Need help!! Baby has no identity!

neondagger

Hi all,

I am a malaysian Pr in singapore. Recently on the 1/1/2015 my baby was born. However me and my boyfriend has not registered yet due to him still being seperated and not yet divorced due to the time frame. Now the birth cert has my boyfriend name on it. However Ica has deem my son not a singapore nor a PR by birth as we were not registered yet. Subsequently we went to Malaysia Embassy to try to get a passport for my son, however they said the application is 6 months. During this period we would require to make a special pass for the baby to stay in singapore. However if my son does not get SC than we will not get the baby bonus which is quite important to us. FYI, my boyfriend is due to divorce around may. What can i do to apply for my son SC or PR, according to ICA my husband cannot sponsor my son as we are not married. Will finding an MP help?

gohkimchoe

Hi,
I am trying to find out the way to apply for PR for my baby. I have yet to deliver tho, just want to prepare for documentation now. Understand that i need to have birth cert, then Registration of Birth (Borang W) and then passport first before applying for PR. Thereafter how can i apply PR for my baby?

Myself and my husband are singaporean PR.

Thanks.

Triple

Alpha Male
Due to divorce around May? He is only separated now? From Filing to Decree Absolute Nesi takes minimum 7 months uncontested. Because u are a PR, the baby will likely follow your citizenship already? U have to face reality that this is going to be a long process to get PR, and eventually SC.