, bot of them are smoking throughout their pregnancy, one of them is 8mths along and the other one 5 mths.As a smoker myself who quit upon confirmation of my pregnancy, i really frown upon it but this has not affected their pregnancy.

Taking folic acid is a good thing to do but to my opinion, your mental health is important too. You need to pick yourself up asap so that you can then mentally prepare for your future pregnancy. Age shouldn't be an issue here as i myself delivered my first child at age 35. ome people believe that you have it worse due to age but i had no morning sickness and recovered well after my emergency c-sect so please do not worry.

I quoted belindang here because i feel that investing in tonics and supplements is just as important as buyng insurance.One takes supplements to prevent ill health and buys insurance so as to protect their loved ones from their ill health/death affecting their lifestye financially. I see it as hand in hand.

Hi Sad 33

Thks for ur interest. Not juz about bringing better health for women, but for kids & men too. :)

We all know & understand that we live in a world whereby
- the nutrients that we're able to receive from the food we eat is limited & also becoz some / even most of us r selective eaters.
- enviroment & stress adds onto the damage of our body.
Besides trying to eat a balanced diet with as much natural food as possible, it would be very much necessary to put back the essentials/ basic building blocks of our lives.

I used to take lots of supplements, tonics, see TCM, brought my kids for paediatrics regularly, but nothing helps as much and works as complete as what I started abt 9 mths ago. P/s watever mentioned is what I've gone thru the past months, juz sharing.

I started consuming Oliopeptides & Oligosaccharides after much research on the internet. The initial intention was juz to increase my alertness and immunity, becoz of my health condition, coz at the rate I was working.

My eczema started to disappear within abt 2wks. Accidentally I realised that my sinus also disappeared, during renovation in the office. My colleagues commented that I look so much more alert & a glow was showing from within. To me, I was already very happy.
About 3 mths, I realised that I was losing weight and I drop a dress size, with muscles firming, and not so flabby on tubby and upper arms.

Then I started on my kids. Especially for my elder son, his eczema that not only brought discomfort but shame, disappeared and his constipation problem disappeared (last time no matter wat probiotics I fed had hardly any usage). Also they hardly fall sick.

My parents took with condition of gout, UTI also disappearing. My mum was happy as it helped with her backache and strengthen her.

Seeing many around with conditions of arthritis, diabeties, high blood pressure, weight problems, etc getting better, brings a different kind of joy.

To many of us, we have and is trading our health for wealth with the mentality of we're still young. But when we reached a certain stage, the wealth that we accumulated might not even be able to bring back the health that we long for/ need.

I've also been wondering, for those of us that has been setting aside $$$ for insurance (no offense on tis), why are we not setting aside $$$ to ensure that we r healthy. If we ourselves r not healthy, then how can we really take care of those that we luv/ r dependent on us.

In summary - I now take
-> "High Purity Natural Soy Oligopeptides & Oligosaccharides" - these r considered Essential Nutrients
-> " High Purity Natural Soy Isoflavones & Saponins- these r considered Supplements

feel free to ask questions

gobby23

Hi faithmummy,

I'm sorry to hear your loss. Sometimes it depends on individual health. You still have chance to conceive a baby so don't be dishearten. As what the rest said, build up your health. But nowadays, i'm hearing more miscarriages so we ought to take care of ourselves and stay healthy before our pregnancy. Wish you all the best for your next pregnancy.

Sad33
Guess what... i did exactly the same as u... trying for dragon bb one last time in april and strike and thought i am the blessed one to catch a dragon tail. If our bb were to be born, will be 2013 dragon before cny. I also did the same thing as u, as in not taking enough care about myself . But after this incident, i feel that horoscope is no longer important . Most impt is my bb health and his safety... u shld not lose hope and continue to try to conceive. There is one fengshui master say that water snake is an even better yr to have bb. Water snake bb born next yr will have people to help him throughout his life. But as long as he is our bb, we love him equally regardless of whether he is snake or dragon. Sad33, lets work hard together and pull ourselves together and have healthy bb in future!!!

