My superb experience - IPL Hair Removal

stonston

Just sharing my superb experience.

I did my IPL last Wed at Musee (Centrepoint #03-20).
MUSEE PLATINUM TOKYO | PROMOTION

Package I paid for:
They are having promo till end Sept.
$188 for unlimited sessions for underarms, no expiry date.

Signing the package:
They explained the hair removal process.
I had to fill up a form on medical conditions (quite standard for other spa centres too).
Then they showed me their package prices (for other parts of the body).
And they asked me if I'm still interested to sign the package.
No hard selling at all. They left me alone for a while to read through the materials and to consider carefully without any pressure.
Then I confirmed the package and paid.
They also explained to me that if I'm not satisfied with the results after 1 session, they will refund the balance of the package (minus off that 1 session).
I will definitely sign up other packages once budget permits!
(Aiming for the bikini/brazilian package)

The actual treatment:
They asked me to change into their provided spag (no need to remove lower garments/bra).
Then the lady explained what she was going to do.
1. Covered my eyes with cotton wool, then cloth, then sunglasses, then another piece of cloth.
2. Raise my arms up above my head & she shaved for me (though I followed their instructions to shave 2 days before the appt, my hair grows very fast).
3. Put a cold gel on my armpits.
4. Use the machine to zap zap zap. (I could feel/see the bright light when she zaps)
5. Then she remove the gel and put a cold pad on my armpits to 'cool' it (it's to prevent any skin damage).

Then she let me rest and change into my clothes for 5min.

Post treatment:
They told me not to put deodorant for 24 hours.
Don't pluck or wax. If need, can shave the next day.
No suntanning.

Now:
Today is the 5th day after my treatment. I saw hair falling off on their own while I was showering. The lady told me it takes around 1-2 weeks for the hair to start to fall off themselves. Impressive!

If you are keen, do give them a call to fix an appt soon!
Their promo ends 30th Sept. It's really a good deal (I've been searching around for so many years trying to find somewhere good and reliable).

You'll get a free upper lip session if you quote my membership no: 81001600
:D Enjoy!

stonston

Just to update:
Today is Day 6.
50% of the hair has dropped off. Very satisfied with the results. Compared to waxing/plucking/shaving. Will need to wait and see if it grows back (doubt so and the hairs that drop out all have dead roots).

For $188, unlimited sessions, super worth it. And I've only done 1 session and very satisfied with the results. Really can't wait to go back again :D

stonston

It's been a week since my first session. Only left with 20% of armpit hair. :D The rest all dropped :D

It's been a week since my first session. Only left with 20% of armpit hair. :D The rest all dropped :D
Sounds amazing! I also wanna go straight after my delivery:Dancing_wub: but Stonston, do they do whitening for armpits as well? Armpits becoming darker sine preggie:shyxxx: I think I will go checkout this package!

Thanks for sharing!

stonston

The cooling gel they put when doing the IPL is a whitening gel according to the lady who did it for me. Anyway, I'm not too sure whether it lighten the armpits but without the hair stubs, my armpits are definitely lighter in colour! :p

I read somewhere that IPL will also help to whiten the area. Think it's from their brochure.

megtan

Hi stonston,

Sounds good! I've been thinking about IPL hair removal for my underarm for sometime but never get down to looking for a reliable shop that doesn't hardsell.

Do you have to go for more sessions? How do you know whether you need to, and what is the interval?

Feliz

Thanks stonston.. Been lookin ard n most are so ex.. Will call this tmr! so excited!! :001_302:

stonston

I had been looking around for very long too! In fact, I started looking around since 8 years ago! But all too exp or very pushy. So now I found this very good offer, I GRAB!
This salon is well-known in Japan with many many outlets there. Japanese are quite fanatic about hygiene cos this salon can't be wrong :D

My hubs commented that my armpit is more sexy with less hair. hahaha!!

Feliz

I had been looking around for very long too! In fact, I started looking around since 8 years ago! But all too exp or very pushy. So now I found this very good offer, I GRAB!
This salon is well-known in Japan with many many outlets there. Japanese are quite fanatic about hygiene cos this salon can't be wrong :D

My hubs commented that my armpit is more sexy with less hair. hahaha!!

LOL~~ I called to make appt earlier on den they told me FULLY BOOKED til nex month.. but i manage to ask them to squeeze me in for 1 slot and my appt are on 14th sept! Cant wait!! :tlaugh:

Oh ya, jus to double confirm their unlimited means we can go again n again? like example 6months later or so??

sharonyi66

Me too! I just called them up and they managed to squeeze me in on 24/9!

Felz, do share your exp here too after you tried it!

stonston

Oh ya, just to double confirm their unlimited means we can go again n again? like example 6months later or so??
Yes! It's unlimited but you need 2months between each session.
They recommend around 6 sessions to remove thoroughly.

That's why it's good for young girls to go. If the hair grows back later, they can go back for another session :)

Feliz

Me too! I just called them up and they managed to squeeze me in on 24/9!

Felz, do share your exp here too after you tried it!

hehhe.. yeah will update here aft i go.. :001_302:

Yes! It's unlimited but you need 2months between each session.
They recommend around 6 sessions to remove thoroughly.

That's why it's good for young girls to go. If the hair grows back later, they can go back for another session :)

Oic.. den its really very worth it! cant wait.!! :tlaugh:

stonston

It's around 3 weeks past my first session.

Some very fine hairs are starting to grow again but they are very fine, and seems like the re-growth are those fine fine.

So right now, only left with around 20% of the original thick and coarse hair.
Another 10% re-grow those fine fine hair.

HAPPY :D

modchicme

Hi all, I am currently going for the IPL treatment at Pink Parlour Orchard Central. It’s pretty big and comfortable, I’m on my fifth session and it’s looking great! Therapist told me that I only need six sessions max to remove all underarm hair. Actually I’m quite scared in the beginning of having to do IPL for endless sessions! (the kinda salons that blame you for your hair growth and keep on insisting that you have to add on more sessions!) but my experience here has been great! Definitely recommend to you ladies. Am happy to see happy reviews here too! :)

Last edited:

modchicme

I do waxing and facial at pink parlour too. Love the service there :)
Hi dear, tried to reply earlier but my text were gone! :( Anyways, I wanted to say that I love Pink Parlour too! I have done their brazilian waxing, how are their facials? What kind did you do? Heard that they are opening at Nex shopping mall but i frequent the Orchard Central one for my IPL. Which one do u go to? :)