My maid steal money

Baby seow

My maid has been with me for 2 years and recently extent her contract. 2 months after she is back from her holiday, I found out that she steal my mum $. Really very disappointed with her. Feel like reporting to the police and sent her back to Indonesia.

Ask her where her $ come from and she say is her own $ that she bring back from Indonesia. Guess what! Found her diary and she actually wrote that she steal from my mum.

She actually bought a new hp with the money which she know that I don't allow her to own a hp. Ask her why she still want to buy and her reply was, to made you angry so that you will sent me back to Indonesia. All my friend did that! Can faint!!!

We treat her just like family members. She eat what we eat, we bring her to holiday etc.

In her diary, she wrote we treat her well and she was lucky to work with us. She also wrote on 5 feb 2012 I bring her to the temple together with the rest of us. This is the first time she go temple. Wondering if the god will forgive her for stealing!!!

Now, waiting for my new maid to arrive, still wondering what should I do to her? Should I report to police or just sent her back?

We Singaporean always sent maid back once we found out they steal, that is why, my maid told me, all friends also like that, steal and kena sent back only ma!

Wanted to report police and get her banned from coming back but I pity her at the same time.

Can anyone tell me, if is possible to get the maid banned without reporting to the police, after all she is a good maid. A mistake that she will regret!

catflying

My hub granny's maid stole from her a total of 18k and my sis in law maid stole her money and jewelleries. They were reported to police and she was jailed for several months. But at the end, it depends on what you want? Send her back and let her scot free or report police to let her face what she had done. But you need evidence on the theft?

She is a time bomb in your family and I think her actions are to make you send her back. I would report to her to the police. Meanwhile, please keep your valuable items properly. You don know what she may do if she knows she is going to be send back soon.

Baby seow

She still don't know that I'm senting her soon while waiting for my new replacement. But I guess she somehow expect it too. As we did not even scold her and treat her as per normal as if nothing happen. I have the evidence as the diary I kept it in my safe. Hope that Mom can banned her from coming back if I will do email to them the evidence. 

ping26

to me, there's no point in jailing her. unless u can get your money back. i think it's just wasting tax-payers' money - investigation, jail, court time.

It doesn't serve as deterrent to other maids cos MOM doesn't want to release stats of crimes committed by maids.

my sis reported her maid to police for soliciting sex. the policeman advised her to mail evidence to MOM & she'll be blacklisted. I hope so. MOM's officials & that new minister seems to be putting maid welfare as top priority. i don't read about them doing anything for singaporean employers.

Baby seow

to me, there's no point in jailing her. unless you can get your money back. i think it's just wasting tax-payers' money - investigation, jail, court time.

It doesn't serve as deterrent to other maids cos MOM doesn't want to release stats of crimes committed by maids.

my sis reported her maid to police for soliciting sex. the policeman advised her to mail evidence to MOM & she'll be blacklisted. I hope so. MOM's officials & that new minister seems to be putting maid welfare as top priority. i dont't read about them doing anything for singaporean employers.
Mmm. . . Got to agree with you. Cannot and never understand why they are so protective of them. If we abuse the maid, we will be jail or fined. If they steal, just sent them back! So unfair! They should do something about it, as like what my maid say,: my friend say, to make you angry and employer will sent you back!

If I will to just sent her home like that, she will go back and tell others and the cycle will repeat!!

ping26

just posted this reply from Min of Maids,

The Ministry will only be able to place a foreign domestic worker on an employment ban if she is charged and found guilty of an offence under the Singapore laws.

Nonetheless, the Ministry is prepared to inform prospective employers that you have lodged a feedback on this worker's behaviour, provided that you are agreeable to us releasing your contact details to the prospective employers. We will advise the prospective employer to contact you directly if he wishes to seek clarification on the nature of the feedback. If the prospective employer decides to employ the worker in spite of your feedback, we will proceed to process the application.

Please let us have your updated contact details: email address or mobile/residential number if you are agreeable to the above within 7 days from the date of this email. Otherwise, we will have to treat this matter as closed.

So i guess you shld scare your maid so that she thinks she's blacklisted. otherwise, some hapless mummy will choose her & wait 1-2 mth, only to find out that her choice is flawed if MOM does inform her.