Belinda,
Really thank u so much for sharing your knowledge on nutrition.

etep,
U know what? I m really happy to hear tt you walk out of your grey period and waiting for your baby birth. It make me feel hopeful and that there is hopes n miracle as long as we believe in it
cogratulations to u!!!

Kaykay,
Thanks for sharing with me about your personal thought. Yes initially i was thinking why happen to me, i dun smoke, dun drink....life is unfair, but i believe everything happen for a reason. I will concentrate on building my health to have healthy bb in future.

Gobby,
Ya indeed, there r so many miscarriages now... cld it be due to the food we eat nowadays?

Sad 33

Sad33
Guess what... i did exactly the same as u... trying for dragon bb one last time in april and strike and thought i am the blessed one to catch a dragon tail. If our bb were to be born, will be 2013 dragon before cny. I also did the same thing as u, as in not taking enough care about myself . But after this incident, i feel that horoscope is no longer important . Most impt is my bb health and his safety... u shld not lose hope and continue to try to conceive. There is one fengshui master say that water snake is an even better yr to have bb. Water snake bb born next yr will have people to help him throughout his life. But as long as he is our bb, we love him equally regardless of whether he is snake or dragon. Sad33, lets work hard together and pull ourselves together and have healthy bb in future!!!

Belinda,
Really thank u so much for sharing your knowledge on nutrition.

etep,
U know what? I m really happy to hear tt you walk out of your grey period and waiting for your baby birth. It make me feel hopeful and that there is hopes n miracle as long as we believe in it
cogratulations to u!!!

Kaykay,
Thanks for sharing with me about your personal thought. Yes initially i was thinking why happen to me, i dun smoke, dun drink....life is unfair, but i believe everything happen for a reason. I will concentrate on building my health to have healthy bb in future.

Gobby,
Ya indeed, there r so many miscarriages now... cld it be due to the food we eat nowadays?
faithmummy,
i dunno if chinese horoscope does impact on relationship or not but snake is a zodiac enemy with my hubby so i am a bit apprehensive if i shld continue with baby planning for snake yr. perhaps i should postpone this to one yr later...
i know that should i be with a child, i will give him/her unconditional love as he/she is our own fresh and blood. however i some experience with such as i am constantly pick up by a family member who is my zodiac enemy.. :p

btw, dunno if there's any mummy out here who can share if there's harmonize relationship between babies who are born zodiac (chinese horoscope) enemy to daddy or mommy?

faith mummy, like what kaykay says...some ladies smoke, or i heard of those who continue to take motorcycle rides and taking cooling, spicy food, still manage to have healthy pregnancy. so perhaps like what my mom says to me, every children must have 'yuan feng' with the parents. what's your is always yours. what's not yours no matter how hard u try u nvr have it.

yes so let's jia you on our health and given our experience, we will definitely be better-prepared-future-pregnant ladies, or more knowledgeable mom or more know-how-to-treasure mom in future... :D

hi belinda,
thanks for sharing your knowledge to better health. we appreciate! :D

hi etep,
glad that u walk out of it.... and Congraulation on your pregnancy. :) may everything goes well on your end and stay healthy and happy!

hi kaykay,
wah...your pregnancy is certainty smooth with no morning sickness. i'm not so lucky..before my m/c i had very bad syptom like backache, bone ache, diarrhea, morning sickness, vomitting, swollen breasts, can't eat...u name it, i have most of the symptoms! being a pregnant is certainty NOT easy!!! :p

hi gobby,
just a few wks ago, it was featured in ST on singapore abortion rate. it was shocking >7000 cases per year. i dunno if involves D&C-M/C or only intentional abortion but the figure is rather shocking.
i also read inside internet about 20% of pregnancy ends up a m/c... that is also very big number...

faithmummy,
i dont know if chinese horoscope does impact on relationship or not but snake is a zodiac enemy with my hubby so i am a bit apprehensive if i shld continue with baby planning for snake yr. perhaps i should postpone this to one yr later...
i know that should i be with a child, i will give him/her unconditional love as he/she is our own fresh and blood. however i some experience with such as i am constantly pick up by a family member who is my zodiac enemy.. :p

btw, dont know if there's any mummy out here who can share if there's harmonize relationship between babies who are born zodiac (chinese horoscope) enemy to daddy or mommy?

