Need advice for TMC~

wenz

All Mommies who gave birth at TMC, i need your advice.

My last pregnacy was at Mt A and i love tat place somemore my PD is also at there but now i'm with no.3 and i was told by my gynae yesterday if i wanna do ligation i need to go TMC as Mt A are Catholic so they dun allow ligation to be performed at their hospital, meaning another new environment again!

What i need to know is how many bedded u stayed in? How many days? How much u paid for ur whole hospital bill after medisvae? and the services there?

Thanks!

autumn82

I stayed at TMC for both my kids by C-sect but diff gynae.

1st: 2 bedded, paid $3K+ in cash (mum & bb), stayed for 4 days, service gd.
2nd: 1 bedded deluxe rm, paid $3K+ in cash (mum & bb), stayed 4 days, service excellent until dun wanna go home. :p

autumn82

ohh so 2 bedded and 1 bedded also 3k+?
hmmm need to set aside so many money! haha
Erm.. Depends on ur gynae bill? My 1st gynae charges was beri ex type, no maternity package also. 2nd gynae charges was cheap like siao (quoto from DH). :tlaugh:

Besides that, I opt for C-sect. If u're going natural, I guess it will be cheaper. :)

January84

My gynae booked the 4 bedded for me but I was auto-graded free.

mum + bb = 2k (paid $300+) in cash others by medisave.

Natural birth. 3 nights.

SunShine07

I paid about 2k in cash the rest in medisave (mine is c-section) for mum and baby stay, 2 bedded. Actually i find TMC service is not bad especially if u are very keen on BF, they are always there to guide you. Overall is good, just that i find it quite cramp and small if compare to Mt A.

MT A is more quieter and cosy as compare to TMC (my sis delivered at MT A)

If compare to $$$ TMC is slighty cheaper lah

All Mommies who gave birth at TMC, i need your advice.

My last pregnacy was at Mt A and i love tat place somemore my PD is also at there but now i'm with no.3 and i was told by my gynae yesterday if i wanna do ligation i need to go TMC as Mt A are Catholic so they dun allow ligation to be performed at their hospital, meaning another new environment again!

What i need to know is how many bedded u stayed in? How many days? How much u paid for ur whole hospital bill after medisvae? and the services there?

Thanks!
Hi Wenz

I gave birth at TMC 3 mths ago. The bill size is depends on few issues.
-charges from yr gyne
-room
-method of give birth
-FBI member's discount

I stayyed in one beded room (abt $420/day), and added one bed for mu husband ($70/day). I went through 8 hrs of natural birth which charged me $1200, and cesarean which charged me $2K plus, both are without epidural or any injection. I used laughing gas only during nayural birth. If I remember correctly, cesarean with ligation should be around 3K, there will be addition charge with use of epidural. My gyne charge $1800 for cesarean. my bill was $8K plus (almost 9K), I paid $3.8K cash. FBI member have discount on bedroom, cant remember whether there is any other discount. If u stay in two bedroom, all the charges will be cheaper, except gyne charge, but u cant have additional bed for yr husband.

Maybe u can visit TMC website and request for the charges' table.

Deborah
deborah_lkl@yahoo.com.sg

wenz

I paid about 2k in cash the rest in medisave (mine is c-section) for mum and baby stay, 2 bedded. Actually i find TMC service is not bad especially if u are very keen on BF, they are always there to guide you. Overall is good, just that i find it quite cramp and small if compare to Mt A.

MT A is more quieter and cosy as compare to TMC (my sis delivered at MT A)

If compare to $$$ TMC is slighty cheaper lah
my previous was at Mt A too, and i really like tat place... i wanted to go back to Mt A but too bad they dun allow ligation due to they are catholic so i have to give birth at TMC... i did a rough calculation, if natural birth need to stay 3 nights, 1 bedded, w/o epi and need to do ligation i need to fork out aorund 3k of cash after medisave...

so i wonder does it consider cheap or ex?

LoVeS

Same here my previous pregnancy was deliver at Mt A n i really like tat place alot but due to ligation so haf to go TMC~

I heard tat TMC juz increased their price few mths back so i wonder the bill wise will TMC b more ex than Mt A?

veronica

I went to TMC lately and saw the poster they put up in most lifts regarding bill size.

They used to be the lowest among private hospitals but now East Shore is the top 1, TMC #2 and MT A #3.

Not sure if this is true or not..

LoVeS

I went to TMC lately and saw the poster they put up in most lifts regarding bill size.

They used to be the lowest among private hospitals but now East Shore is the top 1, TMC #2 and MT A #3.

Not sure if this is true or not..
I doubt tat poster is accurate coz they juz increase their price a few mth back~ In fact i saw tat poster 2mth+ ago alrdy~

wenz

Same here my previous pregnancy was deliver at Mt A n i really like tat place alot but due to ligation so haf to go TMC~

I heard tat TMC juz increased their price few mths back so i wonder the bill wise will TMC b more ex than Mt A?
Love, rem to share ur experience after ur birth and ligation... cos me also going for ligation at TMC thou i prefer Mt A more...

LoVeS

Love, rem to share ur experience after ur birth and ligation... cos me also going for ligation at TMC thou i prefer Mt A more...
same lor i prefer Mt A ~ seriously i dun wish to go TMC but really seem like no choice~ :embarrassed:

forbearing

huh, mummies , tmc so bad meh?
i also deciding on TMC for my #1.
Still hvnt confirm yet leh.
i dont think TMC is bad..
is just that mummies who stayed at Mt A before will prefer Mt A coz of their pleasant stay ma..
IMHO i think they should give TMC a little bit of faith..
mayb TMC will serve as gd as Mt A?

hehe..i'll be giving birth at TMC..
my friend said that their service is quite good..
so hope TMC wont disappoint us(those who choose there)~~
:tlaugh:

LoVeS

i dont think TMC is bad..
is just that mummies who stayed at Mt A before will prefer Mt A coz of their pleasant stay ma..
IMHO i think they should give TMC a little bit of faith..
mayb TMC will serve as gd as Mt A?

hehe..i'll be giving birth at TMC..
my friend said that their service is quite good..
so hope TMC wont disappoint us(those who choose there)~~
:tlaugh:
It nt juz the service actually but aso the environment there makes us like home more than a hospital stay + the ward rm there is bigger than TMC so far tat i heard~ Sumore the bill size seem more ex than Mt A as Mt A so far nv increase their price~ BUT i haf to agree tat it juz personal experience on which hospital they prefer more which of coz there r aso mummies who prefer TMC too~

Anyway no matter wat i still haf to deliver at TMC due to the ligation so no choice lor~

wenz

ya, its not we are saying TMC not good, in fact many ppl told me TMC quite good... just tat we stayed in Mt A previously, the ward is big and cosy, service is good and carpark also bigger... somemore when bore can take a stroll around hospital... so i personally like Mt A, as for the bill i have to say Mt A is really cheaper den TMC when compared to mothers comment on their bills at TMC and Mt A...

But still me also because of ligation need to go TMC! sianz...
all my 3 kids all different hospital~ duhzzz