need advise, Backpain is normal?

Dear all mummy,

I'm currently abt 6weeks preggie (from last menses) and i have lower back pain start from week5.
My gyn said its hormon changes, and she said to take panadol but dont apply medical oil.
but if i take panadol everyday one tablet, my mom said do not take panadol so often... but, i am really suffer with this backpain, and even cannot stand up properly.

is anyone experience that? kindly advice me.

elliuzioin

It is quite natural although your backache seems early. I have my backache starting from 8th week. you can try to ask someone to help you rub your back for you. you can also try to buy those pillow for pregnant woman (i got mine in mother world) to help support your back when you sit or slp.

Try to bath with warm water and it will start loosen tightness of the backache. and also you can go for a swim. not exactly swim, just soak in the water. will feel more relax.

i think taking panadol is not very good for your baby as well. so is best not to take too much if possible. =)

Ah Cheng

Hi. think is not good to eat too much medicine to ease the pain. I went to see my gynae and she gave me those medicated plaster.

Try sleeping sideway or use any pillow to support your back (soft material so that it's more comfortable for you).

Porukadotzu

hi all, i start to hv backpain since my 4th mnth pregnancy, and i hv been applying Heat Rub since then. I try to avoid drinking panadol thou, even doc allow me to hv it. But quite worry of any side effect.

sleep on sideways do really helpful, and to put pillow behind backbone also help alot specially when i felt very stuffy and can't breath properly (like me now during the 7th mth) when i lay sideways. And if sometimes you felt breathless, can put pillow to make your chest and head higher.

Ah Cheng

Sometimes when I sleep sideway, I scare of hurting the baby.

Will it hurt the baby cos I feel that I can pressing on the baby (when sleeping sideway).

Yuhua

Backpain is normal as the spine needs to take the weight of the baby as he/she grows in your tummy. I had severe back pain with my first preg and did yoga. The pain disappeared when I am in my 4th month and for my 2nd one, I did not experience it at all. Prenatal yoga truly could be a good way out, no only u get to work out and perspire, you also get to practise your breathing which is essential to get over the delivery with ease. :001_302:

Carlisle

How about applying pain killer ointments or creams? I think ointments will do, but yes medicines/tablets/capsules are not advisable for pregnant women.

lyra

Sometimes when I sleep sideway, I scare of hurting the baby.

Will it hurt the baby cos I feel that I can pressing on the baby (when sleeping sideway).
I think u r supposed to sleep sideways coz sleeping on ur back puts uterus n baby's weight on ur back n strains it. That's what I gathered from reading up info abt pregnancy.

lyra

How about applying pain killer ointments or creams? I think ointments will do, but yes medicines/tablets/capsules are not advisable for pregnant women.
Not all ointments r safe. Better check with pharmacist or doctor before buying or applying.

citrella

I have terrible backache too.

These are some of the methods I've tried and they do ease the pain a little (though I'm still having some pains nonetheless).

1. hot waterbag
2. pillow under the leg
3. sleeping sideways
4. light back massage by hubby