faith mummy, like what kaykay says...some ladies smoke, or i heard of those who continue to take motorcycle rides and taking cooling, spicy food, still manage to have healthy pregnancy. so perhaps like what my mom says to me, every children must have 'yuan feng' with the parents. what's your is always yours. what's not yours no matter how hard you try you never have it.

yes so let's jia you on our health and given our experience, we will definitely be better-prepared-future-pregnant ladies, or more knowledgeable mom or more know-how-to-treasure mom in future... :D

sad33,
when i told my mum i was trying for dragon bb, she scold me and say "you should have started trying long time ago" ... but i told her because i dun want tiger or rabbit... she told me 儿孙自有儿孙福 and that horoscope of bb should not be a concern at all when we ttc... but i did not listen.... my hubby and his father (my FIL) supposed to be "chinese horoscope good friends" but surprisingly they always quarrel...... same goes for my dad and I... i am even closer to my mum when my mum is not even my horoscope good friends. ..... so i think it definitely does not hold any purpose.... if u read horoscope website... most of the websites only tell you about Love compatability between horoscope... not parent-child compatability. I remember Lillian too (the famous hk fs master) ever said that children horoscope does not affect parents... Just relax and let nature takes its course....

oh ya. i wanted to share with you.
Last night i went to visit TCM in "Zhong Hua Yi Yuan" in Toa payoh..... the physician said that my body is very weak.... menstrual cycle too short is Not good.... she ask me to still eat confinememt food for this month but not to eat too much as i am too heaty... She also said not to eat too much of other kind of tonics such as chicken essence and to concentrate on taking her medicine.... she said not all people are suitable to take chicken essense or DOM... so it is best to check with chinese physician.
But i guess bai feng wan and royal jelly is okay...

she also ask me to tiao yang my body first before thinking to conceive again.
and she say i can continue to take the vitamins if my gynae give me...

i only pay $9 in total.

$3 for consultation
$6 for 3 days medicine
after finish the medicine, i got to go back to see her again... until she give the green light to try for baby.
Do go for TCM and tiao yang your body in appropriate manner..... let TCM physician advise.

mei2009

sad33,
when i told my mum i was trying for dragon bb, she scold me and say "you should have started trying long time ago" ... but i told her because i dun want tiger or rabbit... she told me 儿孙自有儿孙福 and that horoscope of bb should not be a concern at all when we ttc... but i did not listen.... my hubby and his father (my FIL) supposed to be "chinese horoscope good friends" but surprisingly they always quarrel...... same goes for my dad and I... i am even closer to my mum when my mum is not even my horoscope good friends. ..... so i think it definitely does not hold any purpose.... if u read horoscope website... most of the websites only tell you about Love compatability between horoscope... not parent-child compatability. I remember Lillian too (the famous hk fs master) ever said that children horoscope does not affect parents... Just relax and let nature takes its course....

Last night i went to visit TCM in "Zhong Hua Yi Yuan" in Toa payoh..... the physician said that my body is very weak.... menstrual cycle too short is Not good.... she ask me to still eat confinememt food for this month but not to eat too much as i am too heaty... She also said not to eat too much of other kind of tonics such as chicken essence and to concentrate on taking her medicine.... she said not all people are suitable to take chicken essense or DOM... so it is best to check with chinese physician.

i only pay $9 in total.

$3 for consultation
$6 for 3 days medicine
after finish the medicine, i got to go back to see her again... until she give the green light to try for baby.
Do go for TCM and tiao yang your body in appropriate manner..... let TCM physician advise.

faithmummy, I'm glad to see that you're picking yourself up. TCM is a good way to help your body. It helped me a lot. I also had my first pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage at age 31. Very sad. But after reading about it, I realised that it was nobody's fault - it was just not viable. I keep my little angel baby in my heart and I'll tell my other kids about their angel sibling.. Take care now, and may you conceive again soon!

faithmummy, I'm glad to see that you're picking yourself up. traditional chinese medicine is a good way to help your body. It helped me a lot. I also had my first pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage at age 31. Very sad. But after reading about it, I realised that it was nobody's fault - it was just not viable. I keep my little angel baby in my heart and I'll tell my other kids about their angel sibling.. Take care now, and may you conceive again soon!
mei2009

i am thankful that you shared your story with me.
it always make me feel happy to see other mummies moving on happily in their life...
thanks alot...

my baby faith will be living in my heart forever.
in future, when anyone ask me how many kids i have, i will always include him as one.
i also kept a blog to remember him. i am making a card and planting a tree just for him...

