Natural Birth with no Drug at all

l0r3tTa

Hi all mummies,

May I know anyone has already given birth and did a natural birth with no interference of any form of medications/drugs.

Would like to find out more from your experience, as I am opting for no medication at all and would love to go through active labour and be as mobile as possible. I'm due 3 March 2013.

Thanks for Sharing :)

eldarwen

hello there. i delivered recently through natural birth without any drugs or intervention. Delivered in 2 hours on reaching hospital as well. You can PM me for more discussion :)

PockyMummy

For my case I went for induce labour.. Insert the pill at 11pm and until the next day 9am i was only 4cm dilated so my gynae put me on observation until 12nn i was still 4cm dilated without any strong contraction so my gynae decided to put me on drip and burst my waterbag. The contraction came not long after he burst my waterbag. I endure the pain without using any pain relief till my son was born at 7pm plus.. =)

MsSaggi

PockyMummy:752421 said:
For my case I went for induce labour.. Insert the pill at 11pm and until the next day 9am i was only 4cm dilated so my gynae put me on observation until 12nn i was still 4cm dilated without any strong contraction so my gynae decided to put me on drip and burst my waterbag. The contraction came not long after he burst my waterbag. I endure the pain without using any pain relief till my son was born at 7pm plus.. =)
Hi, was wondering.. after the pill insertion, you stayed at the hospital or sent home ?

PockyMummy

I stayed overnight at the hospital because i checked in the hospital after 12am and my doctor advise me to stay overnight due to i thought of giving birth at 10am but my cervix wasn't open enough.. =)

I delivered in nov without any drugs. Well it really depends on how long you're in labour and your threshold for pain. Im in labour for 4 hours and i told my hubby to stop me from getting any epidural if couldnt take it. Get him to keep encourage you. Good luck!

l0r3tTa

Yingiielim:756481 said:
I delivered in nov without any drugs. Well it really depends on how long you're in labour and your threshold for pain. Im in labour for 4 hours and i told my hubby to stop me from getting any epidural if couldnt take it. Get him to keep encourage you. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing. May I know at what interval was your contractions at when you went to the hospital? How did you cope with the intense labour contractions, like what kind of methods and which hospital were you at?

Thanks for sharing.. really appreciate it :)

Im not too sure abt e interval. I think e breathing technique helps a bit cuz it makes u distracted. I really didnt do much. Cuz e nurse didnt allow me to move much as they wn to detect bb's heartbeat. All i did was squeezing stuffs like e bed frame and my husband's hand. I kept telling my hubby to say stuffs to motivate me. Try nt to look at e clock. It will make u feel worse. Scream if you have to! During the contraction dont push until e doc tells u to. I delivered at tmc.

l0r3tTa

I did it. I managed to manage the contractions with the gas mask and was dilated pretty quickly. Baby was out 9.2.13 @ 0518hrs

zaclin29

When u say no drugs means not even on drips?

I did it with only gas mask & water to manage the pain. No needles or pills. Had a 8 hrs labour upon admission.

l0r3tTa

No drug means no epidural or the pethidine that will cross the placenta. And natural birth would be to experience the entire labour. Hee..

I'm so proud that we all did it as best as we could.

Zaclin29, was it your first baby for the 8 hours with only has mask? My first baby was induced with pill insert as well as on the drip, with gas mask was not too effective and was dilating slowly,so i ended up opting for the pethidine jab and tt helped me dilate. About 6 hours or labour then. This 2nd baby was the best la, thought it would take me ages to dilate again, but it happened all too quickly. Haha..about 4hrs in total and 2 hours + of intense labour.