Sad 33

sad33,

i only pay $9 in total.

$3 for consultation
$6 for 3 days medicine
Dear Faithmummy,
unlike u my baby planning started only because a lot things cropped up and i realized it is good to have my own children. And this only happen from late last year til april this year... all along me and hubby are happy to be just the 2 of us.
thanks for sharing with me your thots on chinese horoscope relationships. i am just rather apprehensive due to personal experience. :) think the both of us share many similarities as I also read Lilian Too's magazines and happened to read that issue u talk about that children horoscope does not affect parents. its is all about the ba zhi that matters. yes as there is lots of changes on my end so i will hold this baby planning for the time being...even though i am no longer young! u jia you on yr end :D

i am really glad that u made your step to visit TCM and that u are taking prescribed medication from the zhong yi too. :)
i realized that i shld not take my health for granted and the amount of money i spent on this incident is really quite a substantial sum of money...so now i have this thinking, why waste good money on doctors esp due to poor health, but not spent the money more wisely on better food, supplements, tonics and enjoyment of life. with this amount of money and pain spent, it is really not worth it at all. so it is really better to build a firmer, stronger foundation to my body now. I will visit TCM too after 1st menses come....
Faithmummy, u must really really do your confinement, no matter if u are back to work. pls make sure u don't take cold or cooling stuff and wear warm if possible. it is really best if u can extend yr mini confinement food beyond 1 wk. a nicer forumer tells me to take 1 month of red date tea (consists ginger, red date, brown sugar ---> and i include also wolf berries and black dates) and til this day i am still taking lots of ginger and sesame oil. just to share with u my body when just after 1 wk of D&C was totally weak...that's why u can find many of my positing on backaches, bleeding...:p
i really based on self institution and mum's advice on what to eat during these 4 wks...
unlike u i am more chilling type of person. til now i still have clear phlegm when i clear my throat , given i have taken so much tonic these 4 wks.

may you feel better emotionally soon.......

Last edited:

Sad 33

mei2009

i am thankful that you shared your story with me.
it always make me feel happy to see other mummies moving on happily in their life...
thanks alot...

my baby faith will be living in my heart forever.
in future, when anyone ask me how many kids i have, i will always include him as one.
i also kept a blog to remember him. i am making a card and planting a tree just for him...
Dear faith mummy,
thumbs up on the card and tree planning... i just keep my memories in a diary along with the pics we have taken when i am preg. i even take a pic of myself before i left for D&C.....

Dear Faithmummy,
unlike u my baby planning started only because a lot things cropped up and i realized it is good to have my own children. And this only happen from late last year til april this year... all along me and hubby are happy to be just the 2 of us.
thanks for sharing with me your thots on chinese horoscope relationships. i am just rather apprehensive due to personal experience. :) think the both of us share many similarities as I also read Lilian Too's magazines and happened to read that issue u talk about that children horoscope does not affect parents. its is all about the ba zhi that matters. yes as there is lots of changes on my end so i will hold this baby planning for the time being...even though i am no longer young! u jia you on yr end :D

i am really glad that u made your step to visit TCM and that u are taking prescribed medication from the zhong yi too. :)
i realized that i shld not take my health for granted and the amount of money i spent on this incident is really quite a substantial sum of money...so now i have this thinking, why waste good money on doctors esp due to poor health, but not spent the money more wisely on better food, supplements, tonics and enjoyment of life. with this amount of money and pain spent, it is really not worth it at all. so it is really better to build a firmer, stronger foundation to my body now. I will visit TCM too after 1st menses come....
Faithmummy, u must really really do your confinement, no matter if u are back to work. pls make sure u don't take cold or cooling stuff and wear warm if possible. it is really best if u can extend yr mini confinement food beyond 1 wk. a nicer forumer tells me to take 1 month of red date tea (consists ginger, red date, brown sugar ---> and i include also wolf berries and black dates) and til this day i am still taking lots of ginger and sesame oil. just to share with u my body when just after 1 wk of D&C was totally weak...that's why u can find many of my positing on backaches, bleeding...:p
i really based on self institution and mum's advice on what to eat during these 4 wks...
unlike u i am more chilling type of person. til now i still have clear phlegm when i clear my throat , given i have taken so much tonic these 4 wks.

may you feel better emotionally soon.......
Dear Sad 33,
actually i delayed my bb plan from Tiger year to Dragon year... partly is because of horoscope... but another part of the important reason is that me and my hubby still not prepared to be parents and we still love freedom 2 years ago.
its only that We finally feel ready that we decided to try for dragon year which is also the year i desired.
and Same as you, we started trying end of last year until april this year...
No worries at all... it is totally up to you to feel ready to try conceiving again... there is no right or wrong answer to this.
as long as you feel comfortable... meanwhile, i really hope you can take care of your health too...

I realised all these years, i have been taking my health and everything for granted too.
me being lazy as the sole reason.... but now i decided to live a responsible life.
my TCM ask me not to be too stressed with work... but i told her it is rather difficult. because i work in logistics line.. very very tight on deadline and schedules and very stressful.... i can only try my best to achieve work life balance..
it is also due to all the stress that i kept indulging in Junk food all these... which i totally regretted now...
at that time, my mind could not work well.. but now i must be sensible and be responsible to myself and future pregnancies (if there are chances) ...... Like what you say... rather spend the money on tonics and supplement than to spend the money on visiting doctors... I just tried my TCM medicine today (because i just completed the Antibiotics that hospital gave)... i feel very good after taking the medicine, dunno is it because i am being sensitive, taking the TCM medicine somehow cheered me up and make me feel better with my life...

Yes... i am still taking confinement food (but not too much in a day)
i still believe in having a good confinement and lying on bed frequently...
i will continue taking even when i am back to work....but during lunch time, may be a little difficult so i can only eat at Night for dinner... lunch time i will try to take light food... i will also bring my red dates longan to drink everyday.

Sorry i type wrongly,
i meant to say Plant , but i type as Tree.
i am going to plant Forget-me-nots in memory of my child.
And i do believe that he will come back to me as one of my future kids one day when he is emotionally and spiritually ready.
I am glad that you have some tokens of memories as a keepsake to remember your child too.

Last edited:

Sad 33

Dear Sad 33,
actually i delayed my bb plan from Tiger year to Dragon year... partly is because of horoscope... but another part of the important reason is that me and my hubby still not prepared to be parents and we still love freedom 2 years ago.
its only that We finally feel ready that we decided to try for dragon year which is also the year i desired.
and Same as you, we started trying end of last year until april this year...
No worries at all... it is totally up to you to feel ready to try conceiving again... there is no right or wrong answer to this.
as long as you feel comfortable... meanwhile, i really hope you can take care of your health too...

I realised all these years, i have been taking my health and everything for granted too.
me being lazy as the sole reason.... but now i decided to live a responsible life.
my TCM ask me not to be too stressed with work... but i told her it is rather difficult. because i work in logistics line.. very very tight on deadline and schedules and very stressful.... i can only try my best to achieve work life balance..
it is also due to all the stress that i kept indulging in Junk food all these... which i totally regretted now...
at that time, my mind could not work well.. but now i must be sensible and be responsible to myself and future pregnancies (if there are chances) ...... Like what you say... rather spend the money on tonics and supplement than to spend the money on visiting doctors... I just tried my TCM medicine today (because i just completed the Antibiotics that hospital gave)... i feel very good after taking the medicine, dunno is it because i am being sensitive, taking the TCM medicine somehow cheered me up and make me feel better with my life...

Yes... i am still taking confinement food (but not too much in a day)
i still believe in having a good confinement and lying on bed frequently...
i will continue taking even when i am back to work....but during lunch time, may be a little difficult so i can only eat at Night for dinner... lunch time i will try to take light food... i will also bring my red dates longan to drink everyday.

Sorry i type wrongly,
i meant to say Plant , but i type as Tree.
i am going to plant Forget-me-nots in memory of my child.
And i do believe that he will come back to me as one of my future kids one day when he is emotionally and spiritually ready.
I am glad that you have some tokens of memories as a keepsake to remember your child too.
Dear faithmummy,

i think in singapore most people life, in order to meet end's meet, life can be quite stress and hectic. unless rich tai tais or rich uncles or retires, a lot of us are suffering the fate of constantly need to upkeep with work, society and changing environment in order to have a certain lifestyle or just to meet ends' meet.
its not easy... i work in the finance sector and job like yrs are no joke. these yrs ever since studies, work and marriage (and it comes with HOUSEWORK! cos my hubby don't believe in some stranger in our house!), i have been putting my body to constant (or shld be daily) challenge of low nutrition food and no exercise, and like u when stress, i love junk food like fried curry puffs, chicken wings, mcdonalds, thick cheesy cakes, pudding esp! i've in fact put on more than 10kgs these 5yrs..and i'm not controlling it well. perhaps its also due to aging and low metabolism. further this pregnancy, bed ridden and confinement put another further strain on my body! :p sigh...i used to look good in my 20s and now i am heavy on weight and damn all the gray hairs popping out! a lot of 30s dun have gray hairs like me, hope u don't have this problem too!!!! like u say i wil start taking charge of my body better and more responsibly! :D
when will u resume work?

Dear faithmummy,

i think in singapore most people life, in order to meet end's meet, life can be quite stress and hectic. unless rich tai tais or rich uncles or retires, a lot of us are suffering the fate of constantly need to upkeep with work, society and changing environment in order to have a certain lifestyle or just to meet ends' meet.
its not easy... i work in the finance sector and job like yrs are no joke. these yrs ever since studies, work and marriage (and it comes with HOUSEWORK! cos my hubby don't believe in some stranger in our house!), i have been putting my body to constant (or shld be daily) challenge of low nutrition food and no exercise, and like u when stress, i love junk food like fried curry puffs, chicken wings, mcdonalds, thick cheesy cakes, pudding esp! i've in fact put on more than 10kgs these 5yrs..and i'm not controlling it well. perhaps its also due to aging and low metabolism. further this pregnancy, bed ridden and confinement put another further strain on my body! :p sigh...i used to look good in my 20s and now i am heavy on weight and damn all the gray hairs popping out! a lot of 30s dun have gray hairs like me, hope u don't have this problem too!!!! like u say i wil start taking charge of my body better and more responsibly! :D
when will u resume work?
dear sad33
i am resuming work next Monday, I am not too sure if i can cope emotionally or not.
but i have to go back, take MC too long will have alot of backlog.
i agree with you that being woman nowadays, not only have to juggle with work, but also housechores... and give birth... have to financially help with household income too... Not easy....
plus after all the stress, i allowed myself to eat potato chips, macdonalad (which i love alot especially the garlic chilli) , Koi Bubble tea etc etc....cause further harm to my health.

this morning, i just "emo" again. i cried v badly.... thinking of all the harmful food i took during my pregnancy, thinking about how insensible i am for not going to Gynae as soon as i sense that i am pregnant. i feel that i caused the death of my bb even though ppl been telling me it is not my fault. i scared i will keep "emo" when i go back... no good like that...

yesterday i even go read up on fengshui... to check if there is anything wrong with my new house fengshui. This morning, I talked to my bb too. I believe he is still around me. people will think i am crazy. but I really believe he will come back to be my next bb again.... He came to me with a reason, and he left me also with a reason. He felt that his mummy is not ready yet, and have to leave me so that I can start to wake up my senses and take care of my health. So i told him, please come back to be my bb again.

i must continue to take care of my health. You also can de... it is Not late.... we must have determination.
if really need to eat junk food.... maybe eat once every two week.... like example reward ourselves with good food for One meal every two weeks.
are you taking any prenatal vitamins now, except folic acid?
i read that prenatal vitamins must have Calcium, Iron, Folic, Omega3 fish oil, and Vitamin D.

Last edited: